My Ride
    2009 Forester

Default Hardline Muslim clerics urge tax cheating

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...66-662,00.html

yay.

Hardline Muslim clerics urge tax cheating

By Richard Kerbaj

March 13, 2007 02:00am

HARDLINE Muslim clerics are encouraging their followers to cheat the tax system because they consider paying income tax contrary to Islamic law.

Muslim leaders have warned that fundamentalist imams who put sharia law ahead of Australian law are also condoning welfare fraud and the cash economy as tax-evasion methods.

Sydney-based Islamic leader Fadi Rahman told The Australian that the extremist clerics who were preaching messages against paying income taxes were also staunchly opposed to Western ideologies, including the Australian way of life.

He said he had heard hardline clerics at Friday sermons in Sydney highlight the importance of cheating the tax system.

"I mean, just like how you've got clerics (with) extreme views who are telling the Muslims in the Western world to declare war against the very country that they live in and the very country that is paying for their day-to-day life, you'll find that these are the clerics who are telling them to dodge the tax system," said Mr Rahman, a youth leader and the president of the Independent Centre for Research Australia.

"Tax, itself, is not allowed in Islam. So they (clerics) encourage them that if there's any way that you can dodge paying the tax, then you should do it."

It is understood that the clerics pushing for tax evasion espoused a fundamentalist form of Islam called Wahabbism.

While sharia law does not require Muslims to pay taxes, it does require them to pay zakat (alms) towards charitable causes.

Prominent Islamic cleric Khalil Shami, who said he had heard of imams encouraging tax evasion but had no direct knowledge of it happening, warned spiritual leaders to abide by Australian laws, saying tax evasion was a form of "theft" that would serve only to undermine the government help given to the Muslim and mainstream communities.

"They have to give the right advice to the people because we come to this country and we have to follow the law of this country," said the imam of Penshurst mosque, in Sydney's southwest.

"Everything that the Government do, we have to support it, we have to stand behind it ... to help the land and to help the law of the land."

The fundamentalist Ahlus Sunnah Wal-Jamaah Association, which is headed by Australia's most radical cleric, Mohammed Omran, hit back at suggestions that its imams - including Abdul Salam Mohammed Zoud, who heads the group's Sydney branch - were among those calling on their flock to cheat on their taxes.

"Of course we pay taxes and we go as far as to collecting money from our Muslim communities and donating it to organisations (such as the Royal Children's Hospital) to help," said the Wahabbi organisation's spokesman, Abu Yusuf. He said the authorities should deal with tax cheats "as they would with anyone else breaking the law".

Muslim community leader Keysar Trad, who worked at the tax office for 14 years, said he believed some Islamic fringe groups would include "cheating on taxes" as part of their teachings. "We know that some fringe groups within the community have some aberrant teachings," the president of the Islamic Friendship Association said.

"If one of those fringe groups was giving a message that did not serve society as a whole such as cheating on taxes, I would not be surprised."

Mr Trad said he was often told by "conservative" clerics to quit his former job at the tax office because they considered it contrary to sharia law.

Mr Rahman, who helps young Muslims turn away from radical Islam and steer clear of criminal activities, said hardline Muslim clerics were not fazed that their followers were "double-dipping" by working cash-in-hand to avoid paying tax and collecting social security benefits on the side. "While we work hard to pay our taxes, it's not fair on the rest of us," he said.
    Tim

I'm not surprised... they are great at showing how horribly awful that religion can be interpreted.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

were preaching messages against paying income taxes were also staunchly opposed to Western ideologies, including the Australian way of life.
    then why do they live there, if they dont like the Australian way of life.

GO HOME THEN!

edited: had another idea,

Use work as an analogy, imagine you own a company hire a new guy and a few of his friends. As per there religion they don't like some of the things you do (non offensive, just like not working overtime, or not allowing you to pray and chant in your cubical) so instead of finding a job that works for your or adapting your life (im sure alah will understand, he is a god and all) they decide to make it a huge deal, try to buy the company from you, go to human affairs Canada and file a complaint. OH WAIT ITS NOT AN ANALOGY, THIS SHIT HAPPENS (Maybe not the buy out part)

Same shit different Pile
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 03-13-2007 at 10:27 AM.
    Cos...

My Ride
    S/C 03 eclipse, 00 accord, 96 shadow, 06 TJ Sport

^ I totally agree, if you dont like it here or there then go back to your country. We sould not have to adapt to their way of life they NEED to adapt to ours and stop looking for easy ways out or GO HOME.

Originally posted by 3g4me
    ^ I totally agree, if you dont like it here or there then go back to your country. We sould not have to adapt to their way of life they NEED to adapt to ours and stop looking for easy ways out or GO HOME.
    omg fascist!! (or whatever) lol. I agree with that.

wtf leave the country if u dunt like it....

free roads is part of their religion? free health care??

ass holes

Originally posted by fiveabi

ass holes
    It's much easier to stay and bitch!

There's nothing free about that religion.

Originally posted by brendankharris

edited: had another idea,

Use work as an analogy, imagine you own a company hire a new guy and a few of his friends. As per there religion they don't like some of the things you do (non offensive, just like not working overtime, or not allowing you to pray and chant in your cubical) so instead of finding a job that works for your or adapting your life (im sure alah will understand, he is a god and all) they decide to make it a huge deal, try to buy the company from you, go to human affairs Canada and file a complaint. OH WAIT ITS NOT AN ANALOGY, THIS SHIT HAPPENS (Maybe not the buy out part)

Same shit different Pile

can you give me a solid example of this?

i thought the australian muslims had issued a gag order against those clerics???

either way, islam teaches to respect the laws of the land ur living on. Those morons are clearly breaking the rules of the same religion they're preaching.

My Ride
    Honda

Who cares?

I encourage tax evasion too

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by fiveabi

ass holes

Originally posted by l8braker

Yeah ok, you guys only hear the extermist side of things, i encourage you to come to an mosque in calgary and u wont hear any of that bs

Originally posted by monymoe
    i thought the australian muslims had issued a gag order against those clerics???

either way, islam teaches to respect the laws of the land ur living on. Those morons are clearly breaking the rules of the same religion they're preaching.

Originally posted by ninjak84
    Who cares?

My Ride
    SoupRYou

wow these are the clerics most of these guys are evil

my mom was telling me there was a rule passed in pakistan that had a verse from the quran and needed a cleric approvel instead he threw it on the ground and stomped on it so can these assholes be trusted im saying no

and if they cheat the tax system have fun in jail
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

As much as this kind of thing annoys me, it does make me think about way back when christian missionaries were traveling the "known" world, probably not much different.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ninjak84
    Who cares?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-31-2020 at 03:02 AM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

not just muslims, but any religion or rights movement group. give an inch, they take a mile.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by 3G

Yeah ok, you guys only hear the extermist side of things, i encourage you to come to an mosque in calgary and u wont hear any of that bs

Yo maing, i'm not saying any thing about a religion.....but only those ppl who say dumb shit like that

Originally posted by l8braker

i dont thnk it's really fair for u to label a whole religion on what a few ppl do to save money, do all muslims do this? or just that 0.0001% in the world, some small group in Australia?
    Is it fair to say all white ppl are KKK? No, because that's simply not true, and to base a generalization of a whole race/nation/faith on the acts of a few is just plain ignorant, i thought everyone had that concept down by like, grade 2...

in grade 2 you learn that one can wreck it for the bunch tho