Quantcast
Should Provinces separate? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Should Provinces separate?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 39.34%
  • No

36 59.02%
  • Undecided

1 1.64%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should Provinces separate?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Question Should Provinces separate?

I'm sick of our Canadian Government and its Eastern influence. Who thinks we should give the Ontario Government the big FUCK YOU!

Have a vote on what provinces want to band together and form a new Country and who would like to stick with the blood sucking leaches we call our government.

I voted no. Proud to be CANADIAN first, and Albertan second. The only Province I would be happy to see leave our great Country is Quebec. Fuck them.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by l8braker
    I voted no. Proud to be CANADIAN first, and Albertan second. The only Province I would be happy to see leave our great Country is Quebec. Fuck them.
    What are you proud about? What does Canada represent to you?

Originally posted by l8braker

But you are Canadian.

Originally posted by QuasarCav

But you are Canadian.
    What?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Nope, and if you have a problem with the way the west is being treated, go bitch to Ed Stelmach, Gordon "get out of my way I'm drunken driving" Campbell, Lorne Calvert, and Gary Doer.

It's THEIR job to represent the western half of Canada, and if we aren't being treated as we should be, they aren't doing their jobs properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Nope, and if you have a problem with the way the west is being treated, go bitch to Ed Stelmach, Gordon "get out of my way I'm drunken driving" Campbell, Lorne Calvert, and Gary Doer.

It's THEIR job to represent the western half of Canada, and if we aren't being treated as we should be, they aren't doing their jobs properly.
    Fuck that,

if every single person in the western provinces voted all the same, we still wouldn't have a majority.

Ontario has us by the balls and we bend over like bitches and take it up the ass.

Total bullshit!

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Originally posted by 89coupe

Fuck that,
    if every single person in the western provinces voted all the same, we still wouldn't have a majority.
    They do, it's now called the Progressive Conservative party, before it was, Canadian Alliance, and before that it was RefOOOOOOOOOOOOrm party Love that one. If I remember correctly there hasn't been a Federal Liberal MP elected in Alberta since the late 60's. (could be wrong)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by DonJuan

They do, it's now called the Progressive Conservative party, before it was, Canadian Alliance, and before that it was RefOOOOOOOOOOOOrm party Love that one. If I remember correctly there hasn't been a Federal Liberal MP elected in Alberta since the late 60's. (could be wrong)
    Western Provinces only!!! It took more then just our votes to get a majority government, that still sucks the Eastern provinces cocks.

You are missing the point, the problem is everything works in favor for the Eastern Provinces and the Western Provinces, mainly Alberta get the fucking shaft.

Do you like giving your money away???

Last edited by kaput; 03-26-2019 at 08:08 PM.

My Ride
    09 GMC Sierra SLT

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Start with fixing this provinces leadership first before blaming the Feds
    Cos...

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Should Provinces seperate?
    Good idea haha. You should run for office! Anyway of course I voted No!

Dont think this would work. I agree with Tik Tok thats its up to our government to repersent us and make sure that this shit doesent happen. It sounds like your pretty unhappy, so why dont you do something about it.

If provinces seperated there are so many different things that could happen both good and bad. Good=Everything could work out great and everyone would be happy. This option is great but very unlikely.

On the other hand If the west seperates first of all it will be impossible to get the vote and well it most likely will hurt our economy by cutting ties and business between us and other provinces or canada(trade agreements, and all that other import/export shit that goes on b/w countries). Next who says BC would want to seperate? If they didnt where does that leave them...part of canada but seperated out by the west?

Also Quebec will soon follow suit and that will hurt canadas economy even more. All the trade and business will again hurt business in Quebec, and leave atlantic canada (definitly wouldent want to seperate) out from the rest of their country.

So many things to consider with so many scenarios but overall I think it wouldent be a good idea at all. For the people who voted Yes care to chyme in why.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bluetek
    Also Quebec will soon follow suit and that will hurt canadas economy even more. All the trade and business will again hurt business in Quebec, and leave atlantic canada (definitly wouldent want to seperate) out from the rest of their country.
    Are you kidding? $0.30 out of every dollar of new spending is in Quebec. Our economy would be a hell of a lot better with Quebec out of the picture.

To me, seperation should imply economic independence, although it doesn't seem like that's how politicians think. Remember the referrendum back in 1993? Quebec still expected Canada to support them financially even after they seperated.

My Ride
    Bicycle

We can do without Quebec. But the rest should remain in Canada.

Politics usually means buying people off.

Base on this budget, everybody got their money. People get their tax breaks. Environmental stuff is slightly addressed so the oil patch isn't screaming foul. So I think it's a win-win for all.

And the only reason NDP and Liberal saying no is that because Bloc is saying yes and they know for sure there won't be a election. Both will not gain anything from a snap election. NDP would actually lose ground to Green.

So they get to keep their jobs and keep their opposing voice.

Didnt mean to say that. Wrote that wrong! I was trying to say Quebec would be stupid to seperate because it would kill their own economy and hurt business in the province of quebec if they cut ties with Canada.

Although I dont think the Canadian government would be too happy if Quebec got the vote to seperate.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by richardchan2002

Quebec still expected Canada to support them financially even after they seperated.
    Well, yeah, like any gold digging housewife who wants a divorce, they expect to have the same standard of living as they did, even though it's their choice to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Toma I usually view your posts and keep a mind that's open and willing to listen to both sides of an argument.

However, Alberta seperating from Canada would be stupid. I know that deep down inside you'll realize that eventually Alberta's economy will stabalize into a sustainable pattern and that a grand total of *maybe* 10 million people is NOT enough to run an economy that can handle western half of canada.

What does Alberta + BC + Sask have for an economy? Oil... maybe a small tech sector in Vancouver, lumber... and, oh yes, farming.

I get as a frustrated as any Albertan (having been born and raised there) but the last year that I've spent in Ontario has really opened my eyes a bit.

1) The ontario populace doesn't really have a clue what's going on out west. It's not because they've chosen to be ignorant but rather the fact that the government KEEPS them ignorant.

2) There is a LOT of money in Ontario. Holy god it's rediculous... Alberta's going to be hot for the next 20 years absolutely, but there is so much money constantly flowing in and out of Ontario. Always has been, and always will be.

At the end of the day if you have an issue with how this country is run you need to approach the government with it and hold them accountable. If the western provinces seperate all they're asking to do is crash and burn, period.

Originally posted by richardchan2002

To me, seperation should imply economic independence, although it doesn't seem like that's how politicians think. Remember the referrendum back in 1993? Quebec still expected Canada to support them financially even after they seperated.
    I agree with ya. It should imply economic independence. We both know that Quebec will rely on Canada which is exactly why they shouldent seperate. They'd be stupid to do this. I think most Quebecois realize this. They like the independent nation part they just dont like some of the responsibilites that come with it. Plus lets face it Quebec's current economy could not support their independent nation.

oh and wasnt the refferendum in 95?

So you want to create our own currency? And form new trade agreements with the USA and Canada? Pay tarrifs on all manufactured goods we import from Canada?

What happens when oil drops again and Alberta's economy comes to a screeching halt? Or when the US housing market tanks and softwood lumber goes to shit, should the 3.2 million people of Alberta subsidize the (much higher) cost of living of the 4.1 million people in BC? Or would you want Alberta to separate from this new Western country because fuck giving money to those needy parasitic bastards?

for separation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast