Quantcast
Should Provinces separate? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Should Provinces separate?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 39.34%
  • No

36 59.02%
  • Undecided

1 1.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should Provinces separate?

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

yes

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by A790
    Toma I usually view your posts and keep a mind that's open and willing to listen to both sides of an argument.

However, Alberta seperating from Canada would be stupid. I know that deep down inside you'll realize that eventually Alberta's economy will stabalize into a sustainable pattern and that a grand total of *maybe* 10 million people is NOT enough to run an economy that can handle western half of canada.

What does Alberta + BC + Sask have for an economy? Oil... maybe a small tech sector in Vancouver, lumber... and, oh yes, farming.

I get as a frustrated as any Albertan (having been born and raised there) but the last year that I've spent in Ontario has really opened my eyes a bit.

1) The ontario populace doesn't really have a clue what's going on out west. It's not because they've chosen to be ignorant but rather the fact that the government KEEPS them ignorant.

2) There is a LOT of money in Ontario. Holy god it's rediculous... Alberta's going to be hot for the next 20 years absolutely, but there is so much money constantly flowing in and out of Ontario. Always has been, and always will be.

At the end of the day if you have an issue with how this country is run you need to approach the government with it and hold them accountable. If the western provinces seperate all they're asking to do is crash and burn, period.
    Toma hasn't posted yet or am I blind?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Aleks

It's the post whore effect?

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Originally posted by 89coupe

Western Provinces only!!! It took more then just our votes to get a majority government, that still sucks the Eastern provinces cocks.
    Thats what I meant, In order to get more votes, the Reform party had to combine and form the canadain alliance and still couldn't sell the party in Liberal infested Ontario/Quebec. Which is why they combined again to form the new PC party, who may be pretending to listen now but in reality we are back to square one again. It's sad to say but whoever can win in Quebec and Ontario (if possible) easily rules all of canada... But who really can bridge the gap to those frenchies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

Originally posted by Aleks

My Ride
    '11 FB25

I said no.

Like many of you I am sick of Quebecs whining! I agree with RichardChan2002. If they chose to separate I do not think Canada should have to support them. If you want full independence then you have to deal with the consequences. They will have to develop their own currency/social services/government/trade/industry....so on and so forth.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

So for those that support us staying together, do you think its fair that the government has fucked the biggest money producer in the West over?

Do you think its fair that hundreds of thousands of people who invested heavily into our bread and butter are being fucked in the ass?

Do you enjoy liars running our Country?

Do you support the idea that no matter what we do under our current government the West will never have a fair vote?

Do any of you know just how large Albertas Oil & Gas Reserves are, or how long they will last?

The West is HUGE in resources.

Oil & Gas
    Uranium
    Agriculture
    Hydro
    Forestry

We are the Juggernaut of the natural resources for the World.

How do you suggest we overturn our current government?

My Ride

She wishes it was deep.

My Ride

Surround the House of Commons with our Hondas!
    She wishes it was deep.

My Ride
    pedals

i missed the part where we were fucking in the ass more than ontario? i understand quebec receives more than their share. its pretty hard to argue against it. they are very politically astute and have taken advantage of their size. a lot of people are pissed about the decisions made for ontario.

>>>we have to realize that ontario makes up the majority of the country. Ontario alone, is bigger than
    bc, alberta, saskatchewan, manitoba, yukon, nwt, nunavut, new brunswick, nova scotia, pei, newfounland/labrador COMBINED>>> so that one province is bigger than alllll the other provinces combined (except quebec). This is why decisions tend to effect ontario, they are, in a sense, canada (or at least that is how they feel about themselves)

I understand that 'western alienation' exists. there is no doubt. but its not ontario's fault. they dont alienate us on purpose, in general they dont even think about us. it is up to our leaders to get us noticed, which they have not been able to do. (ralph sure did get himself noticed, but not the issues out here). we need our leaders to make ottawa aware of our needs, desires, concerns, etc.

finally, though i dont want to go into it too much, it is impractical and would be devastating to everyone, if anyone, were to leave canada. imagine a that all foreign currency entering the country stops. that would happen if there was a breakup. nobody invests in places that have unknown futures (aka - africa's problem)
    Last edited by hjr; 03-20-2007 at 12:33 PM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

So for those that support us staying together, do you think its fair that the government has fucked the biggest money producer in the West over?
    It has always been that way, until you can change the whole system of government, it will always be that way.

its fair that hundreds of thousands of people who invested heavily into our bread and butter are being fucked in the ass?
    I dont know about fucked in the ass, we are doing pretty well in the west and in Alberta

are there in other kind in this country or world?

Do you support the idea that no matter what we do under our current government the West will never have a fair vote?
    No but until the west is bigger this is the way it will be

Do any of you know just how large Albertas Oil & Gas Reserves are, or how long they will last?
    Yeap and not large enough and not long enough

The West is HUGE in resources.

Oil & Gas
    Uranium
    Agriculture
    Hydro
    Forestry
    yeap but we dont manufactor shit, and that is where the real money is....

We are the Juggernaut of the natural resources for the World.
    all i can think of is "I am the juggernaut BITCH!"

you suggest we overturn our current government?
    Call the US and have them invade....
    Last edited by redline; 03-20-2007 at 12:44 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I also pay more income tax here than US or Asia. So what if that's the price to pay.

Do you think its fair that hundreds of thousands of people who invested heavily into our bread and butter are being fucked in the ass?
    If you're talking about representation, Harper is working on to level the playing field. It'll take time. And he'll have to stay in power to push it through.

Last I check, only liars are capable to run countries.

No for short term. But if and when PC get a majority.

If lucky, it'll be another 50 years or so on fossil fuel.

Unfortunately, we have an appointed senate. Numbers of MPs is tie to population density alone and no representation on economy.

Overturning a government is the last thing you want to do unless you want to turn Canada into a 3rd world country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2