Quantcast
Refund my money! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Refund my money!

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Default Refund my money!

I Ordered and paid for a spoiler off a U.S. website/store www.howellautomotive.com I placed my order on December 6 2006 and i didn't get my part or any updates, or even a reply to any of the 20 emails i sent. I called a few times and they keep saying "we placed the order from AVS.. it's on the way" they tell me this once a month when i call.

Finally i called them a couple weeks ago and asked for a refund since my car is now up for sale and besides, the product STILL hasn't been sent out to howell automotive. Now he's telling me the parts are currently being made and they should expect them on their side by the end of the month. I told him i don't need it anymore and i want a refund. He just asked me for my name and said he would take care of it then hung up on me. That was 2 weeks ago.. I emailed them again last week. still no refund..

I used my Visa to buy the part. What can i do to get my money back?

My Ride
    is Invisible

Call your CC company and get a charge back.

Problem solved.

^^^^
    YES! They will help you out and most likely reverse the charges!

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

My bank asked if there was a promised delivery date. I was told 3 weeks.. but there's nothing in writing, and if i can't prove there was a promised delivery date, I'm on the losing end. The company has something like 20 days after the set delivery date to deliver before i can apply for a charge back. If there's no delivery date i don't stand a good chance at getting a charge back to work. My bank said they'll file a despute, But there's a good chance i'll be SOL. He also told me it could take a month or so before i get my money back lol..

so i guess there isn't much i can do anymore but wait

My Ride
    PL24T

Originally posted by illeagle
    My bank asked if there was a promised delivery date. I was told 3 weeks.. but there's nothing in writing, and if i can't prove there was a promised delivery date, I'm on the losing end. The company has something like 20 days after the set delivery date to deliver before i can apply for a charge back. If there's no delivery date i don't stand a good chance at getting a charge back to work. My bank said they'll file a despute, But there's a good chance i'll be SOL. He also told me it could take a month or so before i get my money back lol..

so i guess there isn't much i can do anymore but wait
    Call the CC company, not the bank.

My Ride
    A Hobo

maybe it's a sign that you don't need a spoiler

You should definitely read the terms, conditions and policies on your CC. It should fall under the buyer protection area if it is applicable to your visa purchases. It's always a good idea to understand how you can be protected should the worse case arise.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Originally posted by adidas
    Call your CC company and get a charge back.

Problem solved.
    Like he said!

There is always a "within reason clause". for example, you make a purchase(which would be noted on theC/C statement) and there is no place that takes more than 3 months to deliver a product unless its a Ferarri or Lambo. Even cars that are made in Japan say in December still arrive by March usually! Keep on fighting you'll get your money back.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by jdmXSI; 03-20-2007 at 10:45 PM.

Definitely call your CC company. Depending on which one it is they usually have a 3-4 month window where you can call them and get them to cancel a charge due to not receiving items and what not. They can probably do more than your bank can.