Quantcast
Do As I Say (Not As I Do) - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Do As I Say (Not As I Do)

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If you looked at it as a percentage of square foot usage and compared it to the average home in North America, you'd be really surprised.

I think what Gore is doing is great. It seems like he is been genuine about the issue and cares about changing things.

Then again, maybe I'm just a naive person with big hopes and dreams
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by riceeater
    you know, i thought about it... he runs 2 businesses?? so what, it's not like he's physically doing anything... he just talks to people, and entertains them. It's not like he's running heavy equipment all the time to run up his bill.... he just keeps the lights on, and has the music and probably some big ass TVs for conferences... wooptie doo, that doesnt run up your bill that much... your pools and saunas and hottubs do...but whatever, if i was cashing in as huge as he is from this i'd put up with driving a shitbucket hybrid, and pretending to be hardcore by replacing my windows and lightbulbs... go plant a million trees or something, then i'll be impressed, until then this is all just a show celebrities are to global warming, what wrestling is to sport
    1. you are making assumptions about his house, and how he lives
    2. he uses a power source that DOESN'T HARM THE ENVIRONMENT, and pays more for it, even if he ran his appliances all day long, had his lights on all day long, and cranked the heat in his house, the impact on the environment would be next to nothing as all the energy he is using doesn't affect the environment
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by collectskulls
    http://www.sweetness-light.com/archi...carbon-offsets
    you mean al gore starts a company to help the environment and then *GASP* actually invests in a company to help the environment, UNBELIEVABLE.

ATTENTION EVERYONE, STARTING A COMPANY TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT, AND USING THAT PROGRAM IS NOW EVIL, TELL EVERYONE, THE LEFT IS OUT TO DESTROY US ALL!!!!

If you think someone starting a program to save the environment and investing in it is bad, I'd LOVE to see what you think about people who are high ranking ceo's of companies that are into all kinds of war technology and oil companies and, well i think we know how THEY reinvest into those companies

Last edited by finboy; 03-01-2007 at 09:40 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    00 JeeChe

The environment is my bitch, and I will continue to treat it as such.

My Ride
    E46M3

Originally posted by Mangina
    The environment is my bitch, and I will continue to treat it as such.

My Ride
    5.0L Mustang Inches of Air-assisted lift: 10

This is really really reall off topic.
    BUT

I Have a good thing to add:

DO as I say here, DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE ever!!!!
    If you want to know how bad it is when you do that, just PM me!

My Ride
    something green

And the latest news, he has 4 houses. And each one used more energy than 8 average american households combined..
    Also soon to be breaking news is that Al gore is the owner of company that is involved in trading carbon credits.. Now you know why he is on the global warming bandwagon..
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Indian Scout

It's amazing how simplistic some people are. If you haven't seen 'An Inconvenient Truth', then watch it before you comment. If you have seen it and you really and truly believe that all Gore invested all that effort, money, and time in order to promote a 'green' company which he founded, then you're a very confused and cynical individual.

How about considering, as finboy pointed out above, that maybe he founded Generation Investment Management in order to further support the initiatives which he actively promotes. If anything, this company, and Gore as the founder, should serve as evidence of him ACTUALLY DOING WHAT HE SAYS, not the contrary.

My Ride
    You Crazy

There's no point arguing with some people. The US did not sign Kyoto, so Gore did this so that people could voluntarily individually participate in Kyoto

Oh well... what more is there to say to them. We can spread knowledge and truth....well at least the message of probability lol

Oh well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3