Quantcast
Violin stores - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Violin stores

Default Violin stores

does anyone know a place where i could find violins or a store for instruments?

i was listening to a song, and thought i'd like to give violin a chance/shot.

http://bigdognick.imeem.com/music/1OWtWVLr/over_over/

great song and site!
    it's not cuz of that one song... i've always admired the violin/cello.
    lol

but i've always liked classical music. just that my parents have frowned upon it, so i'm wondering if anyone knows a good store, or a place that i could talk to a potential instructor.

there is a Violin maker on 16" Ave and center... store has been around for a long long time.

Careful getting into violin though because it's not cheap. Make sure you've got the money if you're gonna pick up a decent instrument - even to start on. It's not like guitar.. you can't just pick it up in a few months on your own.

The shop on 16th and center is quite shabby and old, but the instruments that arethere are quite good

There is another shop in deerfoot meadows: Vickie Hills' strings located right beside irene besse keyboards. Take a look there... compare prices. But don't buy without first getting a teacher - they'll make sure you don't get ripped off and they may even get you a better deal.

As for lessons, try the mount royal college conservatory. just head in and ask around. But hope money's not an issue for you. IMHO Don't go to places like music makers b/c the people they employ (hope i don't offend anyone on beyond ) don't have any qualifications. If you' dont' care and just want to get started ... why not i guess!

kudos for picking up violin, it doesn't really impress the ladies much

Originally posted by suen17
    Careful getting into violin though because it's not cheap. Make sure you've got the money if you're gonna pick up a decent instrument - even to start on. It's not like guitar.. you can't just pick it up in a few months on your own.

The shop on 16th and center is quite shabby and old, but the instruments that arethere are quite good

There is another shop in deerfoot meadows: Vickie Hills' strings located right beside irene besse keyboards. Take a look there... compare prices. But don't buy without first getting a teacher - they'll make sure you don't get ripped off and they may even get you a better deal.

As for lessons, try the mount royal college conservatory. just head in and ask around. But hope money's not an issue for you. IMHO Don't go to places like music makers b/c the people they employ (hope i don't offend anyone on beyond ) don't have any qualifications. If you' dont' care and just want to get started ... why not i guess!

kudos for picking up violin, it doesn't really impress the ladies much

lol, of course it does. I like the intelligent and hot ones, and i don't need to tell them if i don't want to. it's a personal thing, i love classical music.

thanks for the input though