Quantcast
GOod Alignment shop, willing to do custom alignments, corner balancing etc - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: GOod Alignment shop, willing to do custom alignments, corner balancing etc

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default GOod Alignment shop, willing to do custom alignments, corner balancing etc

Hey guys.. need to get the car aligned.. who do you all recomend that can do specialty alignments? thanks
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

Do you have special drift settings?

My Ride
    a wrx.

Any alignment shop can do whatever specs you give them. I always tell my alignment shop exactly what I'm looking for. As for corner balancing...well that's a pretty advanced tuning technique that you need very specific goals in mind to make worthwhile.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Phuqu
    Do you have special drift settings?
    Perhaps.. need to talk to Keichi Tsuchiya first
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    project empty wallet... Kouki Monster

Alvin Automotive is your best bet came highly recommended for modified cars

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Any alignment shop can do whatever specs you give them. I always tell my alignment shop exactly what I'm looking for. As for corner balancing...well that's a pretty advanced tuning technique that you need very specific goals in mind to make worthwhile.
    Do you just ask them to put it at a specific camber and toe angle??
    I thought most alignment shop just brings it back to OEM spec?

I took my MSM to Precision Alignment. Awesome machine and they did it to my spec (camber, toe, caster) VERY good price too!

Owner is super nice and just tell him I sent you

Elton

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by HiSpec

Do you just ask them to put it at a specific camber and toe angle??
    I thought most alignment shop just brings it back to OEM spec?
    LOL the people working there aren't slaves bound by magical laws that force them to align to OEM specs. They're real, human, people, much like you and I, and they just look up the OEM specs for whatever car they're doing, then they align to those specs. It is possible for you, as a human being, to interact with other such fellow human beings, by asking them questions, like asking them to align to your specs rather than OEM.

I personally like max castor, -1 camber, and 0 toe on my car.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

hell i am doing my own at my work. still need aftermarket controll arms for what i wanna do though

i don't like alvin automotive even though everyone says they are very good.

i went there twice and both times they didn't even come close to my specs, hell they didnt even match from side to side. They tried to charge me 200 for a custom alignment and blamed worn suspension components for not being to adjust to my specs. the funny thing was i had completely replaced literally every suspension piece on the car.

Oh They also phoned me and said the camber was not adjustable on my car even though i printed directions for them on how to adjust the camber and showed them before i left the car with them... Anyways in the end i went to a small shop and asked them if i could borrow their alignment rack and do my own alignment, i knew the owner and he was fine with it and i got my car aligned perfectly to my own specs.

anyways i dont know a single place in calgary that does good custom alignments i am sure there are a few out there but i happier doing it myself. the only problem is finding an alignment rack to borrow.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I did mine at alvin automotive too, they alligned it good and all, but I told the guy to be careful when getting my car on the ramp as I have very low clearance on the front due to my brand new newly painted facia. What do I see him do, at first he drives around the block to see if it pulls or what not, and then goes almost full speed into the damn shop, scraping my fucking brand new just put on after painting facia against the fucking cement! Lucky for me the facia is not fiber and is poly whatever so it bends and flexes, and the scracthes are on the bottom out of sight (unless you lay down and look you won't see) and then when he was getting on the actual ramp as well he scrathed my sideskirts on the bottom as well, which were also newly painted. I drove the car for a week without getting a single scrath on any of the parts anywhere, knowing that eventually I will scrath the bottom somewhere as it is low, but this tool did it for me in a span of 2 minutes. So if you have a nice car and low profile, tell the fucker to drive it like its his own and not ride in to the shop full speed when there is an incline.