Quantcast
What the hell EK 2.0? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What the hell EK 2.0?

Default What the hell EK 2.0?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/174195/be...cycle-helmets/

Nice one I guess?

Care to explain why you ban hammered the two?

Although what they posted DID NOT belong in that thread they do bring up a valid point about the double standards present here in Canada. More of this is evident in my other thread which can be found here.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/169613/in...sets-of-laws-/

The fact you ban hammered Deibs for showing support on an opinion contrary to you own belief (which is self present as you banned them both) is contrary to what you posted yourself, and I quote:

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    Hmmmm, I looked out my window this morning and I thought I was in Canada....not the Third Reich in Germany...

Here in Canada we respect each others or learn to adapt (or argue about it on the internet ). Perhaps you can start by unbanning them both and contribute to a thread about double standards.

Last edited by Toms-SC; 04-26-2007 at 04:18 PM.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Mandatory disclaimer:

- Toms-SC is not racist
    - Toms-SC is not claiming to be better than any other race
    - Toms-SC is not picking on said race in question
    - Toms-SC is a neutral entity
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

There are double standards everywhere... even on Beyond.

That native thread has some bad shit that is worse than the motorcycle thread... yet they weren't banned.

For instance, this was in bad taste: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...13#post1937913

Which tells me that on Beyond, it is ok to be racist against Natives, but not any other minority group. I would hate to be native in Canada... or any country for that matter. Ask the Aboriginals how they like Australia. Or the non-Euro Mexicans.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Well if you didn't know it before, it's pretty obvious EK 2.0 is a Seik because there is no way that guy gets banned otherwise.

Brutal.

Besides the "Helmets are for pussies part" a pretty valid point was brought up, and he was banned. It IS a little like the 3rd Reich in here isn't it?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

haha, bspot, you better start running, I can see the ban stick coming out... hahahahhahahaha

Originally posted by bspot
    Well if you didn't know it before, it's pretty obvious EK 2.0 is a Seik because there is no way that guy gets banned otherwise.
    i dont think so

My Ride
    VE & S13

Originally posted by bspot
    ahhahahha no hes not a Seik.

Originally posted by benyl
    There are double standards everywhere... even on Beyond.

I understand this.

I have been on beyond for a very long time and this is the first time I have seen such a 'hate ban'. The Political area is suppose to be used for a an area to vent your feelings/ideas/thoughts (I'm not including ticket threads ) without a big fear of ramification if somebody disagrees with you. Although I kid about it LOTS of good threads get made there to stimulate discussion. The moderation thus has been a perfect near hands off approach. In the case it comes down to political censorship due to a disagreement over a statement.

EK 2.0. You know very well that I am not out to pick on you. But what you have done would be similar to me banning Toma over every 9/11 thread he has made just because I disagree with him.

Un-ban them please.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I agree that a banning was premature. A warning or something to that effect would have easily sufficed. Believing that all citizens should be subject to the same laws is hardly a good reason for banning.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

note to all, beyond is not a democracy, learn to live with it
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

His statement had some truth, but the delivery was poor and had overtones of racism.

The whole Turban/Kirpan debate is interesting, but the dude was out of line in the way he singled out Seiks in a completely unrelated topic (helmets).

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Well:
    If we're going to get banned for stepping on other people's delicate religious toes, I can only assume my days here are numbered.

Let's all just get along and quit discussing anything. After all, discussion leads to debate, and debate leads to conflict, and conflict could wither someone's delicate floral sensibilities...

If this is going to be the new Beyond.ca, then I guess I'd better go get ready: If you'll excuse me I'm off to watch a little Oprah, read a "Chicken Soup..." book, and makesure everyone starts refering to manholes as peopleholes...

Hmmmm, I looked out my window this morning and I thought I was in Canada....not the Third Reich in Germany...
    Perhaps one of you guys should call an ambulance...I think someone is choking on some irony...

Kris

EDIT: After rereading that, I don't think I'll have to worry too much about adapting to the new pussified Beyond, as I doubt I'm welcome.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by Boost Infested

ahhahahha no hes not a Seik.
    Well in that case I'm just plain stumped. Maybe he associates with a lot of them? Seems like a pretty weird ban for someone with no personal stake in the topic.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by finboy
    note to all, beyond is not a democracy, learn to live with it
    This much is true, but if all decisions were final and the mods/admins' views were absolutely paramount, there wouldn't be a Suggestion/Comment Box section, would there?

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

This much is true, but if all decisions were final and the mods/admins' views were absolutely paramount, there wouldn't be a Suggestion/Comment Box section, would there?
    i would guess that this section is more aimed towards suggestions about features of the site then asking about bannings, honestly i've seen way more people get banned for way less on here
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Jasons mom

I too think it was kinda harsh to ban him....altho there was a teeensy bit of racism there....he did make a valid point, and i dont think it was hatred against the religion, but more hate against the double standard that is in place. Everybody should have the right to speak, even if not everybody agree's with them.

my .02

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Justification for bannings DOES not have to be given.

If a mod chooses to ban then he/she does so. The one thing I will NOT stand for is racism. I am NOT "SIKH", however I am brown, and a Muslim at that. So the 9/11 threads you all elude to should tug at my "colour strings" but they do not.

The threads that are posted by Toma for some reason open up intellectual debate (is there even such a thing on beyond??). Whereas their comments were first off, off topic for that thread, as well catalysts for hate IMHO...and really that is all the matters. As stated above beyond is NOT a democracy. If you don't like it then i am sorry...but that is life.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by benyl
    His statement had some truth, but the delivery was poor and had overtones of racism.

The whole Turban/Kirpan debate is interesting, but the dude was out of line in the way he singled out Seiks in a completely unrelated topic (helmets).
    good point, bad delivery
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Justification for bannings DOES not have to be given.
    Nicely played.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Toms-SC

Nicely played.

It doesn't...and I still provided an explanation. And really by all logic, I should really hate Sikh's as I am a Muslim... Not be sticking up for them. But like i mentioned above...I let a LOT of shit on this site slide...but racial remarks will not be tolerated by me.
    ...@therealarifjina...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast