Quantcast
Modifications - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Modifications

My Ride
    bmw m3

Default Modifications

Does anyone feel that as one grows older the types of modifications to a car one does changes. Sometimes certain modifications influence a certain crowd.

I noticed this change within myself when i was 16 the big thing on my mind was glow, noise , n loud bass.

Now i think i wouldnt ever want neon in my car

Every teenager almost has a system n having ur trunk rattle like shit (looks retarded)

Exhaust , louder doesnt always mean more power. I cant see how some people can drive wit such loud exhaust systems.

Bodykits , dont you people agreee after u go through this stage u will always believe that nothing fits like oem.

My Ride
    a wrx.

is this some sort of veiled attempt at proclaiming that u arent a ricer?

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

I used to be exactly like that now its all about power, and trying to keep my engine from blowing up.

My Ride
    bmw m3

I dont have to proclaim im not a ricer lol.

Whats ur oppinoun on this gtsjeff who do u c more wit neon people who r 20 or 16

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I think we all go through the "ricer" stage at one point in life. When I was in my early 20's, my 944 was plastered with stickers (some are still there today...). On the fenders was my name stickered on the car because I thought I was a big time racer... but in fact I was just a big time ricer.

It's all about the "clean" look now, and performance! .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    bmw m3

I swear my next car will be just slammed on 18s or 19s

My Ride
    I dont Drive

Default Re: Modifications

Originally posted by civic_rida

Bodykits , dont you people agreee after u go through this stage u will always believe that nothing fits like oem.

I dont think so....

My Ride
    bmw m3

ur whole kit was bolt on?

My Ride
    Apex Predator

I use to like show cars alot, but now I think I'd rather have something with some go to it. Something you can drop the pedal and really feel. That's my $0.02.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    a wrx.

I dont have to proclaim im not a ricer lol.

Whats ur oppinoun on this gtsjeff who do u c more wit neon people who r 20 or 16
    when i was 16, i drove my moms 92 accord with a couple subs, a neon bass light, and mugen seatbelt pads.

now, i drive a rusting ae86 with real performance mods.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Default Re: Modifications

I noticed this change within myself when i was 16 the big thing on my mind was glow, noise , n loud bass.

I admit to being an audio ricer back in the day. However I'm proud to say I never fell victim to the neon trend.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    when i was 16, i drove my moms 92 accord with a couple subs, a neon bass light, and mugen seatbelt pads.

now, i drive a rusting ae86 with real performance mods.
    hahaha too bad your 92 accord is still faster than your ae86.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

yeah i am not down with the whole "rice" scene. I don't like the extra unnecessary attention it brings. I'm all about subtle changes, and things that enhance the cars performance.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

I'm for a combination of everything. All performance, or all show just doesn't cut it. What's needed is combination of both, some show (wheels, racing seats, etc), and some go (intakes, exhausts, turbos). I even have some small neons under my dash for a nice glow effect. The combination of everything is what's important, and what makes a car into a show winner

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by buh_buh
    hahaha too bad your 92 accord is still faster than your ae86.
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Originally posted by Abom
    I'm for a combination of everything. All performance, or all show just doesn't cut it. What's needed is combination of both, some show (wheels, racing seats, etc), and some go (intakes, exhausts, turbos). I even have some small neons under my dash for a nice glow effect. The combination of everything is what's important, and what makes a car into a show winner
    I'm a big fan of the sleeper look.

Sure its nice to have lots of luxuries and nice eye candy on your ride, but hopefully its fast as well.

If I had to pick one thing it would be go Performance first, and THEN go looks, because there is nothing worse than not being able to back up your look. Plus if one was to run out of money, I would rather run out of stuff to make your car look good, rather than run out of money have way through an engine swap or turbo install.
    Travel

My Ride
    Porsche 944 Turbo

yeah i am not down with the whole "rice" scene. I don't like the extra unnecessary attention it brings. I'm all about subtle changes, and things that enhance the cars performance.
    Thats exactly my view. There are too many ricers (and domestics too) with tons of money in enhancing the exterior, but couldnt hold thier own in a race. I like a nice lowered, fairly agressive civic as much as the next guy, but alot of people in the ricer scene get really caught up in a competition for the most radical "looks" parts.

I am performance guy 100%. I wouldn't even have these big wheels, but they came on the car when I bought it. I would still be running the stock ones if I had them. But performance isn't for everyone, and there is nothing wrong with modifying your car for looks. To each his own.

Just like modifying an engine, when you modify an exterior, you have got to look at the car as a whole, Instead of just adding parts. I think that point is lost by alot of people. As long as you consider the finished car when you select parts, you will end up with a good looking car.

Edit:
    I have got some really riced out friends, including a 2002 v6 Honda Accord with 6 TVs (no bullshit) and a list of ricery parts including NAWWWS! My favorite car out of my friends is a 1992 civic hatch. It has a badly dented fender and door, and the stock d15, he is saving for a swap. But he has made that thing super fast for a d15. This guy really knows his shit. I would never call him a ricer. He is more of a Honda performance enthusiast. That civic ran dead even through a 1/4 mile with my 1989 Naturally aspirated 944. It has 165hp/165tq. and weighs 2800lbs. That car has beaten many a Civic SI.
    Last edited by Vitesse951; 06-03-2003 at 06:18 PM.
    1986 Porsche 944 Turbo

No Dyno Sheet yet but I hope to make 400RWHP @24 PSI

Originally posted by Ben
    Sure its nice to have lots of luxuries and nice eye candy on your ride, but hopefully its fast as well.

Agreed. I'm just about done my "eye candy", and will be working on performance next

As you get older, you want something fast with all the goodies straight from the factory.

But you still won't be able to resist the urge to mod, if you've done any on your previous cars.

I don't think it has anything to do with age. I've always been more interrested in speed over looks. I think you would still be into body kits and neon glow if it wasn't for people who make constant fun of you for doing it.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

when i got my car when i was 17 i wanted it to look good and thought the stock d15 was fast enough..... one night at racecity and i think ive caught the speed bug.

now dont get me wrong.... my car is done for performance mods (engine swap) for now, untill the rust is gone, clean ww body kit, lowering and rims.... then the real performance mods will come...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast