Quantcast
A&B Alarm Installations (or any shop for that matter) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A&B Alarm Installations (or any shop for that matter)

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Default A&B Alarm Installations (or any shop for that matter)

I'm thinking of buying a CompuStar Alarm system for my 2002.5 Jetta. I've heard it's a tricky install -- but with time -- it can be done. Does anyone have experience with A&B for alarm installations? Anyone else have a place they would recommend? I'm thinking of talking to Jason at Audio Concepts to see what they would charge. I'm looking to have it done right and for a good price.

Any information/help would be great! Thanks a ton guys!

Peter

make sure you get it done by someone you trust and hang around while they do it......

like said before, you never know what they might do while the car is in their hands, especially if you have stuff in your car that might cathc their attn
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Audio Concepts has a lifetime warrenty on their installs, so if you have any problems they will fix it.

Originally posted by redline
    Audio Concepts has a lifetime warrenty on their installs, so if you have any problems they will fix it.

So does A&B Sound. I've had 2 alarms installed at A&B, and both were very well installed, all wiring neatly tucked away, and never any problems. I would not hesitate to go there again for another install

My Ride
    -10 F150 Lariat, -10 Fusion SEL awd

Default a&b

I had an alarm installed at A&B, actually 2, and they did a good job. They were fast, and the alarms worked perfect. Had a problem with the one they put in my brothers daytona about a year after they installed it, and they fixxed it for free. I'd recomend them

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

I know that this is not related to an alarm, but I had my stereo installed at A&B and they did a crap job......I bought a deck with a flip down face and after they installed it they guy told me "umm yeah sorry the deck we installed won't flip down you will only be able to use the radio"...this is after he had me drive across town to pick a mounting kit cause they had none in stock. And after they almost had it complete they told me that they need another part because it is a euro car that does not have the same radio adaptor. Needless to say I was quite ticked. I told the guy that he was taking out the stereo and replacing it with one that would work in the mounting kit. After some talking to the manager they pulled it out and replaced it with a deck that would work....The moral of the story......I would never recoment A&B to anyone! but hey it is after all your $$ and if other people had good luck with them mayber you will too??

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Euro car?? You drive a Focus.

Originally posted by Focus
    I know that this is not related to an alarm, but I had my stereo installed at A&B and they did a crap job......I bought a deck with a flip down face and after they installed it they guy told me "umm yeah sorry the deck we installed won't flip down you will only be able to use the radio"...this is after he had me drive across town to pick a mounting kit cause they had none in stock. And after they almost had it complete they told me that they need another part because it is a euro car that does not have the same radio adaptor. Needless to say I was quite ticked. I told the guy that he was taking out the stereo and replacing it with one that would work in the mounting kit. After some talking to the manager they pulled it out and replaced it with a deck that would work....The moral of the story......I would never recoment A&B to anyone! but hey it is after all your $$ and if other people had good luck with them mayber you will too??

Exactly what A&B Sound did you go to? Do you have names of people involved? I think this story is bullshit. An installer installs a deck that won't flip down, then says, meh, you can only use the radio?

In addition to alarms, I've had A&B Sound do 2 seperate CD deck installs. Both were installed very well and never had any problems with them or the install itself.

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

I'd got mine done at autodream and i recommend you do the same
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    2013 Acura TSX A-Spec

My buddy got his cd changer done at a & b and it was a shitty install. I heard auto dream is good. also try alarmtec, they do pretty good work

Originally posted by hinggu
    My buddy got his cd changer done at a & b and it was a shitty install.

Care to elaborate?

I suggest Chad Meyers with Dynamic Mobile Installations. He runs his own company, comes to your house to do it and is quick and affordable. Phone # is 813-8782. He has done a bunch of installs for the guys on performance-shop.com and fixed the fuckups Soundsaround did with my alarm install.

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

Originally posted by Abom

Exactly what A&B Sound did you go to? Do you have names of people involved? I think this story is bullshit. An installer installs a deck that won't flip down, then says, meh, you can only use the radio?

In addition to alarms, I've had A&B Sound do 2 seperate CD deck installs. Both were installed very well and never had any problems with them or the install itself.
    Honest man, No B.S. it was the sunridge A&B. I don't remember names. The install itself was good, I was just ticked by the lack of communication through that whole thing.....The guy could have saved a lot of time by just telling me off the start that the deck would not have worked with the mounting kit. The only other install I have paid for was from soundsaround and that was a kick ass install!! All the other installs I have done myself.

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
    Euro car?? You drive a Focus.

yeah figure that one out??? He said that the focus is made in europe and that it needed a adaptor to connect the antena to the deck....can anyone tell me is the guy was full of crap or was he honest. I know that the car was designed in europe, but I thought that it was built in the good ole USA....

My Ride
    FJC, S30

i got 3 compustars done there.. all by boa.. hes a great installer! no problems with any of them!
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

thats the a&b near sunridge mall
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

haah shit sorry for so many posts.. anyways look to pay abit more if you install it at a&b.. this was my third alarm and the best they could do was 700 installed. so if money is tight then you might want to go to autodream or somethin since they install for around 5 bills
    Submaker.Illest.

Originally posted by Focus
    Honest man, No B.S. it was the sunridge A&B. I don't remember names. The install itself was good, I was just ticked by the lack of communication through that whole thing.....The guy could have saved a lot of time by just telling me off the start that the deck would not have worked with the mounting kit. The only other install I have paid for was from soundsaround and that was a kick ass install!! All the other installs I have done myself.

Hmmmmmmmmm. You're just "different" then Most people here have bad experience with SoundSuround, and you have a good experience with them, weird. But none the less, at Sunridge A&B Sound, I've had great experiences

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Hmmm... I think I might let A&B try -- and since I get a discount -- can't go wrong!

I will let you guys know!

Peter

My Ride
    335i

If you want a quality job, hit up Audio Concepts. I know you don't cut corners, and the install at Concepts is slightly more, but at least you know they have one of the best installation teams in Calgary.

They also stand behind their products.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast