My Ride
    Bicycle

Default 200lb 8yr boy, step aside.....

we have a new champ.....

400lb 7yr old girl

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b18_1172733327

My Ride
    00 Integra

They didn't put her on a strict diet until she reached 400lbs? 200lbs wasn't bad enough? wow...awesome parents.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

WTF... thats disturbing. I don't know if she has some sort of medical condition or what, but ya... ^^^ why wait so long to get her help when there was obviously a problem before.

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

That is fucking disgusting! Pardon the french....
    Makes me so sick inside and actually makes you have tears in your eyes for the suffering and obvious discomfort that poor child is going though....

Fucking parents need to be neutered.

Whats going on with child obesity lately? Obviously this is a rare situation, but even regular kids. You remeber back in elementary / jr high? There was like 2-3 "husky" kids but not OVERLY fat?

Well that seems to be the norm now, i dunno, when i was a kid my parents promoted me doing sports. Maybe thats the difference.... parents buy their kids xbox's and playstations and hope that keeps them babysat rather than taking parenting into their own hands.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Whats going on with child obesity lately?
    Lots of parents are too lazy to discipline their kids to in order to get them to stop whining or bitching, parents will let their kids get what they want to shut them up. I saw this a lot when I was younger playing hockey. Kids on the team would bitch to their parents that they wanted something from the vending machine, didn't get it so would drop their bags, throw their sticks..it was pathetic at best.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    12 TL

^

Lol, I mean I used to whine and complain if I didn't get a toy at a young age but food, never cared much about what I ate lol. Though it's weird because when I was young, I use to eat Mcdonalds probably twice a week, stayed slim..? She probably has that disease all those fatties have.. High metabolism ftw.

I dunno growing up too I always had home cooked meals. I'd maybe get fast food every month? And that was usually with a few friends after a soccor game or hockey game and their parents as well.

it was a treat, it wasnt "hey lets have mcdonalds 4-5 times a week because im too lazy to make dinner"

guess times are just different now
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Maybe I'm easily manipulated by the media but I felt pretty bad for the poor girl when I was watching that. I guess if there's no one around to say no, some kids can lose control. She really doesn't know any better; she just knows that she likes food and her parents should've put an end to this long before.

My Ride
    an overpriced civic

Default Re: 200lb 8yr boy, step aside.....

Originally posted by Xtrema
    we have a new champ.....

400lb 7yr old girl

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b18_1172733327
    more like roll aside

Originally posted by BlackFyre

1.)Your name is RaceBread? Seriously? Like White or Whole Grain? Pumpernickel perhaps? The correct word you were looking for is Bred, as in Inbred, as in what I see in your future.

My Ride
    POS

to the parents. She was 200lb's at 5yr's old, but I guess that's not that big of a deal because she wasn't walking on her ass yet.

Originally posted by cbinteg
    They didn't put her on a strict diet until she reached 400lbs? 200lbs wasn't bad enough? wow...awesome parents.
    I've been watching this little girl for the past two years now when she was first on TV, she's been on several shows now. I really question what the parents (or rather, I've only seen the mother on air) are doing to the child. Obviously it was apparent that Jessica has had an eating problem her entire life.

Being 200 lbs at 5 years old is already insanely large and her mother had said back in an interview years ago 'What can I do? She wants her food. I think my kindness is what is killing her."

I don't think it's kindness that's killing her child, it's the parenting that's killing the child. This situation has made me ponder whether the mother has deliberately kept Jessica obese since this story has gotten a LOT of airtime. I was under the impression that 'tabloid-style' shows pay good money for interesting content. Maybe the parents/mother would prefer for Jessica to remain large.

Whether or not my speculation is correct, it's still my firm belief that the parents are not fit to be parents simply because no child should ever weigh 400 lbs.

My Ride
    91 Mr Not

There's no one factor responsible for this...

It's bombardment from advertising...

It's parents not teaching kids nutrition and not preparing adequate meals because they're overworked or overstressed...

It's the increase in convenience living where tasks we used to do that were laborious aren't done anymore...

It's not enough importance and focus imparted on kids on physical activity...

It's the steroids, pesticides, preservatives, and hormones we pump into all our foods.

It's the dominance of fast food chains in the restaurant marketplace.

When I was a kid, we had McDonalds once a week after swimming lessons - and then note even a meal - just a cheezeburger or fries.

When I was a kid, there were no "Lunchables" (What the kids see in that crap I have no idea). Lunch was a sandwich, some carrot sticks, a cookie (if lucky), and an apple. When you ate the apple, the white would turn brown almost immediately from oxidization - take a bite of an apple now and see how long it takes to turn brown. That is, if it turns brown at all...that's the effect of all the crap in it.

When I was a kid, my parents didn't stock the house with lots of candy or chips or pop...

I feel badly for this 7 yr. old girl but have to ultimately agree with just about everybody that the responsibility lies squarely on the shoulders of the parents regardless of all of these factors...

Obviously there's something wrong as well with the little girl's metabolism. However, the parents actions seem only to be contributing to it because she was only half the weight 2 years ago. That's when the doctors should have intervened - 200 lbs.
    Last edited by MrPid; 03-03-2007 at 09:57 AM.

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

HAHAHA, Fat Girl!!
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

She will always be fat. It's a good story that's lining the parent's pockets.

My Ride
    91 mitsu gto

thats one huge bitch!

Originally posted by MrPid
    There's no one factor responsible for this...

It's bombardment from advertising...

It's parents not teaching kids nutrition and not preparing adequate meals because they're overworked or overstressed...

It's the increase in convenience living where tasks we used to do that were laborious aren't done anymore...

It's not enough importance and focus imparted on kids on physical activity...

It's the steroids, pesticides, preservatives, and hormones we pump into all our foods.

It's the dominance of fast food chains in the restaurant marketplace.

When I was a kid, we had McDonalds once a week after swimming lessons - and then note even a meal - just a cheezeburger or fries.

When I was a kid, there were no "Lunchables" (What the kids see in that crap I have no idea). Lunch was a sandwich, some carrot sticks, a cookie (if lucky), and an apple. When you ate the apple, the white would turn brown almost immediately from oxidization - take a bite of an apple now and see how long it takes to turn brown. That is, if it turns brown at all...that's the effect of all the crap in it.

When I was a kid, my parents didn't stock the house with lots of candy or chips or pop...

I feel badly for this 7 yr. old girl but have to ultimately agree with just about everybody that the responsibility lies squarely on the shoulders of the parents regardless of all of these factors...

Obviously there's something wrong as well with the little girl's metabolism. However, the parents actions seem only to be contributing to it because she was only half the weight 2 years ago. That's when the doctors should have intervened - 200 lbs.
    I remember those damn apples... they stunk up the lunch room hahaha. Lunchables? Go take a look at the amount of Saturated fats in them next time youre at the store. damn..

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I dunno growing up too I always had home cooked meals. I'd maybe get fast food every month? And that was usually with a few friends after a soccor game or hockey game and their parents as well.

it was a treat, it wasnt "hey lets have mcdonalds 4-5 times a week because im too lazy to make dinner"

guess times are just different now
    Home cooked food >>>> Fast food.

It is alright once in awhile but even if I go on a 3 day trip or something and don't have a kitchen to make food, I start getting sick of fast food and eating at restaurants.

Kids nowadays need to stop being so damn lazy. Sure, as a kid I played video games and whatnot, but I also played a crapload of sports in school. I mean, its not hard at all.....and most kids are the same. Seems everyone is over-weight these days....isn't it sometehing stupid like over 50% of the people in canada are 'obese'?

My parents always had pop and chips around....I used to eat chips quite a bit and literally drank pop instead of water. So bad for me yes, I rarely drink pop now (only on weekends...mixed with alcohol lol). Milk, water, juice, and iced tea is all I have now.

400lb at the age of 6 is disgusting....I didn't eat perfect and I was like 15 when I finally broke 100 pounds lol.
    Last edited by krisopotamus; 03-07-2007 at 10:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast