Quantcast
98 Talon Tsi AWD vs 98 Accord V6 Coupe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 98 Talon Tsi AWD vs 98 Accord V6 Coupe

Default 98 Talon Tsi AWD vs 98 Accord V6 Coupe

Hi there, I'm just wondering which car is better out of these two. I am planning to get one by the end of this year. So if anyone can give me some cons and pros of each i'll appreciate it.

awd and turbo, the dsm will be more costly and harder to maintain then the accord, but then again, it is probably a faster, and definitely a better handling car

also the performance parts for the talon are vast......where as you aren't gonna be able to get that many parts engine wise with the accord
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

accords are nice. notorious for tranny problems though. they are vey nice and ride well, decently fast and great on the highway.

drive them both and see which you like better. also try and check things like maintenance costs and insurance difference. i know that on new accords it costs 75$ just to have to have the codes read

My Ride
    firebird

I would go for the accord if you want reliability and a good all around car. Maintenance is important with hondas and is fairly cheap on an accord. I had looked at one before I bought my first legend and it was pretty nice.... but the legend had more "goodies" for the same price.

I would go for the Talon for sure if you want performance, aftermarket support and handling. The talons are not known for reliability. I am also not sure on the repair costs of the talon.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    335i

Why would you even compare the two?

If you had to pick, however, the Accord would be my choice. Lightyears ahead of the Talon in terms of quality, and more comfortable.

The talon is quicker though.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

the talon might be a more enjoyable car to drive, since i dont' think the v6 accords came in standard until this year.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

The old V6's were all auto. Its a nice car and great for cruising in.

The Talon is definately quicker, but maintenance will cost you on it.

I guess it depends on what your wants and needs are
    omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    Porsche 944 Turbo

Are you concerned with performance? If so, Talon all the way. If you want the reliability of a honda, then the accord.

If you had to pick, however, the Accord would be my choice. Lightyears ahead of the Talon in terms of quality, and more comfortable.

Not engine, transmission or chassis quality. Having leather seats and wood grain kind of quality, yes.

As for being more comfortable, that is subjective. Some people are more comfortable strapped into a racing seat, in a car with a tight suspension, than in a soft sprung "luxury" car.

So pretty much, you are going to hear all types of opinions here. Do the research on both cars, drive both and make a careful decision.
    1986 Porsche 944 Turbo

No Dyno Sheet yet but I hope to make 400RWHP @24 PSI

thanks for the input everyone. I guess i have to drive them both and see what fits well with my needs.

Ummm lets see.
    If you know how to fix things and want a car with balls and that is performance based get the DSM.
    If you are a wussie who wants to drive grandmas boostless car, buy the Honda.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

dont forget there is no back seat in the Talon.. you know wat i mean

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by ramminghard
    accords are nice. notorious for tranny problems though.

i know that on new accords it costs 75$ just to have to have the codes read
    the v6 tranny that honda used did have some problems, but they arent "notorious". if u look at the rate of failure, its actually very small.

and as for the costs of maintenance, what makes u so sure that pulling the codes cost $75? every place will charge something different, and its obvious that the stealership will charge more. fuck, if uve been taking your car to the dealerships all this time to get codes pulled.....damn man, send me a pm next time u need codes pulled. ill do it $40 for u.

My Ride
    92 Accord ex-r

yeah it depends what you want.... i wanted to buy the accord v6 and was even thinking about a supercharger. but then found out they only come in auto. and you would have to beef up the tranny too. Then i thought about getting the 4 cylinder 5 speed and slapping a turbo in it. but then hp wouldn't cut it. so i just said fu k it.

gonna go with the wrx sti when im done school... i'll like that better.

i drive a 92 accord ex-r and i think it's wicked. wish i would have bought a 98-02 coupe tho. better looking and the 4cylinder has the h22.

Anyways accords are very reliable cars. I would go with the accord.

My Ride

Originally posted by Vitesse951

Not engine, transmission or chassis quality. Having leather seats and wood grain kind of quality, yes.

I dont know where all of this talk about engine/tranny problems came from for the accord. My Mom had a 2000 Accord V6 EX bought new and it was driven daily until 2004 when it was sold. Never had a single problem, and it was only brought in for scheduled maintence. It had pretty decent power for daily driving needs and a really comfortable ride.

So pretty much if you want a car that you can race around in or modify later on, but have to deal with constant maintence, get the Talon. If you want a reliable car more suited for a comfortable daily driver, get the Accord.

My Ride
    DSM/ MK3 Golf

DSM DSM DSM DSM ALL THE WAY :P