Quantcast
Vancouver or Whiterock places to eat - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Vancouver or Whiterock places to eat

Default Vancouver or Whiterock places to eat

Looking for places to eat in Vancouver, 2nd time going didnt really get to see vancouver.. I heard Granville Is. is a must good restuarants with view..any place else..or Whiterock?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I'm sure someone will say this soon...

Lumieres or if ur feeling a lil casual then Feenies next door
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    17' M3

For seafood, I really enjoyed Monk McQueens. I also heard Blue Water Cafe is good, but a more upscale/trendy place.
    Jackolo

If you're going to White Rock...make sure you pick a day with no clouds and go to the .Boathouse Restaurant restaurant down on Marine Dr. and get a seat on the top floor patio. Preferably later in the evening, while its still hot...and then you can watch the sun go down behind the mountains over the ocean. You wont find a better view. Great car cruising there too. Walk out to the pier...watch the locals crab fishing. White rock is awesome.

Then head back downtown Van and go to the Cecil...NOTHING like the Calgary Cecil. This is one of the hottest strip clubs in Vancouver. The dont hire "circuit girls"..they have thier own girls. You dont have the "4-foot no-mans land" and as of a couple of years ago...no such thing as a loonie/toonie toss. Although that might've changed.

Lets see....few other musts: walk the seawall in Stanley Park. Go up to Grouse mountain and take the gondola. Walk around Gastown on a Sunday afternoon. Robson St on a Friday or Saturday night.
    Yes Granville Island is awesome, ran into Steven Tyler and Joe Perry there one day. just buying a bottle of wine, and no one even knew (or seemed to care) who they were.
    You want some creepy entertainment...drive around Hastings and main area at night on welfare wednesdays. Keep your doors locked. You think Calgary has a 'bad district'? nothing compared to this area. Was working on a hotel there and saw a guy get shot in the head..midday.

I was born n raised in Vancouver and lived in all sectors..East End (asian gangs and Italians) lived in the West End ( gay/artsy fartsy area) and the North Shore. And worked downtown in highrise construction for years, where everyone brought binoculars to work. You'd be amazed at the things we would see
    Last edited by Maddog55; 05-14-2007 at 07:46 AM.

Oh one more must if you're there late July/early August. Catch the Celebration of Light fireworks show. The experience is unbelievable if you sit right on English bay. You will have to get a seat by around 3 or 4 in the afternoon on the sand..and then just sit/smoke a bong/people watch for the next 7 hrs as you see about 400,000 people gather. Wife and I would bring a wagon loaded with munchies/drinks and lawn chairs. Don't try sneaking beers...cops watch for that more than the 'weed'. Dont get offended when it gets so crowded ppl step on your blanket..just go with the flow. You can walk up to the Safeway to get snacks/bbq chicken etc for your supper.

When the fireworks start, you will feel each explosion in your chest, while the music pumps loudly over huge speakers ontop of the English bay bath house. Then feel what it's like to truly be in a 'sea of people' as everyone leaves. its a challenge for two ppl to even stick together. (have a pre-arranged meeting spot if you get separated).
    Last edited by Maddog55; 05-14-2007 at 07:48 AM.