Quantcast
UEFA Champions League Final Milan V Liverpool - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: UEFA Champions League Final Milan V Liverpool

My Ride
    1995 Audi 90

Default UEFA Champions League Final Milan V Liverpool

Looks like the two tribes were at it again this final, and i gotta say it was an amazing game. This is AC Milans 7th Champions League trophy, and quite honestly they deserved it. It was so fast paced and brilliant, and personally I think Kaka had a lot to do with them getting there, he was always aware of the best move, and where the best place would be to put the ball.I would have loved to see Man.U in the final but still two classic rivalries, was fun to watch. All in all tho, both teams played greatly. Any other soccer fans wanna give some feedback on the final?

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

I'm glad Liverpool lost (Man Utd fan here) but AC Milan didn't deserve it, Liverpool definitely out played them, Milan just got lucky. But all in all I'm happy because Liverpool lost, muahahah.

My Ride
    Honda

Liverpool > Milan

Liverpool is the new Red Devils. I've been saying that for almost 3 years now.
    The league was incredibly exciting this year. I thought all the teams represented well, though I expected more from some (Barcelona, Chelsea). I'm always confused at how Liverpool manages to do well in these situations. Seems like they only know how to cook under pressure. Liverpool deserved the Cup in my opinion.

ps: Zdravo covek, jasam Srpski isto

My Ride
    TL

After watching this game, I was disappointed that Liverpool controlled the midfield so much. They just choked the life out of any offense buildup that Milan tried. Man of the Match to me was Mascherano, unlucky for him that he was sacrificed for more offense in the second half. He is the primary reason that Kaka didn't do much during the game. Sure he made that nice spin move and then setup Inzaghi on the second goal, but not the Kaka that we saw leading up to this game.

If Liverpool actually tried to play Milan straight up like Man. Poo, then it would have been a similar type of beat down.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Ref was very poor. Shortened the game and I don't know about that first Milan goal. I don't think I would have allowed it.

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by Aleks
    Ref was very poor. Shortened the game and I don't know about that first Milan goal. I don't think I would have allowed it.
    That first Milan goal was so close. I watched a million replays and it could go either way imo. Depending on the angle and the ref had to make a split second decision, same thing with the linemen (probably couldn't get that angle).

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

forza Milan.

Kaka is the best player in the world and commands the best midfield core in european football with Gattuso, Pirlo and Seedorf.

this match was typical Italian football - defending well and catching the opponent on the counter attack or set piece.

Liverpool did control the midfield possession very well, but as I mentioned before, this was Milan's gameplan. It does not mean Liverpool outplayed Milan. It's not how much posession you have, it's what you do with the ball.

Inzaghi doesn't have any flair and isn't even particularly physically gifted as a striker (not that fast, not tall, not a strong)...but he is one of those lucky guys who is always in the right place at the right time and is a great finisher.
    Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 05-24-2007 at 03:34 PM.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

When Liverpool scored their goal with 2 minutes to injury, man did I want them to step up again. Could you imagine another final where Liverpool comes back from out of nowhere, forces extra time/penalties and wins? AC Milan would just lose it, and I think there would be quite the riot in Italy.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Yeah I was hoping Liverpool will get another goal too.....
    but nice pass by Kaka

My Ride
    1995 Audi 90

Originally posted by ninjak84
    Liverpool > Milan

Liverpool is the new Red Devils. I've been saying that for almost 3 years now.
    The league was incredibly exciting this year. I thought all the teams represented well, though I expected more from some (Barcelona, Chelsea). I'm always confused at how Liverpool manages to do well in these situations. Seems like they only know how to cook under pressure. Liverpool deserved the Cup in my opinion.

ps: Zdravo covek, jasam Srpski isto
    I agree i was really hoping, and expecting for Barca. to make a large impact this year but they dropped out way too soon.