Quantcast
Chinese Domestic Market Buick Park Avenue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Domestic Market Buick Park Avenue

Default Chinese Domestic Market Buick Park Avenue

Badge Engineered Zeta RWD platform Holden Statesman

Shanghai General Motors (Shanghai GM) has introduced the newest member of its Buick lineup, the Park Avenue luxury sedan.

Like the affluent New York City boulevard of the same name, Buick's Park Avenue is trendy and luxurious. With its range of advanced technologies and high-grade amenities, not to mention a stylish design that conveys a sense of power and passion, it is representative of traditional American luxury sedans.

"The Park Avenue is the perfect blend of tranquility and power," said Shanghai GM President Ding Lei. "It shows Buick's ability to move with the times while continuing to leverage GM's global resources and our local knowledge. Designed especially for business leaders and other elites, it is a component of our effort to maintain our leadership position in China by addressing the needs of all of our customers."

The Park Avenue is based on GM's new global rear-wheel-drive architecture to ensure a premium driving experience. At 5,175 mm in length, 1,899 mm in width and 1,480 mm in height, and with an impressive 3,009-mm wheelbase, the Park Avenue also offers a highly spacious ride.

The Park Avenue 's genuine leather seats are designed to accommodate people of varying sizes with 8-way power adjustment for the front seats. All seats incorporate a massage function. A high-quality entertainment system with LCD panels and an advanced heating, ventilation and air conditioning system offer the relaxation and comfort that one would expect of a luxury sedan. The Park Avenue 's GPS navigation system contains road information for more than 300 cities in China . The Bluetooth mobile phone system is also available.

Like all Buick products, the Park Avenue offers a high level of safety and peace of mind. It is equipped with the GM Local Area Network (GM-LAN) high-speed communication system, which is based on the top-of-the-line 32-bit 500 kb/second engine control system. W ith a signal transmission speed approaching real-time, information flow from various sensors is instantaneous, enhancing efficiency and safety. Further enhancing safety are six intelligent air bags for the driver and passengers.

The Park Avenue is powered by GM's smooth yet powerful AlloyTec V-6 engine, which accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.8 seconds. The engine control unit features the latest Bosch E77 32-bit ECM processor. With the Remote Engine Start (RES) function, the driver can start the engine up to 20 minutes in advance within 60 meters distance. The RES function also can adjust the temperature inside the car.

Customers have a choice of two engine displacements. The Park Avenue 's 3.6-liter engine generates maximum output of 187kW (250 hp) @ 6,500 rpm and maximum torque of 340 Nm @ 3,200 rpm. Its 2.8-liter engine offers maximum output of 150 kW (201 hp) @ 6,000 rpm and maximum torque of 265 Nm @ 3,000 rpm.

Shanghai GM is offering five Park Avenue variants: the 3.6-liter Flagship, which is priced at RMB 498,800; the 3.6-liter Elite, which is priced at RMB 388,800; the 2.8-liter Luxury, which is priced at RMB 458,800; the 2.8-liter Elite, which is priced at RMB 368,800; and the 2.8-liter Comfort, which is priced at RMB 328,800.
    Last edited by tentacles; 04-12-2007 at 03:09 PM.

My Ride
    FB6

if i'm not reading it wrong, the Chinese name on the plate of the car should translate to "Lincoln Avenue". The car looks nice though

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

that looks pretty damn nice actually.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Wow thats sexy. A sexy buick, who would have thought! Now GM needs to bring that over here!
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    pedals

CDM ftw

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Wow! And I always thought I'd never like an American vehicle. This, this is just beyond words!

Realistically speaking though, things will likely start breaking down after 2-3 years, so we'll see how I feel then.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

Originally posted by realazy
    if i'm not reading it wrong, the Chinese name on the plate of the car should translate to "Lincoln Avenue". The car looks nice though
    ya you read it wrong, lin ying da dao directly translates into forest shadow big path, aka park avenue
    sweet looking car

My Ride
    MK7 R

that shit will look hot VIP'd

My Ride
    CBR600RR

If I were 60 and a golfer......
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Originally posted by dennisaur
    that shit will look hot VIP'd
    Why would you want to make it look like it was 5 years old?

My Ride
    Bicycle

They stole Infiniti's clock!

Originally posted by Xtrema
    They stole Infiniti's clock!
    Who stole it from the original Chrysler 300m.

Wow, a GM product I actually like. Once again, too bad Zeta's dead.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

wow, nice to see Buick is stepping up their game, took long enough already, my Dad's '97 LeSabre sucks towards egronomics and interior looks. Good to see the new ones are looking as good as they are
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Wow @ headlamp washer spray.

My dad's 2006 LeSabre looks too "old-man".. This is pretty nice..

My Ride
    '98 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Originally posted by triver525
    Wow, a GM product I actually like. Once again, too bad Zeta's dead.
    Isn't it only dead in the states? This car is so damn I hate the fact that GM is so intent on not bringing the nicest cars to NA (besides the Sky, Corvette and Aura (yeah I like the Aura :P)), wtf is their home dammit! I want Holdens (don't mind re-badging) and this mostly, GTO was a start, then the G8, we need more though

Originally posted by mo_money2supe
    Wow! And I always thought I'd never like an American vehicle. This, this is just beyond words!

Realistically speaking though, things will likely start breaking down after 2-3 years, so we'll see how I feel then.
    Realistically speaking i have a 97 saturn with 240,xxx kms and it had less problems than my 89 integra w/ only 180,xxx kms. Actually... the only problem i've had w/ my saturn, EVER, was just replacing the breaks because they started squeeking.

Domestics arent as bad as everybody thinks they are
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    '98 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Realistically speaking i have a 97 saturn with 240,xxx kms and it had less problems than my 89 integra w/ only 180,xxx kms. Actually... the only problem i've had w/ my saturn, EVER, was just replacing the breaks because they started squeeking.

Domestics arent as bad as everybody thinks they are
    QFT

I make a lot of fun of domestics, and usually recommend Japanese cars but domestic cars aren't all that bad. Of course there are a few that are really good too, but I've become so accustomed to the bashing that I do it instinctively now (as I'm sure he did too ). Well, Ford doesn't count in the not that bad group. . . all their vehicles are AMAZING

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

403Gemini, I have a 1999 Saturn SL2 as a winter car, its been in my family since new, it now has 268k on the odometer, and has YET to breakdown. I love it to bits, its the most reliable car I've ever owned.

I used to be a JDM fanboy for the longest time: only to spend $30k in unscheduled maintenence & repairs, over a 7 year period on 4 seperate Jap cars, and I'll never touch another one. talk about being over-rated.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast