Quantcast
Official AP1/AP2 Thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Official AP1/AP2 Thread

My Ride
    '02 AP1, '06 IS250, '10 RX350

Nick that looks ridiculous. Glad you didn't part out!

I can't wait to get mine started...too bad moving out isn't cheap and now is setting back my modding expenses.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by _wrx_
    finally had the modivation to do the clears. how does it look?

wow big improvement, looks so much better and yes you need the sidemarker hahaha come by if you need some i got lots in stock

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

spoon bumper is pimpin!!!

My Ride
    01 AP1

So my AP1 had a big drink of water on the weekend......on sunday driving our of hamptons during the downpoor i come to the intersection and aproached by a harmless looking puddle that streched the span of the road. other cars are driving through it no problem so i thought i'd go for it i was worried that i was going to suck up water i don't know why i drove onward.....i hit the puddle going roughly 7km/h so far so good and then the car just stopped. it didn't jerk or anything i was going slow enough that i'm pretty sure i didn't hurt the internals however i get the car towed to my house but since i'v moved all my tool s are in another province. i made due with what i had and removed the spark plugs and began cranking the motor via the crank pully to pump the water out of the cylinders there wasn't to much in the cylinders....when i hit the water the heat from my starter mixed with the lower temp of the water seized it up so as of this morning the car has been towed to honda.....i need a compression test done leakdown test done and the starter to be fixed and or replaced to determine if i have done any real damage i have filled a complaint with the city of calgary for the poor drainage on that particular street and from the sounds of it they may be helping with the bill for the repairs/towing if there are any needed......(i hope not).........any way here is some advice to anyone driving in the rain. I know this may sound like common sense but try to avoide driving through lakes at all costs !!!!!!!!!!!!

-Dallen

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

ouch!!!!!!!!
    sorry to hear!

Hey guys question for all you who track your S2K. For track use, besides tires, and suspension, what mod would you guys recommend next? I am upgrading to the newer AP2 rims which are wider and bigger (and look best IMO), and some nice tires (which I will look into), but what's next?

Thx.

PS. DALLEN, sorry to hear man, that is really low speeds to be sucking up water into your engine, how deep was the puddle and do you have an intake? Hopefully you will get by with no costs or major damage!
    #1: don't ever question me.

Sorry to hear about your car... That puddle is HUGE!!! A couple weeks back when we got all that rain, I remember seeing that. Good thing I was in an SUV. My car would have been fucked... Glad to hear that the city is willing to pay for some of the costs.

question for you s2k owners. if a s2k is out of warranty but they have service bulletins (TSB) such as clutch buzzing will honda fix it under goodwill?

Originally posted by vietdood
    question for you s2k owners. if a s2k is out of warranty but they have service bulletins (TSB) such as clutch buzzing will honda fix it under goodwill?
    I don't think TSB's were ever covered under warranty.
    But anyways, to answer your question: absolutely not.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Honda will not cover any TSB, factory recalls they will fix such as faded taillamps and such.

My Ride
    01 AP1

well according to the dealership i require a new F20c. they quoted me $8600.00 for the repair i'v already filed a claim with the city and my mom's layer is also going to be involved. i hope the city either covers the cost or helps with the cost

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by DALLEN
    well according to the dealership i require a new F20c. they quoted me $8600.00 for the repair i'v already filed a claim with the city and my mom's layer is also going to be involved. i hope the city either covers the cost or helps with the cost
    I don't understand how it is the city's fault for making it rain?

good luck bro, that's terrible news. Maybe look at getting the work done outside of the dealership which jack up the price by %100

My Ride
    01 AP1

Originally posted by brandon

I don't understand how it is the city's fault for making it rain?
    its no the city's fault for the rain, however it is the city's fault that there roads were not properly equiped with proper draining sytems the handle the rain!

-Dallen

My Ride
    01 AP1

Originally posted by BigMass

good luck bro, that's terrible news. Maybe look at getting the work done outside of the dealership which jack up the price by %100
    thats the plan i want to see what the city says after the investigation before i do so

-Dallen

Oh man that sucks! For freaking 8500 bucks you should look on s2ki.com, some guy is selling a full race engine for like 9 grand or something like that, good reason for an upgrade...
    Hope everything works out for you.

Originally posted by arian_ma
    Hey guys question for all you who track your S2K. For track use, besides tires, and suspension, what mod would you guys recommend next? I am upgrading to the newer AP2 rims which are wider and bigger (and look best IMO), and some nice tires (which I will look into), but what's next?

Thx.

PS. DALLEN, sorry to hear man, that is really low speeds to be sucking up water into your engine, how deep was the puddle and do you have an intake? Hopefully you will get by with no costs or major damage!
    The biggest difference you'll find by FAR is a good set of sticky tires. Also brake pads and a good high temp fluid will be nice. A good high end suspension setup can improve your lap times as well.

Also, believe it or not, a big stupid looking wing is also a good as well if you can stand the ricer look. Functional at eliminating lift for long sweepers, unfortunately race city has very few of those.

Weight savings is nice as well. Single outlet exhaust alone can save 40lbs or so. The engine is already perfection. I wouldn’t mess with that personally.

Biggest thing is spend money on track days. Nothing beats experience.

PS. remember that it's an S2000, you don't really need to mess with it much. The car is amazingly tuned stock for the track.
    Last edited by BigMass; 05-23-2007 at 01:56 PM.

Originally posted by arian_ma

Oh man that sucks! For freaking 8500 bucks you should look on s2ki.com, some guy is selling a full race engine for like 9 grand or something like that, good reason for an upgrade...
    Hope everything works out for you.
    remember though that an engine is about 1/2 of the total price. Labor for an engine swap is huge.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Sorry to hear Dallen, call me if you need a quote on a swap, we just got one done on another guys AP who blew his motor

My Ride
    01 AP1

Originally posted by shadowz

Sorry to hear Dallen, call me if you need a quote on a swap, we just got one done on another guys AP who blew his motor
    PM'D

-Dallen

Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast