Quantcast
Auburn Bay - Jayman Homes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Auburn Bay - Jayman Homes

Default Auburn Bay - Jayman Homes

Anyone build or building in Auburn Bay?

I am considering a Jayman home out there and just wondering what people thought of the area.

Anyone build with Jayman out in Auburn Bay?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I built with them in Royal Oak. I had thought of Auburn, but it too far from everything I do / go to. Royal Oak is far as well, but closer to the places I go the most.

I like the fact that Jayman builds an efficient home. No OSB on the outside walls, they use pink foam board. My house is so air tight, it isn't even funny.

However, be prepared to have them finish your home after you move in. They are easy to deal with and their after service is excellent.

Also, if you get Chandra at the StyleCenter, ask for someone else. She will not give you a pleasant experience.

How much stuff was finished after you moved in? I know that driveways usually get poured later.

But what else is done late?

I also like the efficient home model too. I find it funny that they also do it at about the same pricepoint as the other builders. The quality of the Jayman showhome far exceeded the other builders in the area (Cedarglen, Cardel and Baywest).

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Door adjustments, paint adjustments, hardwood adjustments. The border on the fireplace, the kitchen cabinets all had to be removed and reinstalled. Grout missing, paint missing in a lot of nooks and crannies. Creeks in the floors.

Nothing big, just a lot of small items.

Exterior... I had no siding, no rock, but had a driveway.

The tile in one of my bathrooms had to be completely ripped out and replaced... I guess the guy who installed it was cockeyed.

I still do not have tape on the garage drywall.

I had to wait an extra 15 days for possession. But I think I was a unique case. Even after all of that, I am happy with Jayman.

Cedarglen can lick my asshole... hahaha

Auburn Bay is going to explode in value once the hospital is completed. There will be a large selection of retail there as well. With the private lake there I could see those property values increasing more than other areas of Calgary.
    I've currently worked on a number of Cedarglen homes there. About the only downside is the constant construction for the next couple of years, and the only one way in/out of the whole subdivision. But you're close to the deerfoot access which is good. Also good east/west access via 22x. Definately a good place to buy/build.

As far as your "cedarglen can lick my asshole" comment , Benyl. I work in both Jayman AND cedarglens. They both build the exact same quality of houses. I've been in Jayman piece of shit condos (prestwick) as well as thier showhomes. They are one and the same. The all have they're low-end homes and high-end homes. What I will say about cedarglens is; I do about 10 of thier homes per month, and I've never seen them let a person move in without siding or missing drywall tape.

Some builders DO build crap but with most of the "big builders" are the same. Its like comparing Ford to GM to Chryslers.
    Last edited by Maddog55; 04-27-2007 at 03:07 PM.