Quantcast
Hotels in Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hotels in Calgary

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Default Hotels in Calgary

Hello

My husband and I are planning a trip to Alberta for this July, we're staying in Edmonton for 3 nights (already got that booked) and we're looking to stay a night or two in Calgary. What are some decent hotels for less than $130-140/night? What's a good area in Calgary? What are some good things to do? I've driven through Calgary before, but never actually stayed, or done anything.

Thanks in advance

-Krysten

My Ride
    2004 330ci/2000 1.6 EL

Sheraton Eau Claire and Hotel Arts are both very modern and would be in that price range

My Ride
    Memories...

I dont think the Sheraton is, I stayed there a year ago and payed around $200 before all of the taxes.

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

lol the cheapest room at the sheraton is $359/night.

My Ride
    Taco

^^^It all depends on timing for downtown hotels. Book on the internet, you'll get the cheapest rate. If you stay downtown count on atleast $20 a day for parking and nothing will be free in the hotel like breakfeast, internet, etc. If you stay outside of downtown like on Macleod trail or by the airport you'll get cheaper rates plus usually free parking, free breakfeast, free internet etc. Downtown will have more stuff to do like, walking to Stephens Ave shopping, Eau Claire market, pubs, restaurants, bars.

BTW if you're coming for Stampede in July expect all rates everywhere in the city to double, if you can even get a room at all. All downtown hotels would have been sold out a long time ago for stampede. I work at Hyatt so i'm not just talking smack, hope it helps.

My Ride
    97 civic coupe

If you are looking to get a room for $130-$150, then I wouldn't recommend trying a hotel downtown. All hotels downtown will be selling their rooms for rack rates (300+) unless you book using travel websites.

Even hotels not in the downtown area will try to sell their rooms for rack rates because of Stampede. Good luck trying to find a decent hotel anywhere in Calgary in July. I assure you most hotels are already sold out.

Oh, expect to prepay as well.

I work reservation at a downtown hotels so....

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

cecil is in that range....and its right downtown.
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

Check out the Palliser, they have rooms that arnt overly expensive.

My Ride
    07 R6, 12 Ralliart

haha i work at the palliser and again it depends what you book through but we arn't that cheap :P and if your coming during stampede week i wouldn't be suprised if were already sold out. If we aren't you'll be paying a pretty penny to stay here

Default Re: Hotels in Calgary

Originally posted by 95gtchick
    Hello

My husband and I are planning a trip to Alberta for this July, we're staying in Edmonton for 3 nights (already got that booked) and we're looking to stay a night or two in Calgary. What are some decent hotels for less than $130-140/night? What's a good area in Calgary? What are some good things to do? I've driven through Calgary before, but never actually stayed, or done anything.

Thanks in advance

-Krysten

Check out Tripavisor.com .
    Also , Somewhere on this their site you'll read about a phenomena that is becoming quite common nowadays , where 'net bookings ' that seem secure ( you're given a reservation number , etc . ) really aren't . Folks have been complaining that when they get to the frontdesk , the hotels all of a sudden pull a " opps , your reservation didn't come thru and we're fully booked , so sorry " type of deal . The site reccommends using the phone , talking to the real person and calling before you leave home to reverify , just as a precaution .

One more thing . You may want to check out some other small towns near Calgary , or even the Hostel . Good luck .

Originally posted by ninspeed
    cecil is in that range....and its right downtown.
    I second that.

My Ride
    12 TL

uhh theres Calgary 5 Downtown Suites... for like.... a 900 sqr ft room its like.. 190 a night and its got its own kitchen and living room. Its like approximately the size of a.... smalll houses top flooor

Is CGY 5 the green and white one downtown? Used to have an Office depot right beside?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-31-2020 at 02:35 AM.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

I use to work there as a Conceirge (5 Calgary)
    5 Calgary used to be the Hawthorn Suites so all their rooms are suites.
    That doesn't neccesarily mean its gonna be the greatest quality though, the rooms there actually fairly old. But if you're looking for cheap and for the best bang for your money, the suites aren't too bad. You get a lot of space in your room, perfect for when you travel with family and friends.

Have you also tried Delta Hotel? Their rates are around that range. I use to work there as well, same position.

How about all the ones on Barlow Trail??

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

We're not coming for the stampede, we're staying in Edmonton for 3 nights previous to this and just coming back home through Calgary and were just looking to stay a couple of nights since neither of us have ever stayed in Calgary. I'll check in to some of the things you guys have suggested.

Thanks a bunch!
    2006 Civic Si
    Habanero Red

Well, if you are driving, then you may want to check out the Motels in Motel Village, there's the travelodge, Hampton Inn & Suites, etc. The C-train is right across the street and is about 10 min ride in. I haven't really stayed at these recently but some of the newer ones are supposed to be good. There's also a bunch of restaurants that are nearby too. i.e. Red Lobster, Denny's, BPs, Phil's, etc. Hope this helps.

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Sweet, thanks. Right now we're looking at a holiday inn... i forget which street it's on though. But it's $125/night. Thanks though!

What are some good things to do in Calgary (we're not so much into the club scene... but more tourism-ish stuff )

Thanks guys
    2006 Civic Si
    Habanero Red

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast