What's the short on it?

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Originally posted by BigShow
    What's the short on it?

i have ADD so i can only read a few sentences at a time

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

From what I gather (I could be wrong / mis read)

It allows the collection, use and disclosure of employee personal information without consent...

*edit* I hope someone read it as well. Too much to read

It looks like it states that personal info cannot be given out without consent

[i]Division 2
    Consent

Consent required

7(1) Except where this Act provides otherwise, an organization shall not, with respect to personal information about an individual,

(a) collect that information unless the individual consents to the collection of that information,

(b) collect that information from a source other than the individual unless the individual consents to the collection of that information from the other source,

(c) use that information unless the individual consents to the use of that information, or

(d) disclose that information unless the individual consents to the disclosure of that information.

[/B]

Unless...

Use without consent

17 An organization may use personal information about an individual without the consent of the individual if

(a) a reasonable person would consider that the use of the information is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent of the individual cannot be obtained in a timely way or the individual would not reasonably be expected to withhold consent;

(b) the use of the information is pursuant to a statute or regulation of Alberta or Canada that authorizes or requires the use;

(c) the use of the information is reasonable for the purposes of an investigation or a legal proceeding;

(d) the information is publicly available;

(e) the use of the information is necessary to determine the individual's suitability to receive an honour, award or similar benefit, including an honorary degree, scholarship or bursary;

(f) a credit reporting organization was permitted to collect the information under section 14(f) and the information is not used by the credit reporting organization for any purpose other than to create a credit report;

(g) the information may be disclosed by an organization without the consent of the individual under section 20;

(h) the use of the information is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual or the public;

(i) the use of the information is necessary in order to collect a debt owed to the organization or for the organization to repay to the individual money owed by the organization;

(j) the organization using the information is an archival institution and the use of the information is reasonable for archival purposes or research;

(k) the use of the information meets the requirements respecting archival purposes or research set out in the regulations and it is not reasonable to obtain the consent of the individual whom the information is about.