Quantcast
Summer job Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Summer job Thread

My Ride
    G37X Coupe

Default Summer job Thread

Hey guys,
    The winter term is coming to an end pretty quick and I'm looking for some full time work after exams. I have a couple of buddies also looking for work. So any beyonders that need help during the summer months, feel free to post. All basic or entry level positions are mostly wanted. Please provide the specifics of the job, such as the requirements and whether training is needed.

Anybody else can talk about their past summer jobs, good experiences only please.
    Thanks,
    Blaine

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

My old landcaping boss is looking for people. If you want his number PM me.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

For the past two summers I've worked at ULS Maintenance and Landscaping in the lawncare/fertilizing department. It is a SUPERB company to work for, they really do look after you and make sure that you know what is expected of you, will listen to your concerns. I worked under Paul Atkinson (manager) and David Smith (supervisor) and really enjoyed the job.

I know that their application season starts in May, pay when I started was $11/hr so I would expect starting pay this year to be $12 or $13/hr (seems to be the average across the board for labor jobs).

The job: you drive a fert truck around the city, doing both commercial and residential lawns. You do push-spreader fertlizing and backpack weed control for a couple of months, and back-of-truck-megatank liquid combi spraying the other months. You start at 7 am and usually are off ~3:30-4. On average, you can expect anywhere from 1 site (massive park sized area) to 25-30 sites (small residential) per day. You're on your own most of the time, but the trucks are connected to home base by radio, and on the massive sites like Springbank Hill Park, you'll most likely be paired with the other spray applicators or even get to use the spraying quads (fun things ).

I dunno if they need more sprayers.

There is also the lawn care department, which is your basic lawn mowing/raking/trimming service. ULS is the best company in Calgary in such services and is very well respected and well known. The equipment is well maintained (most of the time) and you do get decent workloads, but nothing that will run you into the ground. The lawn care guys start at 6 am and depending on load, are done by 3 or 4, sometimes 5 if there is a lot of distance between sites.

For both jobs, no experience is neccessary and all training is provided by the company (it's not really even that hard... "pull this string to start the pump, pull this trigger to spray, walk like such, have fun")

Give em a call and ask for Paul Atkinson (sprayer/fertilizer department) or Mike Duffey (Lawn Care) and see where it goes from there.

Phone: 235-5353

Honestly, I would go back for a third summer, but I have a job right now that may lead to a career, so I know that my spot for the summer would be open
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 03-24-2007 at 01:30 AM.
    Geek

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Im working for a company called Lorraine Landscaping, working in their irrigation department (AFAIK, I AM their irrigation department ) Its a commercial landscaping company, and I know very little about them, but they offered a great wage ($16/hr) and a tonne of hours. PM me if you want their contact info, they're hiring labourers. Im VERY excitied not to go back to my previous summer job. I loved the job, hated the company.

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    '02 Maxima SE / '08 F-350 SD 4x4

Check out my hiring threads for Green Drop. I really enjoyed working my summers while in school at Green Drop, so much so that I now work here fulltime after graduating.

get your own truck, listen to your own music, work hard and be treated great.

My Ride
    '09 STi

I am looking for a tech or IT position.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

anyone have anything thats not landscaping? i would like a summer job indoors!!

^^ coffee shop?

My Ride
    '02 Maxima SE / '08 F-350 SD 4x4

Originally posted by ercchry
    anyone have anything thats not landscaping? i would like a summer job indoors!!

here's your McUniform.

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Indoors, go to Telus downtown. I work there PT, min 15.75 an hour i think

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by ronaldo
    ^^ coffee shop?
    no thanks, im not gay

Originally posted by freshprince

here's your McUniform.
    wtf? im not a 15 year old grade schooler looking for a part time job. im in uni looking for something full time

Originally posted by ScottysZ
    Indoors, go to Telus downtown. I work there PT, min 15.75 an hour i think
    this isnt working the phone is it?

Many places are hiring right now for the summer if your just looking for anything:

Star Choice Communications
    RONA Home Centre
    Puralator
    Airport Terminal Services
    All golf courses for maintenance staff

...and all these jobs can go from $11+/hr

Me personally, i've been looking for anything that deals with an office environment and i've applied at many places but haven't received any luck, so if someone has ideas, give me a heads up. Thanks.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I'm looking for a shipping/receiving job this summer, as always. I've been doing it for years and have tons of experience, and I also happen to be a licensed forklift ninja.

Anyone know of a place that's looking?

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    I'm looking for a shipping/receiving job this summer, as always. I've been doing it for years and have tons of experience, and I also happen to be a licensed forklift ninja.

... bassanno plant?

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

FCL is always hiring, starting wage is $13.XX/h

i'm working as a forklift operator for that company.

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Originally posted by ercchry

this isnt working the phone is it?
    I dont know what you mean by working the phone, its not telemarketing or anything. You are on the phone sometimes but the only people you talk to are the repair techs. Its pretty fuckin easy.

My Ride
    FB6

I dont know what you mean by working the phone, its not telemarketing or anything. You are on the phone sometimes but the only people you talk to are the repair techs. Its pretty fuckin easy.

i'm really interested in this, got any more info? and where to apply? please post it here or pm me. Thanks alot!!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by realazy

i'm really interested in this, got any more info? and where to apply? please post it here or pm me. Thanks alot!!
    X2 yeah as long as its not tech suport or something like that, office job ftw!!

My Ride
    G37X Coupe

hey ScottysZ
    can i get some info as well?
    thanks,
    blaine

My Ride
    stock 240sx fastback

im really interested in this job .. . pm me or post here the details about this job ....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast