Quantcast
brake pad seperating from caliper - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: brake pad seperating from caliper

My Ride
    Audi

Default brake pad seperating from caliper

Two weeks ago, my girlfriend apparently hit something on deerfoot which consquently bent her rim, and blew out her tire. The dealership she purchased it from would not warranty it, but that much is obvious.

Yesterday, her brake pad SEPERATED from her caliper, yes, her brake pad is now missing and presumed to be somewhere on deerfoot between Calgary and Airdrie. In addition, there is a big gouge in the rotor (obviously from her using the brakes w/o a brake pad). This is the same corner of the car as the bent rim.

I am worried that the dealership is not going to warranty it, they have already said that there are too many 'coincidences' to overlook. I understand that they are only covering their bases, however I can not see why a brake pad would seperate from a caliper for any reason other then mechanical failure. People involved in collisions or bend their rims running over giant potholes do not see this happen (yes there are other things that can happen, but a brake pad seperating? What did they use to keep it on, bubble gum??).

If anyone has any thoughts it would be GREATLY appreciated.

My Ride
    a wrx.

the pads arent really attached that tightly to the caliper...u slide it in a certain way and theres a small clippy thing to hold it in...i can see how it would fall out if it was jarred with enough force.

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

take it to another dealership first.. but most likey they will see online that you have had dammag (cuas the other dealership will have writen that on a workorder)
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    Audi

Well they warrantied it! They said it was because the E-Brake cable was malfunctioning and locking the calipers. Thats what caused the pad to come off the car. kudos to sunridge nissan service dept.