Quantcast
Bike Tricks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Tricks

My Ride
    Ricer

Question Bike Tricks

i know its bad to do trick/ stupid stunts on the bike.. but how do u do wheelies and endo's and stuff??

and does anyone that ride a bike do that stuff???

first, jump off a bridge and stuff.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

i do it on dirt bikes. try here there is a stunting forum.

www.sportbikes.net

you should try one particular trick NO - ONE dares attempt!

it's called the T A N K S L A P P E R

that'll make everyone want to be like you.

My Ride
    2010 Genesis Coupe

you guys are mean...

dont do tricks on a bike unless you want me to come to your funeral.

just a word of warning, ive seen guys get paralized when they pulled a wheelie and the bike came over on top of them.
    one guy, about 3 years ago,
    he couldnt get out from under the bike in time, and he was riding a hayabusa.
    500 odd pounds came down on top of him, shattered his rib cage, drove a rib through his left lung, two ribs through his right lung.
    his spine was broken in four places, his pelvis shattered, and the bike crushed his helmet enough to give him brain damage.

i think he got out of hospital just recently, his mom feeds him and takes him for walks on a leash now.

and thats why tricks are stupid.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

On the other hand, I've known people to loop it and come out fine, no injuries at all. Luck of the draw I guess!!
    Bought not built!

so basicly the hole saying here is be safe and make sure you no what the hell you are doing before you do it.
    WOOOT

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Yep!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Sooo back to the original question - what's a safe way to learn how to wheelie? Not like you can do it on the grass, or use training wheels. :P

Khyron

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

take wight off the front tire and give it gas, endo push the front brake, didnt u ever ride a bmx or anything??

My Ride

I did the BMX thing (still have one) and could catwalk for blocks at a time. Could bunny hop a few feet too. Doesn't quite work the same on a zx6r.

But yah, I've played with braking and pushing down hard on the front forks to get some shock compression, then gas it hard as the shocks push back (and pull back my weight as well) - I just end up going really fast. I know you need more than 600 to pop front wheels at will without really accelerating, but I'd like to be able to do it.

Btw, when I was learning on the bmx, I popped the bike up too far and ended up on my feet walking the bike many many times. I don't really want to try that with a motorcycle.

Khyron

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

if you do a little l-r-l weave before you hit the power to load up the suspension a little it should come up fine. you have to kinda time the weave with the power.
    This sounds wierd but when you see someone do it it makes sense.

Another way I've done wheelies on a 600 is to hold it leaned over in a corner a little longer than usual, then right at the point where you would normally be up n' down YANK the bike straight up and nail it at the same time. This one took me a while to get, and I'm still not very good at it.

The bottom line is that there is absolutely no way to practice this shit safely on a streetbike, and every time you try this stuff your risking severe injury or death, I can't emphasize that enough.
    Bought not built!

i heard when ur doin wheelies... u rev it up to around like 5.. then release the throttle,, then gun the trottle again and pull and stuff. haha i dunno.
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride

Originally posted by kevie88
    if you do a little l-r-l weave before you hit the power to load up the suspension a little it should come up fine. you have to kinda time the weave with the power.
    This sounds wierd but when you see someone do it it makes sense.

Another way I've done wheelies on a 600 is to hold it leaned over in a corner a little longer than usual, then right at the point where you would normally be up n' down YANK the bike straight up and nail it at the same time. This one took me a while to get, and I'm still not very good at it.

The bottom line is that there is absolutely no way to practice this shit safely on a streetbike, and every time you try this stuff your risking severe injury or death, I can't emphasize that enough.
    Yah I'm aware about the danger - hence going realllllll slow (had bike for 2 years, still haven't lifted front wheel). Weaving sounds dangerous - seen quite a few rear wheel wobble crashes...

Khyron

Originally posted by Khyron
    Sooo back to the original question - what's a safe way to learn how to wheelie? Not like you can do it on the grass, or use training wheels. :P

Khyron
    i read about a wheelie school i think in cali. in a magazine of mine ill go look for it in a bit

My Ride
    2004 SRT-4

Yesterday was the second time for me on a bike and I had a pretty good catwalk goin on, just scared the shit out of me and when the tire came back and met the road I slammed into the gas tank. Very unprepared for that!!!!!!
    Mike~~SRT-4

My Ride
    2005 STI Borg Warner turbo, Widebody

How to wheelie a 600

first off the less you do the better, don't pull on the bars, the less you have to do the safer, let the bike do the work for you. A 600 has more than enough power to bring the front wheel up. If it ain't coming up then you're doing it wrong. Read this again and try again.

go down a open, long stretch of road

be in 1st Gear

be in your power band(10,000-10,500 rpm) will do fine, maybe more to start.

hold the tank firmly with your legs

have a relaxed grip on the bars

shift your weight to the back of the bike, or as far back as is comfy for yourself.

NOW FOR THE FUN PART

be in the power band(10,500RPM)

hold it there,

now roll(snap) of the gas fast, and snap it back on. This action should be done really fast. The purpose is to preload your shocks, and then by the time your snapping the gas back on the shocks are rebounding.

THERE YOU GO, A HOW TO WHEELIE

if the front didn't come up, then read this and TRY, TRY again.
    you will naturally lean forward and put the front tire right back to the ground as soon as you feel it coming up, it's natural to do so.
    So just keep practicing.

I am not responsible for any faults that occur when doing this

Peace, James

My Ride
    Ricer

NICE... good stuff

My Ride
    94' Terd

i worked with this guy once who said if he dropped it into first going 125 he could wheelie for like km....

too bad he got hit by a car before he could show me but yeah... he rode like an idiot...

To pull a wheelie all you have to do is get on it and crack open the throttle the bike will do the best. Just make sure you balance yourself. To pull an endo get going a little bit and then slam on your front brakes and lean forward, but not too hard or you will flip. I used to do that stuff. I had a 93 GSXR 750. Nice fast. Until I laid it down in a clover leaf, I was going about 90 mph into it and misjudged it. Laid it down. I used to have the full racing body suit so I was ok. But my suit got all fucked up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast