Quantcast
stereo thieft in the NW? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: stereo thieft in the NW?

Default stereo thieft in the NW?

i got some free time to go down to calgary over the weekend. cill out and relax for a day :p . anyways i parked my car outside cause i didn't feel like parking it in the garage. someone told me i should park it in the garage because stereo thieft is really high in the NW. any truth to this? cause being in the hamptons i really don't think anyone will break into my car.

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Its high everywhere. Im near Chinook and my truck got busted into right in front of my house. Dont matter what area. Just keep an eye on your ride. Thats all.

Crime exists everywhere, but I wouldn't worry about parking my car outside in Hamptons. When I visit my brother i park outside, top down and I don't worry at all.
    ---

i do have a alarm on my car. lol. its pretty loud. i hope that is enough to scare away thieves. not like there is much of anything to steal out of my car but i would still be pissed if it got broke into.

i dont think you would have to worry too much about the hamptons ...its one of the richer upscale communities
    there are much worse places in calgary to leave your car

I wouldnt worry to much. My neighbour always parked his Boxster outside all day every day and his SLK and no one touched it. But I dont know if it had any system in it

BTW, Why do you guys keep spelling Stereo, Sterio?

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Heh more upbeat communities rule! I once did an experiment and got my frined to park his rav4 top down and get him to leave the keys to his tercel in his car and have the alarm turned on... We actually got people coming up to the house saying hey... "I think u left ur car keys in your car and its pretty easy for someone to rip off ur ride"
    omgwtfbbq

Originally posted by RiceCake
    Heh more upbeat communities rule! I once did an experiment and got my frined to park his rav4 top down and get him to leave the keys to his tercel in his car and have the alarm turned on... We actually got people coming up to the house saying hey... "I think u left ur car keys in your car and its pretty easy for someone to rip off ur ride"
    Haha, no one stole the Tercel because they didnt want to put up the problems that came with the car -- Just playing

My friend always leaves his top down on his car and my neighbours too, I wouldnt worry too much.

Car Thieves.

I was referring to another thread that Benny started

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Originally posted by Evan
    I was referring to another thread that Benny started
    benny's drunk

Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
    i dont think you would have to worry too much about the hamptons ...its one of the richer upscale communities
    there are much worse places in calgary to leave your car
    NEVER let your guard down, even in NW. It's no Dover/Forest Lawn, but don't do stupid things like leaving your top down or doors open. There is nothing to prevent non-residents from migrating into your neighbourhood, scoping things out and striking when you least expect.

Even people, young punks/kids who live on the block might just help themselves to a joyride or a stereo. Just because Mister and Mrs. Middleclass are well to do and behave it doesn't mean that junior will too.
    People on my block have had homes broken into, wheels, stereo, car stolen. Even punks drive around with pellet guns shooting windows out late night. Cousin had attempted theft of her 300ZX, attempted break-in at our house.

If I were a criminal, I would target rich, naive people who thought they were 'safe' in their upscale neighbourhoods.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X