Quantcast
How long did it to receive your passport? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How long did it to receive your passport?

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Question How long did it to receive your passport?

So how long did it take for you passport to come in the mail? I went with the "drop off" route which meant less lineup time at the Harry Hays but it would take a bit longer to get here. Unfortunately it's been about 9 weeks now so about 43 business days excluding stat holidays. I'm starting to get anxious since I need it soon. I've tried calling the Passport Canada hotline but it's always busy. So how long was your wait?

My Ride
    ST205

it was on the website that said upwards of 10 weeks to process
    I lined up at the south passport location 2 weeks ago. hopefully i'll get it in June, early July.

Good luck with yours

My Ride
    2000 323i

You should have simply gone with a travel itinerary, and complete the application online. You'd have to wait in the first line, but then you get bumped up and get through quickly. They'll simply get it to you on time that way.
    Mike

My Ride
    2003 Celica GT

I Lined up in March 7th
    and received it by
    March 28th

I ended up standing in line for approx. an hour and a half (Arrived at 7:45 AM during the week). It took between 3 and 4 weeks to arrive. I put in the application about 2 months ago and got the passport about a month ago.

I was kind of shocked when the lady told me it would only take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive, so I asked her what all the buzz was with all the 10 weeks or long arrival times everyone is saying. She said the media seems to hype it up, and the longer times are usually for when people are mailing the passports in, instead of standing in line to process the application. People hear 10 weeks for application processing, and they assume its for every type of way to get the application, not just through the mail in process.

FYI: At the time I was putting in my application, everyone besides the passport people, were saying it would take 8 to 10 weeks for processing, but as mentioned it only took 3 to 4 weeks.

I know this does not appear to help you out, as it has already been a very long time, but for the other that have yet to apply and are curious.

As well, when I was standing in line I saw a girl who had applied for a passport, and they denied it because of a bad picture. They gave her a free pass to budge line when she comes back from getting a new picture. So if you are worried about your passport pictures, it appears the only wait in line is when you actually get in the little waiting room where you can sit down and wait for your number to be called and you wont have to line up all the way down the stairs.

--forced

My Ride
    LCI E90 :-)

1 month

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Yeah mine was around a month or so too for it to arrive, taht was back in November

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Apparently there was a mix-up with the post office. I think it took around 3-4 weeks to process and send out the passport.

So future reference to everyone, if it takes longer than about a month you should make a request as to the status of your application on the Passport Canada website. Even though they try to cover their asses by saying it'll take up to 10 weeks.

2 weeks

shiet i got to get on that now. i have a trip coming in july.!!!

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Took me 3 weeks and I went in march when it was super busy, I was really impressed with the turn around.

My Ride
    '02 protege 5

Guess I should have travelled to a major city and done it in person I mailed mine in priority post Jan 22 they received it Jan 25, and still waiting.......

My Ride
    X3

Sent it in on jan.18 and recieved it last week.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Online is the way to go.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

About 3 weeks, did it online.

My Ride
    Jetta

I mailed mine in in January just after Christmas and I recieved it last week. I already had a passport and was just getting it renewed. I dont know if that takes a shorter time or not. Regardless a long time.

My Ride
    RX300

do you guys know if it will take longer if i were to go to the newer places that opened??

im thinking about going to the one in Marlborough and i know they have to send it back DT to get it process but is it the same routine? or do i just drop it there and off i go or would it be the same where i have to wait in line.. go in the room and all that jazz??
    trying is the first step towards failure

Completed form online, waited at passport office for 15 minutes to hand it in. Received it in 3 weeks.

My Ride
    2015 Lexus RX350

Originally posted by saiyajin
    do you guys know if it will take longer if i were to go to the newer places that opened??

im thinking about going to the one in Marlborough and i know they have to send it back DT to get it process but is it the same routine? or do i just drop it there and off i go or would it be the same where i have to wait in line.. go in the room and all that jazz??
    I went to the new one on Crowchild...

Stood in line, talked to the front desk lady who took a quick glance to make sure all documents were there.

Then I had to wait about 30 minutes for someone to call me to the back. She checked all documents to make sure everything was correct.

I paid and left. In and out in 45 minutes.

Was advised I might have to wait until June 29th the latest for it to arrive (it won't take that long)

My Ride
    12 TL

where abouts do you go to do the form online?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast