Quantcast
The most fun I've had this year with my boots on.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: The most fun I've had this year with my boots on....

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Talking The most fun I've had this year with my boots on....

I just wanted to say "WOW" I had probably the most amazing day this year, as this Saturday. I lost touch with my best bud for about two years, only to re-connect, a few weeks ago, and find out he bought a 2006 R6. I made my way down to Calgary to spend the weekend with him.

He let me take it for a spin down to Turner Valley, around all the twisty roads... and up to this point I haven't driven a bike in 4 years. My last one being a shitbox 1987 Ninja 750.
    I can honestly say that is the most amazing bike I've ever even dreamed of, Its so unbelievably fast its ridiculous, I took off at a stop sign and went from 0-150kph in about 5 or 6 seconds... and thats not even taking the revs past 12k
    Everything about that R6 is just.... incredible... I have no reason to get a 1 liter bike now, the new 600's are SO fast, why even bother?
    I hit a new "land speed record" for myself.... 195kph going down a hill (and I knew there was nobody around, on a rural country road, no cops... so dont give me a lecture about how I shouldn't of sped like that )

The R6 glides and just cruises so effortless-ly... doing 150kph feels honest to God like doing 80 in a car... Its SO easy to lose your license on that bike...
    It was so frickin' exhilarating and incredible to feel the wind in my face again, it was 16 above... just the most amazing day.... cruising around on these beautiful backroads just south of Calgary..... man I couldn't believe just how badly I missed having a bike....

So I made the decision to get myself another bike... I'm soon to be the proud owner of a 1986 NS400R (V3 two stroke)
    not this exact bike, but one identical to it.
    http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...4001985-86.htm
    I can't frickin wait, were going to drive down to California together and some other places on some crazy summer road trip. Its gonna be pretty damn awesome.
    Thanks for reading, I just wanted to tell somebody, and promote those R6's, since they're unbelieveable bikes!
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 03-12-2007 at 10:52 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

that bike only gets going at 12k!

fun stuff eh''.. I wish we were having some of the weather you guys are... Can't wait to get mine back out

and 195, that only takes 10 seconds!

was that pic taken in cowtown/ is the grass that green already?

still snow banks here..
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 03-12-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Come on wuss... You aren't alive til you done two sixty five... hahahah sounds like fun dude.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta

fun stuff eh''.. I wish we were having some of the weather you guys are... Can't wait to get mine back out

and 195, that only takes 10 seconds!

was that pic taken in cowtown/ is the grass that green already?

still snow banks here..

it started snowing again tonight!!!

My Ride

that pic was from late last year. The grass is still dead. I know about the bike coming to life past 12k, thats why I eased off at that point. The 9k-12k was fast enough, once I've driven it enough I'll open it up.. but I felt the front tire about to paw at the sky several times throughout that 0-150kph attempt.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    your mom

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

that pic was from late last year. The grass is still dead. I know about the bike coming to life past 12k, thats why I eased off at that point. The 9k-12k was fast enough, once I've driven it enough I'll open it up.. but I felt the front tire about to paw at the sky several times throughout that 0-150kph attempt.
    wait till you ride a newer 1000cc

Originally posted by 8Ball

wait till you ride a newer 1000cc
    600 ( SOLD ) ..HAHA

My Ride
    gtr, 07 rr 600

wait till you ride ride a turbo-supercharged-nitrous-busa. haha jk. thats a sweet story. how do you get to these twisty roads?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nathantheman/Dave_Chappelle.jpg?t=1169741316
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nathantheman/ef_4.jpg?t=1169741811

take the number 8? (If I remember right) to bragg creek and explore from there.....

My Ride

^thats one great way, but Me and my buddy will take our bikes to a beyond meet and take off from there, since we both know of some amazing roads, and a Beyond group cruise would be pretty damn cool.
    But one great road, thats very scenic and absolutely beautiful, (which includes lots of beautiful turns and hills) was the one I did my "top speed attempt in";
    Its best to head west bound on 22X, then hang a left (southbound) on the road that heads to Millarville/Turner Valley. its pretty well labled so you shouldn't miss it, but I believe its past Spruce Meadows a few km's. You'll head straight south until you reach this major T intersection. There will be a gas station/convienience store on your right (on the west side of the T intersect) Thats your
    "marker" for the road, which is very major one, but a single lane obviously.
    If you just stay on that for a long time, it'll wrap around a number of farms, with a number of sharp turns and a nice 80% "hairpin"
    That road will eventually plop you out on to a T intersection.
    - If you were to go left (North): you'll pass the Strathcona Tweedsmere school, and the Calgary gun club... which will curve around and head east bound thus putting you on the #2 highway, just south of Heritage point.
    - If you would have hung a right (South), it'll take you past the very impressive "Bar-None" ranch, and past the most beautiful scenery I've scene close to Calgary, being just a little bit outside Okotoks. Stay on that road just a little longer and you'll be in Okotoks. Either way, you'll end up on the #2, regardless if you hang a left or right on that T intersection. Once you've done that enough times, you'll know where to turn off on that T intersection, coming from the number 2 highway I mean.
    I could have described it coming from the number 2, buts its quite hard since there is only a generic farm to use as a landmark, and its easy to get lost.
    All I ask is that people dont go screaming up and down that road the whole way, meaning: please respect the houses/ranches there. It doesn't take too many complaints for cops to monitor that place and ruin it for everybody.
    But asides from that, a person may as well print off those directions I just listed since it makes for a fantastic drive.

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

take the number 8? (If I remember right) to bragg creek and explore from there.....
    what bout old banff trail ? u ever go there

My Ride
    S13 & Suzuki

Sweet NSR! did you import it or get it from someone here? post it up in that other thread you started about importing a bike I still never heard from anyone about how to actually do this.
    and you gotta let me ride it when it gets here! j/k
    ...... but seriously you should let me take it for a spin haha

Originally posted by marko polo

what bout old banff trail ? u ever go there
    If your talking about the Old Banff Coach Road, isn't that just where speed freaks go to go really fast, as I remember there isn't any nice twists of anything in that one (as far as close to calgary) don't quote me on that, I haven't been on that in years.

My Ride

Originally posted by ricefarmer
    Sweet NSR! did you import it or get it from someone here? post it up in that other thread you started about importing a bike I still never heard from anyone about how to actually do this.
    and you gotta let me ride it when it gets here! j/k
    ...... but seriously you should let me take it for a spin haha
    NS(400)R thanks, yeah even though its 20 years older then my buddies bike, it should be able to keep up with a few mods (mainly better pipes) It'll be idiotically fast, and a lot of fun.

Actually, I went through www.isibike.com and they did a LOT of the work, I just had to register it. They have quite a selection of uber-rare bikes such as RG400/500's and NSR250's (ETC) Definately worth checking out. Its best to become an auction member since thats how I bought this thing.

My Ride

Originally posted by Spoons

If your talking about the Old Banff Coach Road, isn't that just where speed freaks go to go really fast, as I remember there isn't any nice twists of anything in that one (as far as close to calgary) don't quote me on that, I haven't been on that in years.
    I forget the name of a few roads around that vicinity, but there are some phenominal roads around there. That number 8 highway is pretty damn amazing for sure, I can't wait!

Hrmm.. the number 8 is just the one that leaves signal hill and goes towards bragg... Its just a way to get out there, I don't think its any good riding? from there its the 762 and roads around that area to have some fun on (I think another is the 66?).. I used to do old banff coach road (obcr)a bit, its not very long but its got some nice tight turns (posted 30km/h) and was fun for a rip up and down, as I lived half close.. However they can be tricky turns, as some are decreasing radius, and tighten up on you once your into them, so this throws people off, and more then enough people have crashed/died out there.. Its also a known spot, so cops are out there now and then..