Quantcast
Drilling / Drilling Services Engineer more than 10 years experiences - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drilling / Drilling Services Engineer more than 10 years experiences

Default Drilling / Drilling Services Engineer more than 10 years experiences

I'm looking for a job in CANADA. I'm Canadian Permanent resident located in Calgary right now.
    My contact: [email protected]
    The following is part of my CV:

B.Sc. Chemical Engineering--- Many years of experience in drilling operation and drilling engineering, worked as drilling engineer, night well-site supervisor, worked with drilling services like: mud engineering, directional drilling, coiled tubing and casing running, sand control techniques, down hole equipment and artificial lift (gas and water), worked and experienced in the well integrity management and drilling QHSE management.

EDUCATION

· 1987- 1991 B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, Major: Gas Industry, Abadan Institute of Technology (AIT). Approved by APEGGA.
    · Accredited by IQAS

· 1983 – 1987 Diploma in Auto-mechanic, Auto/Diesel Engines 4-year full course, Abouzar Technical School (1987).
    · Accredited by IQAS.

COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
    · Proficient in: MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Internet, WinXP, Win2000
    · Expert in Windows different versions installation and trouble-shooting.
    · Computer hardware technical supports know how.
    EXPERIENCE

Drilling QHSE Supervisor (with Drilling Quality Control and Drilling NPT Reduction Approach)

2004 - 2006 PEDCO (IPM Schlumberger J.V.), Tehran, Iran
    · Worked and expert supervision of well integrity management for Oil field/Gas field Drilling Off/Onshore Projects.
    · Reduced Drilling EPC project NPT from %40 to %15 during 18 months.
    · Reviewed and revised AFE and cost estimation for more than 55 horizontal and multilateral wells. (Wellhead pressure rating from 1200 to 5000 PSI).
    · Member of drilling engineering team for well planning and well design of 55 horizontal and multilateral wells using Schlumberger’s Drilling Office software for well planning.
    · Assisting drilling team to achieve to the record of 600 meters/day in directional drilling (sliding and drilling modes) with Schlumberger’s Power Drive motor and Reed’s Trix PDC bit.
    · Worked and expert in drilling and completion equipment manufacturing quality plan reviewing and hydraulic tests, team member for artificial lift completion design (gas, water) using Baker’s monobore completion (wire line and tubing retrievable).
    · Reviewed and revised the whole drilling procurement process regarding engineering and quality assurance requirements.
    · Strong skills and knowledge in the petroleum industry with emphasis in drilling and QHSE issues. (Using Schlumberger’s Shell 2000 system).
    · Reviewed and revised drilling and drilling services contracts regarding to Key Factors and quality requirements.
    · Supervision of different QHSE system features like: ERP (Emergency Response Plan), drilling QHSE RWP (Remedial Work Plan), SQM (Service Quality Meetings) and PMS (Preventive Maintenance System).

Drilling Engineer

2000-2004 PEDCO (IPM Schlumberger JV), Tehran, Iran
    · Member of well planning & design team for100 re-entry, horizontal and multilateral wells using Schlumberger’s Drilling Office well planning software.
    · Drill Bit Selection for different drilling operation requirements.
    · Make decisions regarding appropriate well completion techniques, used and worked with Baker’s monobore completion system, Smith’s liner hangers and packers, Halliburton down-hole equipment.
    · Assess costs and evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling locations (AFE, cost estimation and cost analyses.
    · Drilling trouble shooting during rig spot, drilling operation, logging, well testing, well flowing and well hand over to production Dept.
    · Member of wellhead and completion design team for about 100 gas and oil wells (sour and sweet).
    · Design and implement health, safety and environmental controls on drilling operations.
    Other Experiences
    1991-2000

· Drilling Engineer
    · Night Well-Site Supervisor
    · Drilling Engineer
    · Drilling Rotary Equipment (repair and Maintenance) Quality Control Engineer
    · Drilling Procurement Engineer

· Mud logger
    · Assistant Driller
    · Flour Hand

CERTIFICATES &TRAININGS
    · Full package Drilling Engineering Course Datalog Company. Calgary, Canada (1999).
    · Schlumberger`s Drilling Office Course. (2002).
    · Reed Drilling Bit Design and Bit Selection Course (2005).
    · Schlumberger's HQSE Management system (Shell 2000).
    · Sea Survival + H.U.E.T. (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training).
    · IWCF, H2S Alive, WHMIS, First Aid Training + CPR level C.
    · Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Confined Space, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hoisting & Rigging, Forklift Safety, Ground Disturbance.
    · International driving licence + Canadian class 5 driving licence.
    RELEVANT COURSES
    · Advance Drilling engineering.
    · Drilling Procurement Management.
    · Formation Pressure Evaluation, Bit Selection and Bit Optimization.
    · Drilling Operation (Assistant Driller Apprenticeship).
    LANGUAGES
    · English, Persian (Farsi), Basic Arabic
    PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
    · Application with APEGA in process.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

that is quite the resume, you should have absolutely no problem finding a job.

check today's calgary herald, working section, I noticed a ton of engineering jobs.

Are you looking to work as a wellsite sup? or operations in calgary?
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

Default Cold Contacts

I'm looking for both.
    And I need some cold contacts

Originally posted by adamc
    that is quite the resume, you should have absolutely no problem finding a job.

check today's calgary herald, working section, I noticed a ton of engineering jobs.

Are you looking to work as a wellsite sup? or operations in calgary?

Default Re: Cold Contacts

If you were a new immigrant...you had the same problem maybe...

Originally posted by amkhosro
    I'm looking for both.
    And I need some cold contacts

here is a good site:

http://www.oilcareers.com/worldwide/

you should have no problem finding a job with your experience.

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

Default Check Out Colt Engineering!

They are always hiring so I am sure they could benefit from receiving your resume. Seems like a good company to work for and they are one of my clients. If you forward me your resume, I can forward it to a recruiter there that I know.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

I think he'd be better off at a shell/encana/talisman

actually, those are the 3 i'd try first

like I said, I saw a ton of enginnering ads today, and lots recently too.

Unfortunately I am not an enginner.

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

Nothing wrong with working at Shell, Encana or Talisman either. I wouldn't narrow my choices down. I would explore all options and offers and pick the best one you receive obviously. Good luck man!

There will be another Career Fair for Oil and Gas and Engineering down at the Telus Convention Centre again. It is tentatively booked for October 2nd. Mac Hall A, B, C & D. Brought to you by the Calgary Herald. I will post more info later.

P.S - Go Flames Go!

Default Thank you all

Thank you people for your favors I do appreciate and admire you all
    For your information:
    Up to now I've sent my resume to about 50 companies in Alberta.

I've got 4 opportunities for interview.
    Their excuse:
    1- you are overqualified for engineering entry or mid-level
    2- you don't have any Canadian Work Experience.

I did try for 4 companies in the States...I got 4 panel interviews.

Result:
    All interviews they did accept me but,
    They refused my case cz of Security regulations (not holding a Canadian Passport)

This is the world we are living in.

During my work lifetime I had; American, British, Australian, Russian and many different nationalities personnel under my hand...I used to ask them about their technical, personal and managerial qualifications not such excuses.

My Ride
    ED-7

Default Re: Thank you all

this is the most common excuse given to immigrants despite their qualifications. Every member in my family had that excuse thrown to them despite their work experiance, qualification and documented education. When they did accept, i remember my dad being paid $8 an hour for an engineering position to support a family back in 1998... Now apparently we have a work force shortage?

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

well perhaps it's just lack of knowledge in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin that they are talking about..

I suspected that might be a problem

My Ride

I think generally, lack of canadian work experience is a political correct euphamism for "don't speak english too good".

Default It's not true for me @ least

This is not true for me @ least: “”don't speak english too good&quot””

cz:
    1- I've studied in the only English Language University in my country which is 60 years old and is the sister university of MIT (Michigan Institute of Technology)
    2- This University is the only approved university by APEGGA among all Middle East universities
    3- Since I've been graduated and I did start working in English language work environment and all paper works in my work environment...they've been in English cz Drilling is an English language work environment anywhere in the world almost.
    What concept Canadian companies have...we all know better.... I do prefer not to mention.

Originally posted by Crymson
    I think generally, lack of canadian work experience is a political correct euphamism for "don't speak english too good".
    Last edited by amkhosro; 04-02-2007 at 12:09 AM.

his english is still better than 50% of this board
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Default Re: Re: Thank you all

Originally posted by AG_Styles

this is the most common excuse given to immigrants despite their qualifications. Every member in my family had that excuse thrown to them despite their work experiance, qualification and documented education. When they did accept, i remember my dad being paid $8 an hour for an engineering position to support a family back in 1998... Now apparently we have a work force shortage?
    Here's a suggestion (just a suggestion):
    You need to tell them straight upfront (maybe even written in the objective on your resume), you are looking for mid-level position, and you are willing and able to work at mid-level positions (or even entry level).

Because I think you need at least 1 yr of Canadian (climate, culture, etc.) engineering experience under supervision by a professional engineer for licensee with APEGGA.

As you might already know
    Company likes: senior engineer that are license, with Canadian experience.
    Compnay dislikes: senior engineer that requires supervision.

So for now don't be too picky, basically you just need someone to take you under their wings for a year or so. Then hopefully it's six-figure time after that (of course, the more Canadian experiences, the better).
    Thank you people for your favors I do appreciate and admire you all
    For your information:
    Up to now I've sent my resume to about 50 companies in Alberta.

I've got 4 opportunities for interview.
    Their excuse:
    1- you are overqualified for engineering entry or mid-level

I did try for 4 companies in the States...I got 4 panel interviews.

Result:
    All interviews they did accept me but,
    They refused my case cz of Security regulations (not holding a Canadian Passport)

This is the world we are living in.

During my work lifetime I had; American, British, Australian, Russian and many different nationalities personnel under my hand...I used to ask them about their technical, personal and managerial qualifications not such excuses.

Default Re: Re: Re: Thank you all

Good suggestion.... but, already I put this in my cover letter.
    During one interview they said: If even you ask to work for us in engineering entry level position...how we can place you to report to a senior engineer who is 10 years younger than you and he is holding only 5 years of experience!!!

Originally posted by jmc

Here's a suggestion (just a suggestion):
    You need to tell them straight upfront (maybe even written in the objective on your resume), you are looking for mid-level position, and you are willing and able to work at mid-level positions (or even entry level).

Because I think you need at least 1 yr of Canadian (climate, culture, etc.) engineering experience under supervision by a professional engineer for licensee with APEGGA.

As you might already know
    Company likes: senior engineer that are license, with Canadian experience.
    Compnay dislikes: senior engineer that requires supervision.

So for now don't be too picky, basically you just need someone to take you under their wings for a year or so. Then hopefully it's six-figure time after that (of course, the more Canadian experiences, the better).

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank you all

Good suggestion.... but, already I put this in my cover letter.
    During one interview they said: If even you ask to work for us in engineering entry level position...how we can place you to report to a senior engineer who is 10 years younger than you and he is holding only 5 years of experience!!!
    Well the good thing is, you are getting interviews for every ten or so applications you send. During the interview is where you do your magic. Even if they don't bring the issue up, you ‘might’ want to sell yourself as someone that can excel working within all age groups [of course it’s easier said then done].

So a possible reply might be (lots of possibilities, I am sure other beyonder can craft something better):
    I don't think that will be a problem at all. On many occasions, I worked side-by-side with younger and different experienced individuals. “insert a good example from your own past”. The younger age group really brings a different perspective that I truly appreciate. After every discussion, I am left with a better insight into the solution. I am certain reporting to a somewhat younger or different experienced manager, will be a non-issue. It can only be a win-win situation.

(I am assuming you truly don't mind working mid/low-end for a year or so. Once you get that experience, the sky’s the limit) Good Luck.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Schlumberger fired a shit load of engineers recently. Otherwise, with your background, I'm sure they'll hire you on.

Avoid Shell. RDS just took over and reductions are on the way. You don't need the drama.

Try some agencies. They may take a chunk off but may open more doors than going alone.

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

Without Canadian experience it can be very true that you would be at a disadvantage:

1) If you are not familiar with Canadian business practices (particularly with suppliers) you could easily end up wasting a lot of money (they WILL take advantage of you).

2) A lot of wells are drilled successfully because the engineer has a very intimate knowledge of the drilling conditions in the area, not because they were given a good drilling plan. I find that most of the important information about drilling in a certain area is never passed on in reports, only through talking with other field engineers or first hand experience. Ex. I hit a gravel seam that nobody knew about; the engineer on the rig two sections away knew about the gravel and has known about it for years. This information could have saved me a couple of hundred thousand dollars because I could have planned the cementing before we hit the gravel and had everything ready to go and cemented and redrilled in a matter of five hours instead of two full shifts. The problem here is because of a lack of communication at the company, your performance will be judged against others who have all the information needed to do a very efficient job.

The approach I would take would be to aim for Directional Drilling jobs (try Phoenix Tech. Services) or Mud Engineer jobs (try MiSwaco, they are always looking) just to get into the field and get some Canadian experience and then target engineering jobs seven or eight months into your "Canadian Experience".

One more important item: most "Drilling Engineers" have no legal right to call themselves "engineers" so you are kind of playing against a stacked deck in that your qualifications don't give you an edge over a large portion of the competition but do hold you to certain legal requirements in terms of your work position until you are given professional status in Alberta, certain requirements that many companies may not want to be burdened with.

Default The best I've ever heard in this forum

Thanks a lot.
    The points you mentioned are the best and I'll keep in mind (mostly professional).
    I'm personally interested in directional rather than MI works cz directional works expose you to the knowledge that always is a must for a drilling engineer and among directional workers, Sperry and Baker come to me first.... but as I told you with these two I need some cold calls (contacts) it doesn't go trough their websites.
    Thanks again.

P.S. About this" find that most of the important information about drilling in a certain area is never passed on in reports"
    This happens when the companies don't have 'Lesson Learned System' What I did establish in my previous company I used to work for.
    Besides I do remember this expression in drilling always" Every well is a new well with new information even in the same reservoir"

Originally posted by 98brg2d
    Without Canadian experience it can be very true that you would be at a disadvantage:

1) If you are not familiar with Canadian business practices (particularly with suppliers) you could easily end up wasting a lot of money (they WILL take advantage of you).

2) A lot of wells are drilled successfully because the engineer has a very intimate knowledge of the drilling conditions in the area, not because they were given a good drilling plan. I find that most of the important information about drilling in a certain area is never passed on in reports, only through talking with other field engineers or first hand experience. Ex. I hit a gravel seam that nobody knew about; the engineer on the rig two sections away knew about the gravel and has known about it for years. This information could have saved me a couple of hundred thousand dollars because I could have planned the cementing before we hit the gravel and had everything ready to go and cemented and redrilled in a matter of five hours instead of two full shifts. The problem here is because of a lack of communication at the company, your performance will be judged against others who have all the information needed to do a very efficient job.

The approach I would take would be to aim for Directional Drilling jobs (try Phoenix Tech. Services) or Mud Engineer jobs (try MiSwaco, they are always looking) just to get into the field and get some Canadian experience and then target engineering jobs seven or eight months into your "Canadian Experience".

One more important item: most "Drilling Engineers" have no legal right to call themselves "engineers" so you are kind of playing against a stacked deck in that your qualifications don't give you an edge over a large portion of the competition but do hold you to certain legal requirements in terms of your work position until you are given professional status in Alberta, certain requirements that many companies may not want to be burdened with.
    Last edited by amkhosro; 04-03-2007 at 11:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast