Quantcast
Okay ladies, I need some help here. LV purses - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Okay ladies, I need some help here. LV purses

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Question Okay ladies, I need some help here. LV purses

Like it says, HELP!!!

My wedding anniversary is coming up in a few months, and I've been digging information out of my wife as to what she would like. The best I have come up with is an LV purse. This is where the help comes in. I have NO idea what I'm looking for. I've been scanning eBay, and that seems like the best opportunity for me to get her a purse, but there's so many choices. She has a large purse for everyday use, and numerous others for different nights out. What should I look for? Should I think to replace her everyday large bag, or should I go with another stylish night out design? Would it be stupid to get something that can be used daily?

As for authenticity, I'm lost as well. What do I look for to make sure it's authentic? The last thing I wanna do is get her a cheap knock-off purse that I paid way to much for.

Please help out a guy who's taste is all in his mouth.

My Ride
    Memories...

I would avoid Ebay, buy it retail at Holt Renfrew or something.

As for all the other things, no idea.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You're not gonna save much on ebay. Find the style you want, call the Banff store (they stock the most, almost everything) and they'll courier it to Calgary for you.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Indian Scout

There's a Louis Vuitton store in Banff in the Gallery Mall. If you buy on ebay you WILL get a fake one. My personal opinion is that those purses are so played out and there are so many fakes that people automatically assume they're fake.

I know when I see one, I think the following in this order:

1. Nice fake purse
    2. Way to be original
    3. Where's your knockoff Burberry scarf?

My Ride
    FA1

http://reviews.ebay.com/Louis-Vuitto...00000000021258

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-SPOT-...00000000021466

Those should be able to help you out in learning how to spot fakes from originals. The last place you want to buy a Louis Vuitton purse/bag would be ebay. Actually any kind of high-end label would probably be fake on ebay.

I would recommend getting her something that she will not use too often. More like something she will use upon special occasions (keeps the purse I guess special). Something where you guys can go out somewhere fancy and she can sport it with her favorite dress or something.

My girlfriend and I are always at holt renfrew. You should drop by there and take a look at what they offer in bags. Just don't dress grubby or they'll be obnoxious towards you haha. You wouldn't think it happens but it does.

It's so amazingly hard to spot the fakes from originals, that you might as well just buy her a fake one along with some other stuff haha.

Oh and I think there is all of 2 girls on beyond so it may take a you a while to get help.

You should go with a speedy 25 or 30 monogram canvas, they're not the huge speedy 60 style nor are they the tiny night out purses but a nice in the middle functionable everyday or night out bag. A speedy 30 in the new checkered (damier) pattern would be nice as well, a little less overplayed than the monogram. Generally speaking the best way to determine whether the bag is a fake or not is by the design first and formost, LV uses one whole piece of leather for each major section so on one side the LVs should be right side up and on the other side upside down, also LV never cuts off the LV symbol in a seem. The hardware on an LV bag is ALWAYS 10k gold or brass.
    Last edited by ashee; 03-18-2007 at 07:34 PM.

My Ride
    Black EP3

Monogram anything is so over done, especially LV, Gucci, Coach, Dior, etc. Don't want to bash anyones style or anything, but originality is RARE when it comes to wallets/handbags/purses. With so many LV/Gucci/Burberry knows off out their, it's almost retarded to buy authentic.

Honestly, goto Holt, and take a look around. Marc Jacob; nice stuff. Prada even, less common then LV, and most of their products don't have the logo plastered all over it. Chanel has some nice stuff as well.

Ebay: ; stick with a trusted retailer. You won't save yourself too much money, you'll get exactly what you want, and won't have to worry about getting a fake.
    Last edited by coste; 03-18-2007 at 08:19 PM.

The first thought I had as I read the initial thread is not to buy it off of ebay but it seems like everyone has already said that. The authentic bags on there are usually used and the savings aren't usually that great. If you want to save money, you could look into purse lines that are still considered 'luxury goods' but are more affordable (ex. Coach, Kate Spade, etc).

In my opinion I would get her a leather purse rather than a cloth one, I find that leather purses are much easier to keep clean (you can wipe it off).

I don't think an 'over played' bag should be a reason to discount that from being the purse that you choose. The classic LV monogram is just that - a classic. Many people love the classic LV look. Other alternatives is that you can buy the vernis or epi line (from LV) to make the present distinctive.

To chose a purse, I'd go with her personal style rather than ask strangers. Because what one person likes, another person could hate. The best way to determine the best bag is to either lookat the style of her other purses or grab a good friend of hers and get her to help you decide.

And no, I don't think it's a bad idea to get her a purse she can use daily. What's the point of a present if she can't use it? Also if you're looking for a daily purse, I wouldn't go with something too stylish because it can go out of style pretty fast, I'd go with a classic looking purse.

Browse eluxury.com and take a look at some of the styles available. Also, don't forget that the price you see is not the price that you can get it for in town (since it's in American). Good luck!

My Ride

Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

I don't think an 'over played' bag should be a reason to discount that from being the purse that you choose. The classic LV monogram is just that - a classic. Many people love the classic LV look. Other alternatives is that you can buy the vernis or epi line (from LV) to make the present distinctive.

To chose a purse, I'd go with her personal style rather than ask strangers.
    Thanks all for the responses.

One thing I remember from talking about this a while ago, is that she mentioned the classic look. She was talking about how a "vintage" handbag would be something she would like, as it reminds her of being a kid and getting an old wicker purse from her grandmother. (Which by the way is the only purse she's ever kept for more than a year.) That's why I was looking on eBay, for a vintage purse, ie. old, but in good condition.

Originally posted by ashee
    You should go with a speedy 25 or 30 monogram canvas....
    Funny you should say that, as that's sort of the style she was looking for.

God, I wish she wanted a car. That I could do. But this... , ah well, I guess I'm .

why dont you just go visit the designer websites of what you're interested in. Gucci has nice bags that dont have the logo plastered all over it.
    Prada, Dior, Marc Jaobs. or if you work DT, hop into Holt quickly and ask them for their opinions.

If I i were you I would stay away from ebay. sometimes its pretty difficult to tell if its fake or not. If you wanna save a lil money, maybe look into buying it from LV's website in the US. They tend to be a little cheaper there.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

I hope you get some good blowjobs for the coin you're about to drop. :O

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

eluxury.com is an authorized LV retailer, online.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

If you want something LV, but something that not every second person has at the mall wither it be fake/not...i suggest the monogram vernis line:

http://eluxury.com/brands/louis_vuit...icationID=3013

go to that link for what i'm talking about...theres is ton's less fakes of those that they make (tho i would still buy only at Holt in i were you...) and IMO it looks more "young and original"

just post a pic incase:

like that "Fabric" they have tons of designs/colors

My Ride

Thanks again all. Yeah, I'm steering away from eBay, just not worth the headache of ending up with a fake. I went into Holt yesterday, in my work uniform, and was totally ignored. haha, that's okay though, cause I hate pushy salespeople anyways. I'm probably gonna end up with the vernis or epi line, just looks better to me.

I also contacted her cousin in NY. Her and my wife have very similar styles, and I thought she would be a great help and resource. Following everyones' suggestions here has been a great help, and I'm not lost as to which direction to go now.

Again, thanks to all that helped, and Schwa, we'll see.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Again, thanks to all that helped, and Schwa, we'll see. [/B]
    Good luck buddy!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Schwa
    I hope you get some good blowjobs for the coin you're about to drop. :O
    Originally posted by ZMan2k2
    Again, thanks to all that helped, and Schwa, we'll see.
    The first LV will get you good sex. The 2nd one will just get you normal sex. From that point on, if you want to get laid, you have to buy LV just to get action.

I refuse to date any chick that sports LV now. And I refuse to buy LV ever again... it only takes one to morph a normal chick into a huge label whore.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Excellent words said by the master himself. I 100% agree. I believe in setting the bar low

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

I hate those ignorant holt fuckers sometimes, I go in with a blazer on, nice jeans and nice shoes, and I can't fucking walk an inch without sales people all over me.

I go in with skate shoes on and nobody bats an eye.

Same amount of money in my pocket..

They should know that in Alberta these days, every blue collar joe has 2 grand disposable income in their pocket.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast