Quantcast
help need some advice on my speeding ticket - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: help need some advice on my speeding ticket

Originally posted by _wrx_
    are you not allowed up to 10 kms'? so 60 kmh, i didnt even go that fast.
    No, your not technically allowed to go 10kms over the limit. However I have found USUALLY you won't get a ticket for less than 10 over. But I guess as you found out not ALWAYS.

My Ride
    06 S2000

They don't have any predefined tickets for less than 10km over... I'm gone past radars, cops, etc, doing 8-9km/h over the limit... usually they won't pull you over for less then 13 IIRC, but I didn't even think there WAS a ticket for 1km/h over the limit....
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    91 Mr Not

Sounds to me like the cop will have a different story than yours to tell come court day.

How fast did you "accelerate" past the semi?

I can just see it now...you're impatient from the semi, you floor it and bolt around him real close to his bumper. The cop sees you coming out of nowhere at wot and decides your getting pulled over because that kind of behavior is just a little inappropiately too close to a hospital. You're not likely going 57 or 58 at that point (let's be real about it) He doesn't get to his radar gun quickly enough as you see him and are already deccelerating. He only gets you at 51.

Pay the ticket and quit whining - the way your're stating it here sounds evasive and if you take it to court like this it'll sound that way to him. It sounds like the cop could have been a real dick and cut you a break instead...

My Ride

so turns out he clocked me at 51 km/h 1 km over speed limit.

cops suck
    i explained my story, i guess he felt sorry for me and said i will let you of with a warning, and gave me a 51 km/h speeding ticket.
    are you not allowed up to 10 kms'? so 60 kmh, i didnt even go that fast.
    S M R T
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

SO how much is the ticket? $30? jeez what are you complaining about anyways.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

A ticket for <10km an hour exists, its the lowest you can get.

I would pay the damned thing. Like I said he was probably giving you a warning instead of being an ass and giving you a huge ticket for reckless driving.

Also i have seen people getting pulled over for accelerating to fast, going around corners to fast, yada yada. Cop came up to our window and said "how fast did you go around that corner" my buddy said "im not sure 60, 65" the cop said " I didnt get a speed on you but your suspension was squatting so hard, there is no way you were going that slow, be careful." and he let us off.

But they can use there discretion.
    Cos...

w.e close this thread to many hatters on beyond.
    but thanks brendankharris

My Ride
    You Crazy

Do the usual... plead not guilty, ask for disclosure, read what the cop wrote as his notes, go to your trial.

Talking to the CP is usually a waste of 2 hours of your life. YOu get in and out faster in the actual court date, and you get the added bonus that if the cop KNOWS his ticket was BS, he may not show up..... I have got a couple complete BS tickets where the cop basically gave me a ticket for refusing to suck his cock (well kiss his ass anyway lol), and in 2 of the 3 instances, they never showed. In the third, the CP tossed it after talking to me and the cop before the trial.

Hard to believe, but cops lie, and they have a vested interest to write tickets. Its not a fair or balanced system , so ignore the dummies here and do like I told ya above.

Now, if his notes happen to say you were clocked at 65, but he gave you a ticket at 51, you could be in trouble. If he ESTIMATED you at 65 and gave the ticket at 51, you have a better chance at a deal, but you will sill get something....

My Ride
    You Crazy

Oh, but NEVER EVER go into trial SHOWING or stating that you think the cop is lying. The Judges HATE that. If you are half presentable though, they also HATE if the cop or CP says you are lying... so get your story straight and consistant and stick to it. Make sure there are no logical errors.

In the case of a deadlock....ie your word against the cops, the judge will try and side with the cop by tripping you up and getting you on a technicality....

I think of court as fun, and a learning experience. I rarely lose anymore, and when i do, its cause I did not prepare enough. lol Dont be intimidated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2