so far i am icying it,will heat it when swelling is down
    borrowing crutches from friend
    going to doc on monday
    and poping t3's

anythingelse?
    i am in so much pain i dunt want to think

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Ive rolled my ankle so many times the pain goes away after a couple of hours.

You should ice it for 30 mins, off for 30 then again for 30 mins etc etc. Keep the ankle elevated and when the swelling goes down apply heat.
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

I have rolled both my ankles playing Vball, if your still in a lot pain after a day or so, better get a x-ray to make sure there is no hair line fractures.

My Ride
    '92 gti

You better get an xray man, I fractured my ankle in 2 places about 8 weeks ago. You don't want it to get worse, it takes a while to heal. All the advice above is good.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/senz21/Userbar/2.jpg
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/rikaado/Userbars/Auto/volkswagen.png

My Ride
    Subaru GR

ice it for 72hrs max post injury. Then use heat thearpy. Go for an x-ray as stated above just to make sure you don't have little bones wondering around in your foot.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    1992 Nissan 240SX

the thing about rolling your ankle, is it can't be monitored by x-rays like broken bones can...
    dude, if I ever got a penny for everytime I rolled my ankle because of skateboarding.... I'd have like 10 cents, lol

Ice the first Day
    Heat the Second day
    Ice every other day, heat every other day. Stay off the foot, and wrap that ankle.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

I rolled my ankle a lot of times too playing basketball. Last year was the worse when I rolled and had a few torn ligaments. I was out of work for almost 2 weeks.

It took a long time to heal properly. You should go to the Doctor and get better pain killers, something wayy better than T3. If you have some extra cash, buy some of those ice packs that wrap around the affected area. Those helped me out a lot.

It makes you appreciate your feet after it starts to heal.

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

haha i roll my ankle like every second week playing ball, i am used to the pain now

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Originally posted by adrians_s13
    the thing about rolling your ankle, is it can't be monitored by x-rays like broken bones can...
    dude, if I ever got a penny for everytime I rolled my ankle because of skateboarding.... I'd have like 10 cents, lol

Ice the first Day
    Heat the Second day
    Ice every other day, heat every other day. Stay off the foot, and wrap that ankle.
    lol....you're more prone to rolling ankles if you previously rolled it. Tendons are stretched and are a little longer then normal thus you have more susceptability since the joint is not as stable as it once was.

Ice for the first 72 hours to minimize cell and tissue distruction, 2nd phase of healing starts after this and can be promoted by heat thearpy to increase blood flow to the damaged areas.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

you really shouldn't be popping t3's for a sprained ankle. if it hurts that much, then something is legitamately damaged
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I did that last spring.. I never got it checked.. but it was bad.. I've never done it before in my life but it got huge and lasted a long time.. I just wrapped it and lived with it. but even now I have to be careful with it.. I was drunk, and was going down a small hill to the sidewalk.. so like 7-8ft steep hill.. a few quick steps, to flat and when i hit I crumpled into a pile of shit.. ha.. I never want to do that again.. prob lasted a month, that I had to keep it wrapped, and then stil had to watch it after that...

it was weird because growing up on the farm I was always running thru the fields, and had rolled my ankles lots of times in cow holes, never had an issue, then a stupid step like that takes me out..

My Ride
    89 Colt Turbo

i rolled my ankle around 9pm....went out till 3 am
    so basically i made it worst, but fuck so many hot girls....
    thats why i am on t3's

just curious i am suppose to have both sides swollen?

My Ride
    W213

Originally posted by SikAssR1
    I have rolled both my ankles playing Vball, if your still in a lot pain after a day or so, better get a x-ray to make sure there is no hair line fractures.
    me too man!
    both on my right ankle..done it a couple times now
    sometimes when im walking up stairs now theres a little cracking noise coming from it..

My Ride
    Giant Reign

There are a lot of excercises to speed up recovery and keep the ankle as strong as possible to keep it from happening again. It's a pain in the ass but will help you in the long run if you can keep up with them.
    Google ankle strength exercises or something similar and choose the ones you can do. I sprained both ankles last summer at rugby and doing the exercises helped my get back into playing within five weeks of a grade 2 sprain.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

once you get some mobility back the ankle exercises help alot to strengthen the ankle. ive sprained both ankles at least 3-4 teams each and even had hairline fractures in my right ankle. ice and elevation is the best thing you can do.

but on a side note, does anyone know how to help a broken toe heal faster? i broke it last Sunday and there is still quite a bit of pain when i walk. cant put much pressure on it. i have a tournament coming up may long weekend and i wanna make sure I'm good to play on it. I have pics of xray if that will help. thanks

My Ride
    04 Mini Cooper S JCW

Originally posted by calgarygts
    There are a lot of excercises to speed up recovery and keep the ankle as strong as possible to keep it from happening again. It's a pain in the ass but will help you in the long run if you can keep up with them.
    Google ankle strength exercises or something similar and choose the ones you can do. I sprained both ankles last summer at rugby and doing the exercises helped my get back into playing within five weeks of a grade 2 sprain.
    One exercise I've done is writing the letters in the alphabet in the air with your hurt ankle/foot. As well as strength exercises, stretching is very important. If you've stretched/torn any ligaments, when they heal, you may get some "scar" tissue. Stretching and massaging the effected area will help to minimize this.

And be careful! It takes a long time to rehab a badly sprained ankle. It may feel close to a 100% healed but like others have said, it can be easily re-sprained. You definitely do not want to have a chronically weak ankle prone to sprains.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by Slashin_
    i rolled my ankle around 9pm....went out till 3 am
    so basically i made it worst, but fuck so many hot girls....
    thats why i am on t3's

just curious i am suppose to have both sides swollen?

hahaah thats tooo funny.

ive rolled my ankle 15 or so times(stupid bball) and im pretty use to the pain.

Best bet would be to go to a physiotherapist and within a week or so you should be okay(considering you go everyday).

GL.

My Ride
    00 Protege

RICE.
    R-rest
    I-ice
    C-compression
    E-elevation

you can figure that out. I'de also take ibuprofen it will help tone down the swelling. T3's don't do shit, its basically tylenol extra strength with codeine. Only about 30 percent of the population can digest the codeine(if you are one of the 30 percent you are lucky cause codeine is synthesized into a very miniscule dose of morpheine) but to most codeinne just creates complications with constipation. Noone wants to be bustin an artery trying to poop.

Go to physiotherapy. yes you may be prone to it happening again but if you take care of it and strengthen it again it shouldn't be.

My Ride
    Honda

Default Re: rolling your ankle

Originally posted by Slashin_
    i've never rolled/pulled a muscle in my life
    but on sat i rolled my ankle
    was just wondring anybody have advice on how to heal faster

so far i am icying it,will heat it when swelling is down
    borrowing crutches from friend
    going to doc on monday
    and poping t3's

anythingelse?
    i am in so much pain i dunt want to think
    i rolled mine a few months ago ( i couldn t even stand)... i found that keeping the foot elevated and iced was the best solution... also, wear those ankle bands but just only for 1 hour max (or else it s not good for your circulation goin to that foot)....
    FS: lots of Rsx base and type s parts!

My Ride
    2009 Forester

along the lines that mazda_maniac said. If you can't take codeine or are alergic to it, the swelling in your ankles might be more pronounced than it actually is. when my wife was given T3s, her wrists and ankles almost doubled in size.

and if you're in THAT much pain, you should get an xray to make sure it's not a fracture
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast