Quantcast
FREE Financial Workshop. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FREE Financial Workshop.

Default FREE Financial Workshop.

Any questions please PM me.

Please take your SPAM elsewhere.

Everyone here knows that WFG is a pyramid scam.

My Ride
    V8 Toy

I guess that's who he works for, as a "independent financial broker".

you know that advertising on here requires... $$$.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by sputnik
    Please take your SPAM elsewhere.

Everyone here knows that WFG is a pyramid scam.
    First....thanks for the comment. I've heard that before. Do you even know what a pyramid scam is?

Taken from wikipedia.

A pyramid scheme (also known as "Pyramid Scam" [1]) is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, usually without any product or service being delivered. Pyramid schemes have existed for at least a century. Matrix schemes use the same fraudulent non-sustainable system as a pyramid; here, the victims pay to join a waiting list for a desirable product which only a fraction of them can ever receive.

Second...WFG does not sell any of their own products.
    Here's a few names of some of the companies we deal with, TD CanadaTrust, Franklin Templeton, AGF, ING, Equitable, and Transamerica to name just a few of the many. If we were doing something illegal do you honestly think these companies would deal with us. I think not.

Third...Pyramid Scam's are illegal in canada and since we are regulated by the government and specifically in Alberta the Alberta Insurance Council and Securities Commission.

Originally posted by boostinside

First....thanks for the comment. I've heard that before. Do you even know what a pyramid scam is?

Taken from wikipedia.

A pyramid scheme (also known as "Pyramid Scam" [1]) is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, usually without any product or service being delivered. Pyramid schemes have existed for at least a century. Matrix schemes use the same fraudulent non-sustainable system as a pyramid; here, the victims pay to join a waiting list for a desirable product which only a fraction of them can ever receive.

Second...WFG does not sell any of their own products.
    Here's a few names of some of the companies we deal with, TD CanadaTrust, Franklin Templeton, AGF, ING, Equitable, and Transamerica to name just a few of the many. If we were doing something illegal do you honestly think these companies would deal with us. I think not.

Third...Pyramid Scam's are illegal in canada and since we are regulated by the government and specifically in Alberta the Alberta Insurance Council and Securities Commission.
    Ok thanks for explaining. Now get the fuck out.

Last edited by kaput; 03-26-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Originally posted by kaput
    I didn't read it but the second one on the list is a guy from Edmonton who got ripped off. Nice.

EDIT I cant make the link work, just google it. www.ripoffreport.com is where I was trying to link.
    Nothing about WFG in that link sorry....try again.

My Ride
    V8 Toy

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by kaput
    I didn't read it but the second one on the list is a guy from Edmonton who got ripped off. Nice.

EDIT I cant make the link work, just google it. www.ripoffreport.com is where I was trying to link.
    Found it...If you are interested in working for the company yes there are some fee's associated with it to get you licensed. Aprox 1000 to get both licenses. $125 initially to get your business code. As for the LLQP it stands for Life License Qualification's Program. Which is around $275 through when taken through WFG. At Mount Royal the same course is over $800. It is something you need to pass to be able to sell insurance and be licensed with the Alberta Insurance Council. The business opportunity is not for everyone and has nothing to do with helping to educate people on Finances.

Second you look for dirt on any company and you will find it. Just like you would on any celebrity. There is always going to be someone who doesn't like it.

Here's an article from Investment Executive.
    http://www.investmentexecutive.com/c...ews=&IdPub=134
    Last edited by boostinside; 03-08-2007 at 01:14 PM.

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

I've been to a WFG seminar before and they're good at sweet talking you. If anyone is considering this, just make sure you do your homework. One of my good friends was deeply involved with them for a number of years and tried unsuccessfully to get me to join. You got a lot of balls trying to recruit downlines on Beyond, dude...I'll give you that much.

I will agree that WFG is pretty legit and isn't doing anything illegal. I just see an inherent problem with recruiting average people to become independent financial brokers. It's a lot of work and takes a lot of dedication to be good at it. Sure you can do it part time, but I wouldn't trust my money with someone who is a part-time broker. Another good friend of mine is doing their RRSPs through a part time WFG agent and can't even get a hold of the guy to make changes to their contributions. Since he's independent, he doesn't actually have an office.

It may not be a pyramid scheme, per se, but there's always red flags with organizations that put so much emphasis on recruiting new people to work under you. I think they call it 'building your network' or something to that effect.

Just my 2 cents. If your dream is to be a financial planner and have the time, money and dedication to get certified and truly want to help people better manage their finances, then maybe WFG will help you get there, Boostinside. I would just suggest you try other recruitment tactics than posting on Beyond.

My Ride
    Axis powers

are u kidding me..

World Financial Group.. might aswell slap ur self hundreds of times rather then goto a stupid meeting
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    V8 Toy

Well.. either way, no thanks to the invite.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

A quick search reveals how our members feel about your organization:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...&highlight=wfg

My Ride
    00 JeeChe

Originally posted by WWJAI

Ok thanks for explaining. Now get the fuck out.
    Hahahaa.

Will there be *itches and booze at the meeting?