Quantcast
PC Mastercard Compromised - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: PC Mastercard Compromised

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Default PC Mastercard Compromised

So get this. I try to use my PC Mastercard, and the clerk tells me there is some message saying I have to call them. So I call them up, and they said the card was cancelled. I asked them why the hell they did that and they said that there was a merchant that was compromised, so any card holders that recently shopped their had their cards cancelled.

So I get a letter in the mail yesturday saying that it will be cancelled on April 17th and my new card will arrive on May 4th. I call them up, and they said that since my card was already cancelled (the day I called them), they will be sending a new card right away, and it should take 7 business days. I asked them what merchant was compromised and they wouldn't tell me. So now I can't use this credit card until I get a new one, plus I have some automatic payments coming out of that card number that I can't change until I get the new card. I do have a different credit card that I can use, but those automatic payments will be a problem. What bothers me is that that the letter said it would be cancelled on April 17th, yet when I tried to use it on Sunday it was already down. I was out of town too, luckily I had another card on me.

Just curious if this anybody else get their card cancelled by PC??? If you do have a PC Mastercard, I'd check with them to make sure they don't unexpectly cancel it when you're trying to use it.

My Ride
    Honda CRV

it wasnt just PC Mastercards...
    it was all Mastercards.
    and the company that had been compromised was : Winners

i had mine come back to me like that too.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Originally posted by DNSDJS
    it wasnt just PC Mastercards...
    it was all Mastercards.
    and the company that had been compromised was : Winners

i had mine come back to me like that too.
    Didn't that happen months ago? I remember it on the news. I don't think we've shopped at Winners within last year or two.

My Ride
    Honda CRV

hahah dont know....but i found out from other ppl that it was Winners.. and that they fcuked things up for everyone.

My Ride
    FX35

I had this happened to me on my PC card half a year ago. I was pissed too at that time like you, but at least you know their card "securities" semi-work.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Winners was compromised and all of their data was taken... what that means is that anyone who has shopped there in the last few years and whose cards are not expired will be getting new cards. It is just PC. It is funny how people complain about a free service.

Personally, I would much rather them cancel my card and send me a new one than have to deal with disputed charges from Nigeria. That is a pain in the ass.

My Ride
    Model S

my pc mastercard is fine, never shopped there though.

Originally posted by GSR2700 ISX
    I had this happened to me on my PC card half a year ago. I was pissed too at that time like you, but at least you know their card "securities" semi-work.
    Exactly, this has happened to me before on my Diner's. Personally, although it can come out of nowhere, I'd rather have the piece of mind knowing that the card number that was compromised was cancelled. I don't rely on my credit cards much for payments though so not having access to one didn't bother me at all. Maybe you should move your auto payments to a bank account/chequing account to minimize the impact of not having access to a card.
    Last edited by Orbie; 04-11-2007 at 09:44 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

PC Mastercard has done this to me 3 times in 4 years. Once for my sister.

I don't mind it since I also carry other credit cards. But it's annoying. But since frauds are their liability, I guess they have to act quick.