Quantcast
my friend says his gana do all motor and he will use an intercooler.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: my friend says his gana do all motor and he will use an intercooler....

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

Default my friend says his gana do all motor and he will use an intercooler....

so im arguing with my friend here. he says if he puts an intercooler on an allmotor car (no turbo) it will imporve performance.. my argument is that how could u cool down air that is already ambient .. i mean what is the point of running from the intake to the intercooler if the air in and out is the same temperature.. he keeps insisting its better performance and he gets that info from a guy who runs 10 sec civic.
    is he full of $hit or what? im tryin to explain to him right now... hopefully he will understand. but someone else needs to set him straight cause he wont believe just me.

max
    240 ka-t

intercoolers are strictly for turbos, my cousin has a performance rad tho; and it helps big time

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

good. need more.. then ill link him to this and him and his 10 second all motor civic guy with an intercooler will get owned.

on the side note though, what does performance rad help? like a lighter then stock rad that works better to keep engine temp down?

max
    240 ka-t

same deal as an aftermarket air intake, lets more air in at once, cools engine better, plus they come in a nice shiny chrome (well my cousin's is at least)

Originally posted by Wildcat
    intercoolers are strictly for turbos
    Superchargers can use an intercooler as well.

Default Re: my friend says his gana do all motor and he will use an intercooler....

Originally posted by Lt. Max
    so im arguing with my friend here. he says if he puts an intercooler on an allmotor car (no turbo) it will imporve performance.. my argument is that how could u cool down air that is already ambient .. i mean what is the point of running from the intake to the intercooler if the air in and out is the same temperature.. he keeps insisting its better performance and he gets that info from a guy who runs 10 sec civic.
    is he full of $hit or what? im tryin to explain to him right now... hopefully he will understand. but someone else needs to set him straight cause he wont believe just me.

max
    I think his buddy with the 10 sec civic is messing with his head, I bet he's at home right now laughing his ass off at him.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

If you have an intercooler between the intake and the throttle body, it would actually slow you down more since the air is more restrictive, and your "cooling" the air to the same temperature. Not really a point to doing that.

isnt supercharger "aftercooler"?

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

Originally posted by redx2nv
    isnt supercharger "aftercooler"?
    no... supercharger is similar to a turbo but instead of running of exhaust gases it runs off of your belts.. therefore taking some power from your car but it will make more in return by compressing air like a turbo.. the advantage of it is that it is always on.. unlike a turbo which has to spool up.. but it doesnt make as much pwr as a turbo and is not as fun either

max
    240 ka-t

My Ride
    04 STi

no... supercharger is similar to a turbo but instead of running of exhaust gases it runs off of your belts.. therefore taking some power from your car but it will make more in return by compressing air like a turbo.. the advantage of it is that it is always on.. unlike a turbo which has to spool up.. but it doesnt make as much pwr as a turbo and is not as fun either

max
    Very good, but its aftercooled when its s-chrged. Maybe your accents different than my car.

My Ride
    1989 Ford Mustang

Does he even know what all-motor means?
    Last edited by STI-Guy; 06-01-2003 at 10:57 PM.
    -Rob, Wannabe Director
    1987 Ford Mustang 2.3L Turbo

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by STI-Guy
    Does he even know what all-motor mean?
    hahaha BTW, how the hell is this bum running 10s with an all motor civic? Im not saying its not possible, but id like to know how...

Originally posted by STI-Guy
    Does he even know what all-motor means?
    , the title of this thread doesnt make too much sense

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

actually the title does make sense.. just read it and interpret it as what it says...
    ill give him this thread now today at school to read.. his friend with his 10 second civic is polluting his mind i think.

ok ill ask him more specs about the 10 sec civic too

max
    240 ka-t

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

Originally posted by Doodle

Very good, but its aftercooled when its s-chrged. Maybe your accents different than my car.

so ... what is an aftercooler then?
    240 ka-t

max
    i know how a turbo and a supercharger works but that is the most inccorect statement i have ever heard about turbo vs supercharger battle-each has their advantages and disadvantages but its mainly p to the owner to choose what they want, but im not going to get into that because it will become a huge bitch fest...

All i asked if the "intercooler" was called an "aftercooler" for supercharger applications, so far the concensus says yes...