Quantcast
Michael Jordan: Definition of love - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jordan: Definition of love

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Default Michael Jordan: Definition of love

This may or may not be a repost, I did a search and got nothing, it could be possibly because this video is old. I just thought I'd post it again to inspire basketball players out there.

He's still the greatest basketball player of all time.

Oh remember the Jordan 11 commercial? That was the best basketball shoe commercial and the best basketball shoes of all time in my opinion. It gives me chills and just pure inspiration watching these videos. ENJOY!

Last edited by JordanAndrew; 04-10-2007 at 11:30 PM.

My Ride

Updated, finally learned how to use the you tube link.. haha I'm such a newbie.

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

Man after he retired I stop watching the NBA

My Ride

Yeah I was pretty much the same thing, I didn't watch NBA for the longest time after he retired from the NBA. I'm just really starting to like NBA again with these new players like Lebron James.

when i first came to canada,

michael jordans' "SHOT" was the first NBA game i ever saw.

in utah, pushing russel aside and being statuesque.

never was i the same again.

My Ride

^^^ Where were you from? Michael Jordan's name is known everywhere accross the world, I'm surprised you didn't get to watch him before that shot.

That was his last shot as a Chicago Bull player when he was at his prime best. After that it was downhill, even when he played at the Washington Wizards. Don't get me wrong, he was still good and making a lot of points, but he wasn't the same Jordan we knew from back in the day.

totally forgot about this thread =/

i moved to canada from england.

your highly unlikely to find out about something unless its the superbowl or the championship games and whatnot. the monday papers are always about which footballer beat the shit outta his wife, while drunk, and how he sneaks through the cracks of the justice system.

i was a kid back then, so all my focus was directed towards football(soccer) and i was pretty damn good too, got an invite to a school but i couldn't go cuz i had to move here.

i suck now though really bad.

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    Civic

Default Re: Michael Jordan: Definition of love

Originally posted by JordanAndrew

This may or may not be a repost, I did a search and got nothing, it could be possibly because this video is old. I just thought I'd post it again to inspire basketball players out there.

He's still the greatest basketball player of all time.

Oh remember the Jordan 11 commercial? That was the best basketball shoe commercial and the best basketball shoes of all time in my opinion. It gives me chills and just pure inspiration watching these videos. ENJOY!

I Know its just a typo Jord, but that is the Jordan 12 man, Jordan 11 are much nicer kicks then that!

And i know you all didnt just stop watching the NBA. Basketball is Basketball, there is always a good player. But Mark my workds, Lebron James will be the Greates Player ever to play when he retires.
    C-23-H

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Michael Jordan: Definition of love

Originally posted by jumperman8

I Know its just a typo Jord, but that is the Jordan 12 man, Jordan 11 are much nicer kicks then that!

And i know you all didnt just stop watching the NBA. Basketball is Basketball, there is always a good player. But Mark my workds, Lebron James will be the Greates Player ever to play when he retires.

Hhaha yeah you're right Cody, they are the Jordan 12's, not 11. I was gonna change that but I was too lazy to do it. Jordan 11's were ok, too flashy for me with the shiny part of it, but still very nice.

As for Lebron, he may or may not replace the title of greatest basketball player in the world, I guess we'll just have to see. But as far as I know, my CURRENT STATEMENT is in fact correct.

C'mon now man, I know you're an MJ fan too, with the user name and your Jersey number as well (I think Lebron James has that number too, what a coincidence.. HMM I wonder where he got his inspiration...LOL)

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

^ his potential doesnt lie in playing like jordan. he's more like magic or oscar robertson
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

^ Well put.

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Michael Jordan: Definition of love

Originally posted by jumperman8

But Mark my workds, Lebron James will be the Greates Player ever to play when he retires.
    He'll have to learn how to hit a big shot first. Its one thing to have the size and skills, its another to be able to use them when the game is on the line. Kobe and Wade love having the ball in the dying seconds, Lebron seems afraid to have it come down to his last shot.. he should be, I dont know the stats but he's not very good with the game on the line.

Everyone hates on him, but in the league right now, Kobe is by far the most talented player in the league. He plays for a bad team and gets triple teamed most the game, yet he's dropping 50+ regularily.

My Ride

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
    ^ his potential doesnt lie in playing like jordan. he's more like magic or oscar robertson
    Magic and Oscar both made everyone around them better in a Steve Nash kind of way, Lebron defenately does not.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Jordan had poise, very few players nowadays have that. Take a look at Coach John Wooden's pyramid of success and every part of that pyramid Jordan had the best of. Nobody in todays NBA has the love and passion that the players had 10+ years ago. Its all about money and shoe deals. No one competes with the intensity that Jordan did in the days while he still played with the Bulls.

College bball will always be more interesting and entertaining to watch because they are all trying to make it into the NBA so they are all competative and fighting for something. Personally i think the NBA is garbage nowadays.

My Ride

Originally posted by adidas
    Its all about money and shoe deals. No one competes with the intensity that Jordan did in the days while he still played with the Bulls.
    Wade dislocated his shoulder and despite the team Dr's saying he needed surgery, he sucked up the pain, rehabilitated and postponed surgery til the summer. He already has the shoe deals, the millions and the championship ring. I was watching one of his first games back and despite having a cast and a bum shoulder, he was driving to the hoop and playing D harder than anyone else. There is still a few guys kicking in the league that are worth watching.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by 5hift

There is still a few guys kicking in the league that are worth watching.
    out of 350 or so NBA players, maybe 5 of them play for the love of the game.

My Ride

Wade dislocated his shoulder and despite the team Dr's saying he needed surgery, he sucked up the pain, rehabilitated and postponed surgery til the summer. He already has the shoe deals, the millions and the championship ring. I was watching one of his first games back and despite having a cast and a bum shoulder, he was driving to the hoop and playing D harder than anyone else. There is still a few guys kicking in the league that are worth watching.
    Agreed, Dwane Wade impresses me for the fact that he's not cocky about getting points, recognitions, a championship, etc. He is definitely one of the hardest working basketball in NBA right now.

I also like watching the Suns and Mavericks play because they actually use their team to win games, not just depending one a single player like a Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.

The biggest shock this year for me is the Raptors. Hard work pays off as I always say.

My Ride
    Village Bike

Default Re: Re: Re: Michael Jordan: Definition of love

Everyone hates on him, but in the league right now, Kobe is by far the most talented player in the league. He plays for a bad team and gets triple teamed most the game, yet he's dropping 50+ regularily.
    50+ regularly shouldn't be too hard to achieve when you take 40+ shots a game (usually about half or more of the teams total shots).
    Between anarchy and calm, there is a door marked supplies.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

like some others have stated, i stopped watching nba when jordan left. Its amazing how you can love the game so much one day and stop watching the next. Jorday was by far the best player to ever play the game, its all downhill from here I think. I haven't watched an NBA game since that allstar game (his last ever) where he had the big shot to put the his team up in the last few seconds of the game, yet some asshole tied it and put in into OT and then won in OT, killing Jordans perfect final shot of his career (in an allstar game)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast