Quantcast
Bank Accounts? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Bank Accounts?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Bank Accounts?

    Hey guys, Im getting sick and tired of my Presidents Choice Bank Account it sucks not being able to go to a teller, is there any reliable banks that don't pay you interest? No charge bank accounts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,690
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Most banks have accounts where the monthly service charge is waived if you maintain a minimum monthly balance.

    For example, TD has an account that gives you something like 10 transactions per month for $3.95. If you keep your balance $1000 or greater throughout the whole month, it'll cost you nothing unless you go over 10 transactions.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    300 Limited
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Bank Accounts?

    Originally posted by Rx7
    Hey guys, Im getting sick and tired of my Presidents Choice Bank Account it sucks not being able to go to a teller, is there any reliable banks that don't pay you interest? No charge bank accounts?
    There's nothing wrong with PC financial. *unless you're under 18, in which case they treat you like you're not a human being*
    I'm going to assume you're over 18, and want to switch because you can't get instant access to cash/cheques deposited. (they have a ridiculous 10 day hold)
    Go to a PC financial branch, or call the number on the back of your card, and get your limits/restrictions modified. Hope this helps.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Re: Bank Accounts?

    Originally posted by Palmiros


    There's nothing wrong with PC financial. *unless you're under 18, in which case they treat you like you're not a human being*
    I'm going to assume you're over 18, and want to switch because you can't get instant access to cash/cheques deposited. (they have a ridiculous 10 day hold)
    Go to a PC financial branch, or call the number on the back of your card, and get your limits/restrictions modified. Hope this helps.
    I am 21, but its gay I can only get $1000 a day, as for the TD one I use more than 10 transactions a month but my account balance will be over $5000

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    300 Limited
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Re: Re: Bank Accounts?

    Originally posted by Rx7


    I am 21, but its gay I can only get $1000 a day, as for the TD one I use more than 10 transactions a month but my account balance will be over $5000
    Why don't you just give them a call to increase your limit? I'm sure they'd be delighted.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    calgary/ab
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    for cash its understandable the hold is ridiculous, but as for cheques it all depends on your credit history, they can only release a certain amount if any right away. Bottom line, if your credit rating is just okay or starting to build it, PC and CIBC suck for lending.

    I hear that TD is lots better on you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    RX300
    Posts
    693
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Re: Re: Bank Accounts?

    Originally posted by Rx7


    I am 21, but its gay I can only get $1000 a day, as for the TD one I use more than 10 transactions a month but my account balance will be over $5000

    if you can maintain that $5000 balance each month then get the top Select Service account and you will get unlimited transactions (this includes atm machines and other bank machines free of charge), free drafts, free certify chqs, free safety deposit box, free personal chqs if you dont maintain $5000 its 24.95 each month

    if you dont want all that shit just get the infinity account (maintain $2500 each month otherwise 12.95) and it just gives you unlimited transactions, but you will get charged if you use atm machines and other non-TD machines
    trying is the first step towards failure


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2009 Forester
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    why would you keep a $5000 in a POS low interest chequing account?
    Tim

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Bank Accounts?

    Originally posted by Rx7
    is there any reliable banks that don't pay you interest?
    Because that's what he wants, I assume its due to religious belief.

    You can probably pick any acct with any bank you want that suits you and if there is interest, they'd be more than happy to not give you any if you ask.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary AB Canada
    My Ride
    BMW 750xi
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Off topic but, who the hell uses Tellers anymore.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    RRIII
    My Ride
    w163
    Posts
    644
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    little old ladies....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Originally posted by bobby_lu
    little old ladies....
    ... and people like me who like having a $500 limit on their card, and occaisionally need more than that in a day. (of course, I am driving a wagon these days, so you might consider me in the "little old lady" category too, )

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary AB Canada
    My Ride
    BMW 750xi
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by Tik-Tok


    ... and people like me who like having a $500 limit on their card, and occaisionally need more than that in a day. (of course, I am driving a wagon these days, so you might consider me in the "little old lady" category too, )
    Ever heard of a credit card?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Originally posted by 89coupe


    Ever heard of a credit card?
    Most private sellers don't take credit cards.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,690
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by 89coupe
    Off topic but, who the hell uses Tellers anymore.
    I go in when I need smaller denominations that the ATM doesn't give out.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    That's some expensive escort(s) you're ordering......

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    Toyota
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema
    That's some expensive escort(s) you're ordering......
    haha all while i was thinking why you would need that much cash

    it all makes sense now -> escorts

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    X3
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If you are a full time student (post-secondary included), I know that BMO offers some student discount where you don't have to maintain a monthly balance to have free banking (with limits of course). I used to use that service throughout University. Here's a link: http://www4.bmo.com/rpopup/0,4442,35...527375,00.html

    If that pop up link doesn't work, try this one, then click on student banking on the right hand side under "quick info." http://www4.bmo.com/personal/0,4344,35649_36667,00.html

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
    Posts
    2,551
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by TC2002
    If you are a full time student (post-secondary included), I know that BMO offers some student discount where you don't have to maintain a monthly balance to have free banking (with limits of course). I used to use that service throughout University. Here's a link: http://www4.bmo.com/rpopup/0,4442,35...527375,00.html

    If that pop up link doesn't work, try this one, then click on student banking on the right hand side under "quick info." http://www4.bmo.com/personal/0,4344,35649_36667,00.html
    I used to use BMO until they wanted me to renew my status as a student every year, which became a hastle since their hours blow most of the time. I just went with PC. And like people said, who needs tellers? Just call them and tell them you want it increased. It is all based on your credit. My withdrawl is 1000 a day and 3000 on debit, and i dont need more then that a day. The hold on cheques and stuff also can disappear if you have good credit. I have a hold on my cheques but i really dont care since i am not living paycheque to paycheque as I save money, but my parents have been with PC for a while and none of their stuff is ever held as they have good credit. I would call them first. Also if you want small denominations...take out the cash and change it at 7-11.....7-11 is on every corner so is the cibc bank machine which is inside almost every 7-11

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by TimG
    why would you keep a $5000 in a POS low interest chequing account?
    If you find yourself paying $25/month in service charges, that's $300/year. Therefore, by keeping $5000 in the bank you are earning 6% interest on your money.

    Obviously if you don't want the $25 package it's a waste. However, if you need this sort of package it is a very good deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 7 diablo 2 LOD accounts

    By cityhunter2501 in forum Video Games / Consoles
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 09-05-2005, 09:53 AM
  2. FS: 3 Web Hosting Accounts

    By liquidchill in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 09-16-2004, 08:09 PM
  3. Yahoo = 100MB email accounts. Google = 1GB?

    By richardchan2002 in forum General
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 06-17-2004, 08:17 AM
  4. Solution to n00b accounts

    By FiveFreshFish in forum Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 12-15-2003, 09:02 PM
  5. Who do you bank with? I'm looking for a new bank

    By richardchan2002 in forum General
    Replies: 40
    Latest Threads: 11-23-2003, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •