Quantcast
Calgary Rugby! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Calgary Rugby!

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Default Calgary Rugby!

anyone here play rugby?

I played from grade 6-12 and a bit after highschool, loved it to death, but my job keeps me away from home, so I haven't had the time to join a men's league.

Looking to join up with a club for this season, anyone have any recommendations on the better clubs to join?

My Ride
    Pathfinder

Saints , or the irish

depending on what your background is of course , My highschool coach was one of the founders of the Saints i played till my shoulder blew out

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

yeah the saints seemed like a good bunch to join

I'm looking to play 3rd division or whatever it's called, not the first string because i'm so out of shape and practice..

what do you mean "depending on background"?

My mum is from glasgow, so that makes me a half blood scot, but I can get along with most people
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    E46M3

I think he ment experience backround. Not heritage.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

I played standoff and fullback in highschool, we had a lot of experience playing against bigger teams, did a tour of california, did a tour of ottawa and area..

never made it over to europe, our school was too poor

I just want to enjoy the social networking aspect of the game as much as the fitness aspect.. semi competitive is what i'm looking for, not hitting the gym every day to prepare for the weekend game

The Saints are a crap club nowadays. They only care about imports and they didn't even field a 2nd Div side last season.

Now where you live could play a big part, the Saints and Irish are just a few blocks away from eachother in the NE, the Canucks are in Stanley Park but somebody told me that they were looking to move out by Westside. The Rams practice at Bishop Carroll and the Saracens are up the the NW somewhere. The Hornets are at Lord Beaverbrook. Everybody except the Irish play their (home) games at the CRU.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

thanks for that, do you have any more information on the personalities of these clubs, location of practice fields isn't really that big of a concern to me.

I live downtown just off the red mile, so it's gonna be travel either way.

Well, the Irish have usually been the best when it comes to socializing, having their own clubhouse helps with that. They also frequent the Rose and Crown. They also have the best women.

The Rams are pretty good as well, they seem to get along with everybody, mostly because they've never had any reason to be cocky

Nobody really knows anything about the Saracens. Nobody likes them, nobody hates them, they're just there. I have no clue what they're like.

The Hornets have usually been pretty good at the socializing as well (they've also moved in on the Rose and Crown). They have a couple theme nights a year (at Outlaws or Roadhouse or whatever)

I don't really know about the Canucks. I know they've had a few guys go to the Irish for on-field reasons, but I don't know what their clubhouse life is like. They don't seem to be nice t newcomers from what I've heard.

As for the Saints, well, nobody knows what they do anymore. I'd be shocked if they had any sort of social life these days, their players aren't in the city long enough.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

The hornets have a great mens team from what I recall. Plus they have the nicest fields. I just started playing but I love it, it is by far the best sport.

My Ride
    Giant Reign

I play for the canucks and I just started playing rugby last year - they're really friendly to new people. Great social side, we have a few theme nights a year and had a few road trips last year which were all a blast.
    We practice at stanley park (I haven't heard about any move to westside) which is great - I live just off the red mile as well. Less than a ten minute bike ride.
    Any questions let me know.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.