Quantcast
Spiderman 3 **Possible Spoilers** - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 3 **Possible Spoilers**

My Ride
    W213

Default Spiderman 3 **Possible Spoilers**

So I saw the 12:01 showing at Chinook last night. Pretty tired for work today ahaha.

I thought the movie was definitely worth the $12. Whether you want to wait in line to get decent seats is up to you. The movie has a nice blend of action and 'slow' parts. Looking back at it though, it does seem like theres a lack of character development compared to the previous movies. I think this probably has to with Raimi being forced to put Venom in this film. However, he does a nice job with what he was given and ties it all together in the end.

Now about Venom. He doesnt show up until about the last quarter of the movie or so. But the spotlight really does turn to him at the end. I thought the CG was amazing. Not just for Venom but for Sandman also. And for those who worried about Topher Grace's role as Venom, those fears can be casted away. He was absolutely perfect for the role (read that he gained 20lbs in muscle for the film). And Raimi also did an excellent job creating the look of Venom on screen. Venom's time on screen is worth the ticket price alone

Overall I thought it was very well made. Some would say the second film was better and some will say this one was better (probably due to Venom's appearance) but I thought it was good that it doesnt have that 'trilogy curse'

Anyways. I give it a 8.5/10!

My Ride
    240SX

I saw the sneak screening on wednesday as a birthday gift

I loved the movie

Not enough carnage though

is there going to be spider man 4?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

I saw it last night as well and thought that things were a bit rushed in this film, they could have easily taken the plot from this one film and made two out of it, but yeah the movie was worth the money.

It to bad Calgary doesn't have DLP theaters otherwise it would have been a sweet ass watch

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Echo

Originally posted by SkittleFreak
    is there going to be spider man 4?

In an interview with Toby, he said he would not do another sequel if Raimi was not the director.
    2004 Toyota Echo

My Ride
    '98 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Symbiot spiderman is an emo? Even with 20 extra pounds of muscle "Brock" still looks and sounds like a pussy, plus one second he's venom with a new voice, another he's eric forman with a vagina voice. Not to mention that gay american flag shit and the little remorse bit at the end, so much more pissed me off and I don't even remember anything from the original spiderman I hated it, I would've probably liked it if I watched it thinking it was a comedy.

Flamesuit on. . .

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

im with this guy ^^ emo spider man ruined it for me

I was waiting for some AFI to start playing and peter parker to start cutting his wrists.

Anytime he had the black suit on he flipped his hair infront of his face and has eyeliner on.

WTF

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

I agree about the emo spiderman. And the whole dance scene, I thought somebody had just popped that in as a huge joke. Although, maybe thats as evil as Tobey Macguire gets. Hes kind of a babyface...

Also a couple other things. I don't remember how they made sandman die in the comics, but I think they made him waaaay too powerful in the movie.

Harry's snowboard and attire were kind of gay and not really Green Goblinish. When he was looking at the 3 masks, he should have picked the 2nd one.

I thought they did Venom really well. Topher Grace suited the role perfectly. Eddie Brock is a bit of a whiner with lots of power when hes venom.

The american flag part was ridiculous. And right after they panned over the crowd and there were firemen and poliecemen in the crowd. LAME.

Overall I thought it was entertaining though. It definitely does not take itself too seriously.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I am biased as I am a HUGE Spidey fan. And I liked the movie as a Spider-Man flick. But having said that??...When did Parker turn in to Jared Leto??...like WTFBBQ?!?!

Mary Jane HOT as usual...I knew that Harry was gonna do everything he did before going into the movie...gut feeling I guess.

All in all...yeah I would watch it again...and yes I am gonna buy it on DVD when it's released...

I give it...

3 webs out of 5 for Movie

5 webs out of 5 for Effects

2 webs out of 5 for Storyline...For a total of 10 webs out of 15...which EK gives...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    '05 Dinan M3

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    I am biased as I am a HUGE Spidey fan. And I liked the movie as a Spider-Man flick. But having said that??...When did Parker turn in to Jared Leto??...like WTFBBQ?!?!

Mary Jane HOT as usual...I knew that Harry was gonna do everything he did before going into the movie...gut feeling I guess.

All in all...yeah I would watch it again...and yes I am gonna buy it on DVD when it's released...

I give it...

3 webs out of 5 for Movie

5 webs out of 5 for Effects

2 webs out of 5 for Storyline...For a total of 10 webs out of 15...which EK gives...
    Right after you made the comment in bold I basically stopped reading the rest of your gibberish.

What a horrible movie. They totally wrecked what they had going.
    ProjectTechnik

the movie sucked in my opinion. I went in expecting way too much out of it and got so very little.
    the dance scene was just ridiculous and could have been replaced with an extra 5 min. of seeing venom on screen.
    emo peter parker was just a sad sad thing to watch... whenever he went emo with the sidebangs, the entire theatre would burst out laughing. it didn't really feel like i was watching a spiderman movie.
    also, where the fuck was his spider-sense powers?! its like peter parker lost that ability in this movie or something.
    and I have to disagree with EK 2.0.. IMO, Kirsten Dunst was a horrible choice to play the part of Mary Jane. She's just not hot...

Did anyone stay behind to watch the ending credits? Did they have anything added in after the credits, X-3 styles?
    Originally posted by 5000Audi
    Btw never paid for a massage before.. i own, i mean have a wife

My Ride
    GMC Siera 1500

i'm watching it right now and i can't stand how he turns into an emo whenever the suit comes out

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Ok movie, didnt expect that little. I was getting bored with the emo crap, waste of time.
    I dunno, I was expecting way more action.

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

just watched it.

It sucked in my opinion. Mary Jane turned into a little bitch half way through. Emo spiderman sucked, cheezy ending.

Worst spiderman ever.

spider sense was there when he dodged that orange bomb and webbed it back to harry.

My Ride
    '11 Civic

I thought it was all right, but not worth the amount of time that I had to wait in the theater for it to start. I thought that Topher Grace did a good job as Venom, although I still found it hard to not picture him in his usual Eric Foreman role. I thought that the dancing scenes with emo Peter Parker were hilarious. But ya, this movie was way too hyped up, not enough for me to walk out of the theater thinking that it was amazing.
    Everything I'm not made me everything I am...

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
    just watched it.

It sucked in my opinion. Mary Jane turned into a little bitch half way through. Emo spiderman sucked, cheezy ending.

Worst spiderman ever.

spider sense was there when he dodged that orange bomb and webbed it back to harry.
    I agree. It is not that great come to think of it. Totally missable, in fact. Reflects poorly on the whole Spider Man series.

The high point was Bruce Campbell's cameo.

My Ride
    NC1

Can we expect to see Dr. Connor aka Lizard in Spiderman 4?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    BMW E46 LSB ///M3

that movie licked balls, toby is a fag and the whole jazz club thing? I forgot i was watching spider man for a second.

it didn't follow the comic book, and it was just dumb, esspecially harry helping spider man at the end, and everything being all sappy. It was a waste of time and i can't believe i lined up for that shit.

My Ride

Originally posted by max_boost
    Can we expect to see Dr. Connor aka Lizard in Spiderman 4?
    dr. connor/ lizard plus spiderman mutating into that monster would make for a good spiderman 4.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Spidey sense was definetely lacking... I heard 12 year old girls asking where it was at the end of the movie... Could of done without the emo spidey... I liked the black suit, but anytime without the suit he just looked sad... Overall I loved the movie... Kirsten was hot as long as she wasn't in the damn waitress outfit... "Brock's" girlfriend was damn hot though... And I didn't mind Topher as Venom at all, I think he pulled it off pretty well... He actually kind of reminded me of Toby like Venom reminds you of Spiderman... Oh yea quick question... I didn't follow the cartoons/comics too closely... how does Venom get spider powers if Brock doesn't have spidey powers?

Overall though, I loved the movie, and would definitely watch it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

They introduced the symbiot terribly. The actual story behind it was that JJ's son who was the astronaut in Spiderman 2 is supposed to bring back this symbiot from his trip to the moon and then it latches onto spidey but they despite having the perfect setup to that, they ignored it completely and didnt really explain how Peter found out how to take it off himself.

Venon's face was good, but his body still needed work with a more so simple black texture with moving, liquid type symbiot running through his body all the time.

I thought the club scene was a little irrational but nothing that bad.

Some real nice witty humor in there though and I liked how Harry's story ended too.

8/10 for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast