Quantcast
Rant: ThePunctualPlumber.ca - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rant: ThePunctualPlumber.ca

My Ride
    JRSC00LUDE's sister

I'd say that if this info below is accurate from their web site, the reason for the jacked up price when he arrived late is so "we pay you!" Jack the price, give some of it back for being late, all is well......plumbers are assholes.

Originally posted by natejj

Check their website out.

Number 2 - We guarantee to be ON TIME! That's our Punctual Plumber™ Promise- We surveyed our customers and found out that in addition to quality work our customers appreciate it when we are on time! Sounds pretty simple right? Well it is.

We know how valuable your time is and we promise to show up on time - or we pay you. That's right - if we are late for our appointment - we pay you! This is one place where time really is money.
    http://www.clearviewplumbing.ca/guarantee.html
    Originally posted by Ali
    I'm glad he's happy but he's still fucking Prince! If he wants to hang with Jehovah that's cool, it's just sucks that I'll never have the opportunity to hear "Soft and Wet" live

If they showed yup and jacked up the price saying it was non-negoitiable, I'd be like, well the phone guy quoted $250. I have 250 right here, take it or leave it.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by topmade

Yup it's 50ft from crappy tire. But also keep in mind the thread was about a sink and not a toilet. Toilet ones are much shorter with plastic ends so they don't scratch the porcelain and have bigger ends to clear more "shit"
    Oh kk, that def makes more sense!

for making me laugh!

Next time call Silcraft. He's an old school semi-retired plumber that doesnt charge and arm and a leg and prefers doing small jobs.

Sil DeBortoli
    560-4719
    Last edited by sputnik; 03-27-2007 at 08:33 AM.

My Ride
    02 Accord

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Rant: ThePunctualPlumber.ca

Originally posted by tictactoe2004

If I called someone, and they said $90 to come out and $250 max to repair and then they showed up and doubled their price i'd tell him to leave and would not pay him... I would tell him, they quoted me $250 MAX on the phone.. had they quoted me $500 max I would have called the other plumber that quoted me $250 max and not you. end of story.. I dunno man... if the story happened just as you said, the plumber would have a better chance of having a period than getting $90 from me. If they don't know what the problem is then they shouldnt be quoting $250 max... if they had said we'd have to come and check things out before quoting you a price that would be different... but if they quote you a "max" price they can't charge you "double-max"
    word... I'd tell him to get the fuck out too. I'm not really a nice guy in these types of situations. I bet most of you guys woulda never guessed eh I woulda had the 250 rdy in cash for the job, if he didnt like it he could leave. You never signed anything... The price was obviously quoted wrong, and over the phone, and the guy showed up late. If I were you, I'd forget about the 90 bucks you gave the guy, its not worth your time and effort to get it back. Whats the guy gonna do anyways when I refuse to pay him the money? nothing. cause he cant. I'm really surprised you paid him.... Better luck next time bro.

On a 2nd note and something I'd like to share with all of you..... Trades men in this city think their better then doctors. Their time is worth a minimum 100/hour. You should the see the gas fitters/plumbers and/or other trades I deal with at my job. Their shit simply doesn't stink. With this booming economy, and the lack of man power in their industry, they simply dont give a shit. Their just another reason I can't wait for the economy to go down the shitter, maybe it'll wipe the smirks off their faces... Fucking trademen....

In other news two soldiers were critically wounded this morning from a roadside bomb in Afganistan.

Originally posted by natejj
    You shouldn't have paid, because he wasn't on time. I am pretty sure they have a "satisfaction gauranteed" policy too.

Check their website out.

Number 1 - We Guarantee Our Price. We guarantee that the price quoted before the work is done, won't change after the work is done. That's a comfort you can count on.

Number 2 - We guarantee to be ON TIME! That's our Punctual Plumber™ Promise- We surveyed our customers and found out that in addition to quality work our customers appreciate it when we are on time! Sounds pretty simple right? Well it is.

We know how valuable your time is and we promise to show up on time - or we pay you. That's right - if we are late for our appointment - we pay you! This is one place where time really is money.

http://www.clearviewplumbing.ca/guarantee.html
    they should pay you for showing up late, not the other way around
    Last edited by jmc; 03-27-2007 at 09:46 AM.

My Ride
    00 JeeChe

Originally posted by jmc

they should pay you for showing up late, not the other way around
    Yeah. You pretty much owned yourself.

My Ride

Didnt really own myself. The mistake I made was when he showed up late, I let him inspect the problem. Letting him inspect the problem, is letting him perform a service. I should have just told him to fuck off. After letting him inpsect the problem, I dont know how much success I would have refusing to pay the appearence fee (I might have gotten away with it for that day, but I'm pretty sure it would come back through collections or something).

Now here is where they show their true colors:

In regards to that if we are late, we'll pay you statement... its a load of BS. I called back to complain, and they have pages of clauses for themselves to get out of paying for being late. In my specific case, I was speaking to the same lady I made my appointment earlier with. Yet she denied making me an appointment. She claimed she didnt remember me, and that "someone" must have sensed the urgency in my situation, and probably tried to squeeze me in. Since it wasnt a official appointment, it doesnt qualify for their we'll pay you for being late statement. This despite I remember her clearly saying "your appointment will be in between the time window of etc... At this point its not worth dealing with their crap for $90 bucks, I'm more hoping a few people will read this and go elsewhere.

My Ride

Who is the consumer affairs guy at Global TV? I bet he'd love to get a camera and pull a sting on these fuckers.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rant: ThePunctualPlumber.ca

Originally posted by EnRich

On a 2nd note and something I'd like to share with all of you..... Trades men in this city think their better then doctors. Their time is worth a minimum 100/hour. You should the see the gas fitters/plumbers and/or other trades I deal with at my job. Their shit simply doesn't stink. With this booming economy, and the lack of man power in their industry, they simply dont give a shit. Their just another reason I can't wait for the economy to go down the shitter, maybe it'll wipe the smirks off their faces... Fucking trademen....

In other news two soldiers were critically wounded this morning from a roadside bomb in Afganistan.
    Whoa whoa whoa! As a "tradesman" in this city, yes my time is worth that much. Considering I have to commute/drive to your house, use my tools-which in total have probably cost me several thousand dollars, plus my expertise, labor and time to do the job... Trust me lots of people think they can save themselves a hundred bucks an hour by doing it themselves, do you want to buy a house where someone installed the gas lines themselves to save a few hundred bucks?? People think we charge these extreme prices, try to do it themselves, mess it up and then get charged double because it takes a qualified tradesman twice as long to fix it. But no I am not a plumber... and actually due to the quickly aging demographic of existing tradesmen out there, regardless of the economy, the employment outlook for tradesmen is looking better all the time...

[url]

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by 5hift
    Didnt really own myself. The mistake I made was when he showed up late, I let him inspect the problem. Letting him inspect the problem, is letting him perform a service. I should have just told him to fuck off. After letting him inpsect the problem, I dont know how much success I would have refusing to pay the appearence fee (I might have gotten away with it for that day, but I'm pretty sure it would come back through collections or something).

Now here is where they show their true colors:

In regards to that if we are late, we'll pay you statement... its a load of BS. I called back to complain, and they have pages of clauses for themselves to get out of paying for being late. In my specific case, I was speaking to the same lady I made my appointment earlier with. Yet she denied making me an appointment. She claimed she didnt remember me, and that "someone" must have sensed the urgency in my situation, and probably tried to squeeze me in. Since it wasnt a official appointment, it doesnt qualify for their we'll pay you for being late statement. This despite I remember her clearly saying "your appointment will be in between the time window of etc... At this point its not worth dealing with their crap for $90 bucks, I'm more hoping a few people will read this and go elsewhere.
    Haha thats why my dad records telephone conversations like that. One time I heard him replay it to someone that was trying to jack him, like you got jacked by her reply. Haha complete silence. LOL!!!!! it was amazing.

My Ride
    00 JeeChe

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rant: ThePunctualPlumber.ca

Originally posted by bignerd

Whoa whoa whoa! As a "tradesman" in this city, yes my time is worth that much. Considering I have to commute/drive to your house, use my tools-which in total have probably cost me several thousand dollars, plus my expertise, labor and time to do the job... Trust me lots of people think they can save themselves a hundred bucks an hour by doing it themselves, do you want to buy a house where someone installed the gas lines themselves to save a few hundred bucks?? People think we charge these extreme prices, try to do it themselves, mess it up and then get charged double because it takes a qualified tradesman twice as long to fix it. But no I am not a plumber... and actually due to the quickly aging demographic of existing tradesmen out there, regardless of the economy, the employment outlook for tradesmen is looking better all the time...
    LOL. If everyone tried to do it themselves, you'd be out of a job. I've been successful as plumber, carpenter, gasfitter, electrician, and a mechanic without ever having worked one of those jobs in my life.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rant: ThePunctualPlumber.ca

Originally posted by Mangina

LOL. If everyone tried to do it themselves, you'd be out of a job. I've been successful as plumber, carpenter, gasfitter, electrician, and a mechanic without ever having worked one of those jobs in my life.
    Not saying that you can't do things on your own, but there are definitley people out there who CAN'T if you know what I mean. Fixing or building something so it is functional is one thing, having it pass inspection and meet code is another...

[url]

FYI for anyone that might turn up this thread in their search for a plumber:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/364200/ho...ter-tank-cost/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2