Quantcast
Why did you go into a health related field? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you go into a health related field?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Why did you go into a health related field?

This is definately aimed at people like GTS_Jeff and misnamed (or whatever his nic is), but I'm really curious.

Why did you decided to go into a health related field? I mean, you're subjecting yourself to many years of school, and massive amounts of debt right? A desire to heal? To get the chics? For the mad ca$h? What fields did you choose, and why?

This is not intended as a potshot or a setup, I truly am wondering about this.

Thanks.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride

Totally trolling, unbelievable trolling.

Besides! EVERYONE on beyond knows that Jeff is in nutriton anyway.

My Ride

What do you mean trolling? And isn't nutrition a health related field?

Hey, I understand why people go into technology, or engineering, or business... but I don't have any real exposure to people in the health sciences in a social aspect. I had some time to kill on the bus on the way home today so while daydreaming this crossed my mind and I thought I'd ask someone who would probably know.
    Last edited by codetrap; 04-19-2007 at 06:35 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

"To help people"

My Ride
    a wrx.

Aboriginal Dietitians combine traditional cultural knowledge with the science of nutrition to promote health. They play a key role in helping Aboriginal communities to improve their knowledge of nutrition and to better understand how to make healthy food choices to promote health.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

may be thats why you ride the bus and they drive nice cars

My Ride

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    may be thats why you ride the bus and they drive nice cars
    Heh, I ride the bus because it's the environmentally responsible thing to do until it gets warm enough that I can comfortably start riding my mtn bike to work. Not to mention it's significantly more cost effective than paying for parking downtown, as well as keeps my insurance costs and vehicle costs down.

All that, and I get to have two 40 minute study periods every day to work on my BSc.

xrayvsn, really?

Jeff,
    Sounds pretty interesting. Why did you choose to follow that path?

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by codetrap
    Jeff,
    Sounds pretty interesting. Why did you choose to follow that path?
    When I was young, my nohkom (cree grandmother) told me I had a great gift, or great power in cree. I realized that with this great power, comes great responsibility. The First Nations people of Canada face many health issues, and I would argue that their dietary habits are the most severe issue. For example, the incidence type 2 diabetes is very high amongst the abidiginal peoples, which is mainly due to a poor diet. I believe that poor diet is a result of lack of education - and this is where Aboriginal Dieticians fit in. We can give sound nutritional counselling to the people most in need, and make a difference to the community.

My Ride
    the batmobile

N8ive pride yo, glad to see you do something for the community jeff

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Good to know there are aboriginals like Jeff trying to make a better name for themselves.
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 04-20-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY > ALL

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Police

yeah tell them to stop drinking listerine and hair spray, thats a start.
    That's totally inappropriate and uncalled for. Substance abuse is a very serious problem in the aboriginal community and disparaging remarks such as yours only perpetuate the problem by making a farce of the situation.

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    That's totally inappropriate and uncalled for. Substance abuse is a very serious problem in the aboriginal community and disparaging remarks such as yours only perpetuate the problem by making a farce of the situation.

My Ride

*sigh*

I really didn't intend for this threat to turn into a troll fest.

GTS_Jeff, is it true that type 2 can be mitigated by simply getting in shape and healthier? I'm asking because my old man has it, and got it when he got the santa shape.

*sigh*

I really didn't intend for this threat to turn into a troll fest.

GTS_Jeff, is it true that type 2 can be mitigated by simply getting in shape and healthier? I'm asking because my old man has it, and got it when he got the santa shape.
    Yeah you bet, diet and exercise is the first line treatment for Type 2.
    As for your original question...you have to remember that not all health care professions are glamorous, nor do they require "years" of schooling, or give you "mad cash"....that is more along the lines of a physician etc.
    For me personally, I went into health care simply because I love learning about the human body, pathologies and how it present clinically....plus, dealing with people and helping them achieve their health care goals is a plus.

Oopps! Posted under wrong account!!!!

My Ride
    a wrx.

For the most part, yes. Current research says that some people have a genetic predisposition to T2DM, but that is aggrevated by poor diet and exercise. They're not quite sure on the details, but the jist of it is that chronic high blood fat levels make the body's cells resistant to the hormone insulin. Deal with the excess fat, and the diabetes goes away. Simple.

T2DM is also a far worse disease than most people think. Your risk of a heart attack is the same as someone who has already had a heart attack in the past, plus all sorts of crazy shit happens to your nervous system. Google up "diabetic foot" and you'll see all sorts of stuff about gangrene and the patient not knowing it.

thats the biggest dickhead comment, have some respect and shut your mouth man. Its comments like that which encourage stereotypes and discrimination. People of all races, and religions have problems with substance abuse and other associated problems which have been discussed in this thread. For you to say something like that is so pigheaded.

Think before you post. If you realize your wrong maybe you could take the high road and retract that statement and apologize. Hopefully you'll realize that being a bigot isn't cool and just makes people think less of you.

My Ride
    pedals

BAN says I, racism is racism, if this was about asians or brown peeps he would be GONE

My Ride
    FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY > ALL

Originally posted by pepschnops

thats the biggest dickhead comment, have some respect and shut your mouth man. Its comments like that which encourage stereotypes and discrimination. People of all races, and religions have problems with substance abuse and other associated problems which have been discussed in this thread. For you to say something like that is so pigheaded.

Think before you post. If you realize your wrong maybe you could take the high road and retract that statement and apologize. Hopefully you'll realize that being a bigot isn't cool and just makes people think less of you.
    stfu buddy, i said that because that shits bad for you and i see them drinking that shit all the time.

How is that stereotyping when its a true fact that they CHOOSE to abuse mouthwash and cleaning products, go to downtown and look at the person is who is chugging down a bottle or Listerine or sniffing glue and then look at what racial background they are. I'm not making fun of them just making a statement. So before you jump the discrimination gun, YOU should think before you post.
    And don't try to lecture me on substance abuse, you don't know nearly enough. Its one thing to abuse substances when you have mental illnesses such as depression, or schizophrenia etc but most of these guys are just broke ass scums milking our system.

"
    BAN says I, racism is racism, if this was about asians or brown peeps he would be GONE"

hjr go get a dictionary, look up "racism", and then point out where i made a racist remark that was pertaining to a certain race, that is subject to hatred or superiority doctrine towards another race. Then go eat dick you high school kid.
    Last edited by Police; 04-20-2007 at 10:22 PM.

My Ride

Yah, you are a fucking racist.

You know who drinks listerine and lysol? HOMELESS people! It's because of assholes like you that the majority of homeless people are indians.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast