Quantcast
Rear end someone? Why not have a party on the side of the road? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear end someone? Why not have a party on the side of the road?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default Rear end someone? Why not have a party on the side of the road?

So whats the policy on small fender benders? Why is it necessary to stop both cars involved right in the lane where it happened even if that means blocking traffic and creating a massive jam? Its always refreshing to see 2 and sometimes 3 of 4 (witnesses) cars just chilling with their hazards on while everyone is just hanging out chatting on the side of the street, meanwhile there is a turn off to a side street 20 meters away! Whats even better is when it happens on a 3 or 4 lane road, the people just stop even if theyre in the middle lane. I love nearly killing people and swerving out of the way at the last minute! If you get in a fender bender pull off to the shoulder or 2 a nearby sidestreet. There is no reason to stay exactly where you are, the police dont need forensic evidence, they aren't going to take photos of the scene ...get out of the way!
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

^^FUCKIN EH!!!!!! ^^
    2001 celica pro mod project, in progress
    87 fox hatch,[email protected] skating, stock 5.0 shortblock,91 co-op pump gas, 11 lbs boost

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

im with you on that.. i think if both cars are driveable and you stop in a lane, you should be fined for it... traffic backs up for miles for 2 people who have scratched the paint on their 87 hyundai and need to create a crime scene in the middle lane.. like seriously...
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

cuz, when my mom hit someone from behind in my car, the other driver lady thinks it will cause problems for her story if she doesn't get a firetruck, ambulance, and ~3 cruisers out for a fenderbender...u kno...just to be safe.

idiots.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

this morning on northbound deerfoot, there was a fender bender in the middle lane, which they didnt move the cars. it was a little frustrating at first. but its the morning time, i kind of got use to the fact that theres always delays on the deerfoot.
    Oliver

My Ride
    2 Hump Camel

Because you'll turn off while the other bitch doesn't and takes off.

My Ride
    ////M

Same with the people who get pulled over by the cops for speeding or whatever and instead of getting off the road they just stop the car... especially when there is a turn off 10 m further ahead
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    Honda CRV

Originally posted by Euro_Trash
    Same with the people who get pulled over by the cops for speeding or whatever and instead of getting off the road they just stop the car... especially when there is a turn off 10 m further ahead

the cops can take this action in 2 ways
    the nices ones will be like smart move to pull off (some times a smaller ticket)
    the bad ones will make it seem like u were tryin to get away. (even bigger ticket)

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by DNSDJS

the cops can take this action in 2 ways
    the nices ones will be like smart move to pull off (some times a smaller ticket)
    the bad ones will make it seem like u were tryin to get away. (even bigger ticket)
    Slow down on your way to pulling over, put on your blinker, make it OBVIOUS you are going to pull over
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    Honda CRV

Slow down on your way to pulling over, put on your blinker, make it OBVIOUS you are going to pull over

Actually a co-worker got a big ticket because she pulled over at a safe place ~100 m from where the police had the lights on. Obviously the police wasn't too happy and said that "when you see the lights, you should stop right away"

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by cloud7

Actually a co-worker got a big ticket because she pulled over at a safe place ~100 m from where the police had the lights on. Obviously the police wasn't too happy and said that "when you see the lights, you should stop right away"
    Thats too bad to hear! That sure would piss me off haha
    I just thought clearing the road for other traffic would make sense but apparently not

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

I rather would get out and get the persons info before pulling off to the side. A hit and run is more likely to happen if you pull over to the side since the person in front hasn't even seen your license plate yet (in Alberta). After you exchange info then you can pull over to the side imo.

See if I took the cops point of view, I would love to see the person pull off the road into a safe place. They could stop right there, then I am pressed up against their car while talking while cars zoom past me, possibly being smoked by a car, OR talk to the person in a safe place, and not have to worry about other traffic.

Common sense just isn't that common anymore

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by Spoons

Common sense just isn't that common anymore

Originally posted by cloud7

Really? I find that hard to believe as its protocol to pull to the right side of the road, and people WILL let you in when they see a cop with their lights on...
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

It is law to move youre vehicle off to the side of the road if youre vehicle can be moved. There always advertising it on the radio but nobody listens.
    Sometimes you have to take a chance, whether that be on someone, or something!

My Ride
    IS350 AWD F-sport

This happened to me a few yrs ago: It was a cold, icy winter day and I was driving on 16Ave E bound. Traffic came to a stop and the car behind me was following too close and couldn't stop in time --> Minor fender bender. We were in the middle lane (right past SAIT) and when I stepped out of the car to inspect the damage I almost slipped on the ice while the cars were zooming past me in the adjacent lane. So I told the driver "Let's turn off 16Ave and stop at the Esso Station up ahead and we'll talk. It's too dangerous here." So we got into our cars, and he managed to make a lane change before I did (traffic jam). Next thing I know, I was just watching him turn off 16Ave, go past the Esso gas station and speed off!

This lesson taught me that when a hit and run occurs:
    1) Don't move your vehicles unless necessary.
    2) Before even talking to the other party involved, take down the license plate first (and make and model of car)
    3) Snap a few pics if you have a camera handy

AFTER all these, then it's "safe" to move your cars.

I think you're just supposed to check if there are any injuries/the vehicles are drivable, and then move them off the road and exchange.

My Ride
    IS350 AWD F-sport

Originally posted by barbarian
    I think you're just supposed to check if there are any injuries/the vehicles are drivable, and then move them off the road and exchange.
    (if you are referring to my reply)
    DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST?????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast