Quantcast
Full Serve Service Stations SUCK! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Full Serve Service Stations SUCK!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default Full Serve Service Stations SUCK!

Okay so I was running late for work today and I pulled into a husky station that was FULL SERVE only. I never use full serve and was unaware that this station had it as I had never been there before.

I no sooner open my door to get out and some clown asks me how much, Convo went as follows:

Me: Thats okay bud I got it.

Tool: No I have it, dont worry brother.

Me: No, I would rather pump my own fuel thanks:

Tool: Unfortunatly I cannot let you do that, its our policy to always help the customer and pump their gas.

Me: Fuck the policy, I'm in a hurry, no need to help me out, I would rather pump my own gas anyways.

Tool: I'm sorry about this but I am required to pump your gas.

Me: Fine, 20 bucks premium please.

I get back in my car and start screwing around with my camera to get a picture of this bozo. He comes back:

Tool: here is your reciept sir, did you want me to check your oil and washer fluid. No thanks, its all good, I gotta run.

I take off.

Not 5 minutes later the car starts sputtering and idling like ass.

I pull up to a stop light and it dies on me.

Me: okay What the FUCK!!!

I try starting my car, it starts for about 5 seconds of broken idle and then dies again.

I start it up again and it maintained an idle, although very coarse. Almost as if I had water in my distributer or something, but its clean and dry.

Light is green, I go.

I look at my gas reciept, the tool put REGULAR in my car. Okay so I'm not impressed.

I was late as it was so I couldn't go back to the service station and raise hell post haste. I limped into work, and now here I am pissed cause my car basically wont start. Not only did I get regular but I think it was a bad batch. I've never had this happen to this severity before as the aftermarket ECU in my car can generally compensate for a bad batch of premium to about 89-90 octane.

Anyone else have this happen to them, I have always been an Anti Full Serve Advocate as it is. Now I will never go to one.
    Travel

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

My friend did it one time in his trans am...the idiot forgot to screw on the cap, we went around a turn off the hwy, pretty damn fast, the gas push the cap off, and we had gas spraying behind us. He was hella pissed...Now he always does it himself.

My Ride
    A Hobo

yes .

fasgas on highway 2 towards red deer .

stopped to put $10 in .. car stalled at a stop light in red deer . then it sounded like a diesel for the rest of the drive . i filled the tank with mohawks' 92 hoping it will help . i also added an octane boost to help ..

it ran like shyte for a few days

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

yeah i always do it myself..can't trust a chimp ya know
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    E90 335i

Ben, I'm with you. I pulled into the Coach Hill Shell back when it was full serve, it was like -25 out that's why I went to it, so I wouldn't have to freeze my ass off There were three meatheads inside chatting like a couple of school girls. They see me pull up, look at me, then keep yammering away. I wait a few minutes, beep my horn, they look, no response. Finally I get out and do it myself, only to finally have one of those dumbasses finally come out and ask if I needed help. I sarcastically pointed out that his place of employment was "full serve" but his imbicile brain could not comprehend the complexity of my statement. Alas, the moral of my story is, avoid meathead gas jockeys!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

I always pump my own gas. A jockey once left a pump on and wandered away from me. Them he tried to charge me for the $5 on gas than ran down the side of my car and all around the pump
    while he chatted to another driver. Thanks chump !!
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

I got some real bad gas at co-op in brentwood mall the other day in my bike(was almost out, had to fill up)

bike didn't want to start, had a shitty idle until it warmed up

when i got home i syphoned the shit out and put it in the lawnmower

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by bol
    I got some real bad gas at co-op in brentwood mall the other day in my bike(was almost out, had to fill up)

bike didn't want to start, had a shitty idle until it warmed up

when i got home i syphoned the shit out and put it in the lawnmower
    haha, yeah, co-op eats ass.

but where am I going to put 30L of siphoned shit grade gasoline? That was my last 20 bucks, and I have no more till thursday.

I HATE FULLSERVE!!!
    Travel

My Ride
    a wrx.

ben, its simple...just retard your timing a bit until u finish this tank of gas. u can just turn the distributor to do this..

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

my distributer requires a 30 dollar tool that I dont have to adjust it, so I'm screwed
    Travel

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Ben
    my distributer requires a 30 dollar tool that I dont have to adjust it, so I'm screwed
    wtf? isnt it a simple scrw or bolt that u just loosen? haha the germans have owned u

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    wtf? isnt it a simple scrw or bolt that u just loosen? haha the germans have owned u

its like that on all the 8V GTI's but the 16V's are a different set up.

heh, dont worry man, I already though of all that, I am indeed OWNED.
    Travel

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

i totally agree with you benny..

last summer i took my dad's audi TT out for a cruise and was filling it up on the way back i pulled into a full-service gas station. I tell the guy to fill it up premium.

so I stand there and just drool at the car (this was the first day we had the car) i look at the little kid as he reaches for the diesel pump and sticks it in the hole. i started yelling and yank it out. "i said PREMIUM, NOT DIESEL" and the kid's like "oh yah.. sorry"

i just grabbed the pump and did it myself. imagine that.. wrecking the engine the very first day we have it.. i dont think my dad would appreciate that.
    2 doors and 4 rings

My Ride
    Apex Predator

That sucks Ben, a long time ago i took the diesel truck i use to drive to Co Op and they put regular gas in it. Luckily noticed and didnt start the truck. They paid for everything though to fix the truck and drain the regular fuel. But even still the truck has never been quite the same. At least I didn't start it though. Never again full serve. nuts to that. bunch of fuckin clowns some of them...

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

My dad sold a TDI Golf to a lady who went and filled it up 2 days later with regular.

Wrecked the entire motor.
    Travel

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by Ben
    My dad sold a TDI Golf to a lady who went and filled it up 2 days later with regular.

Wrecked the entire motor.
    I used to work at a gas station and we had people doing that all the time, either putting gas in a diesel or vice versa. But its ESPECIALLY bad when a staff member did it. You ever want to see a really choked station manager thats a good way to start.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
    I used to work at a gas station and we had people doing that all the time, either putting gas in a diesel or vice versa. But its ESPECIALLY bad when a staff member did it. You ever want to see a really choked station manager thats a good way to start.
    hehe, trust me, you dont want to know what a new TDI motor is worth.
    Travel

My Ride
    Apex Predator

for the truck i use to drive, they paid to have the truck towed to a shop, to have it drained, have everything checked out, and then have it towed back, and a full tank of diesel (like they shoulda done in the first place.) I'm sure its an frequent and expensive problem... In my case i specifically remember saying very clearly what I wanted. They just got a bunch of kids who dont give a shit, and that's what happens.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by Ben

hehe, trust me, you dont want to know what a new TDI motor is worth.
    Can't be much more than the Cummins Turbo Diesel one of our less intelligent staffers decided to fill with gasoline. Suffice to say that guy didn't last long.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    335i

Is that diesel engine warrantied by any chance?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast