No~~~ Accident !!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: No~~~ Accident !!!

My Ride
    07 impreza

Default No~~~ Accident !!!

OK GUYS....

this happened just today at 1:00pm.

my beautiful suby was hurt by this stupid lady.

well, i was driving my 07 suby north on 28th st sw

and this lady suddenly just bumps into my car from 19th ave

she's excuse was that she did not see STOP sign. (she was driving 90' Mercury Tempa)

i called the police, and policeman said it was all her fault.

you know, i got my suby just last year and i can't believe this is happening to me...

THE PROBLEM:

- HER INSURANCE HAS EXPIRED IN FEB 07. WHAT DA ........
    - MY CAR ESTIMATE CAME OUT BE AROUND $8000.00
    - MY INSURANCE BROKER (ALLSTATE) IS SAYING THAT I MUST PAY DEDUCTABLE WHICH IS $1000.00 TO GET REPAIRED SINCE THE OTHER PARTY'S INSURANCE HAS EXPIRED.

THE QUESTIONS:

- SHOULD I GET A LAYWER TO AVOID THAT DEDUCTION?

TO BE HONEST, I WANNA GET RIDE-OFF.

BUT IS $8000.00 ENOUGH TO GET A RIDE-OFF?
    OR WHAT IS THE MINIMUM ESTIMATE DO I NEED IN ORDER FOR ME GET A RIDE-OFF? OR WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET A RIDE-OFF? (MY CAR IS SITTING AT 16000KM) I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DRIVE A DAMAGED CAR FOR YEARS...

PLEASE HELP GUYS!!!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Do you mean "write-off"?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Ouch. That looks bad, but it doesn't look like write off material. I think it's only a write-off if it costs more to fix than it's worth.

Why not just get it fixed, sell it and buy a new car if having a perfect car matters so much to you?

Maybe you should consult a lawyer to see what your options are.

My Ride
    90 jdm ST185 86 ST162

"Written off"

Is the proper term.

A brand new vehicle with $8000 worth of damage, will not get the car written off. You will have to get it repaired, simple as that. Doesnt seem to be too much damage truthfully. I have seen MUCH worse at the shop I worked at.

Itll be fixed. You can either throw a for sale sign on it, or drive it.

Originally posted by Amysicle
    I think it's only a write-off if it costs more to fix than it's worth.
    thats true.

and it looks much worse than just a bump.
    im surprised that you have to fork over money because her insurance is expired, i think you should look into that, it does not make any sense.

And your car will not have a damaged status (because by the looks of it the damage is not enough to get your car written off), still active but now it goes on your history that this happened, also make sure you get a good body shop to do the work so you dont end up rusting your car because of poorly done work.

that sucks dude, was the lady remorseful or did she try to blame you, you must be so pissed off
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by gatorade
    did she try to blame you
    How in the hell could she blame that on him?

That sucks though man. I feel your pain. But you are not going to get it written off since the damages aren't extensive enough to warrant it. Plus I think you are getting a hell of a deal by only paying $1000 to repair $8000 damage. Just pay the deductible and get it fixed. It sucks that your new car has damage but you are going to have to suck it up. After you fix it take her to small claims to get your deductible back in full.
    Last edited by eb0i; 05-26-2007 at 01:16 AM.

This site should help you.

If the accident occurred in Alberta, The Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Act protects victims of uninsured and unknown drivers by ensuring they have someone from whom to recover damages for personal injury.
    http://www.justice.gov.ab.ca/mvac/default.aspx?id=820

in-order for your car to be a write-off; the value of the accident must total over 75% of the cars value...so i suggest that you take it to the most expensive auto body in Calgary lol if you really want a new car that badly

anyone correct me if I am wrong
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Yes thank you^, Come on people if you don't know things don't say it, simple as that.. 75% is what they used for my car a few yrs back, that it not near 75%.. Plus mine looked badddd, with some frame damage/ engine bay crushed in some, parts came to 3-4k and the work also came to that much (taking it to one of the priciest shops in town, was just under 8k, on a 12k car.. I should have complained and got them to junk it, live and learn) Theres not a body shop in the city that can make that cost 75%.. That isn't as bad as it looks, new door and fender and you'll never know the difference. It's not like the steering or driveline or anything was shifted out of place, its just cosmetic, and just looks bad on a nice shiny car. The mirror is even still on there, I'm guessing the glass is broken though?

I'm kind of suprised on the 8k! Did you hop the curb and hit a tree or something out of the picture? Mine cost 8k with basically a new front end, hood, fender, wheel, rad, rad suppport, bumper, lights, ac, paint...frame straightened...etc
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 05-26-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Get A lawyer and take her to court, she probably doesnt have much, but maybe some sum of money that can help pay the bill. if you cant afford insurance, take the bus.

Originally posted by Oldskool
    Get A lawyer and take her to court, she probably doesnt have much, but maybe some sum of money that can help pay the bill. if you cant afford insurance, take the bus.

thats fucking horible. dont do that, she needs to live to and im sure she didnt plan on smashing him like that.
    Plus shes in an older car (90 taurus) so shes probably already struggling with life.

just get your car fixed and all will be well, its a nice car, not worth a write off.

No way^ You can't have people running around without insurance, and thinking, oh hey it's only 1000$ for them to fix their own car that I smashed.. I'm sure they have 1000 since they have a nice new car.. or did until I smashed it.. *walks away...*

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

So what? Its HER fault, SHE drove without insurance, and SHE hit you. She should pay for 100% of the bill, if you have to force the 1000 out of her, so be it.
    Either way, your insurance company shouldn't be makeing you pay a dime, isn't that why you have insurance in the first place?

Besides, she got busted driving without insurance, odds are pretty good she won't be driving for a while anyways. Think of the money she'll save taking the bus.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by LuxCars

thats fucking horible. dont do that, she needs to live to and im sure she didnt plan on smashing him like that.
    Plus shes in an older car (90 taurus) so shes probably already struggling with life.

just get your car fixed and all will be well, its a nice car, not worth a write off.
    So he has to be out $1000 because of someone else's mistake?

I'd go after her for the $1000 for sure dude, of course providing you are physically okay as well.

I don't think driving should be handed to poor people. It's a priviledge, not a right, and if you can't afford it, take the bus. She fucked up and didn't even have plpd insurance to cover her ass. It's up to her to take care of his deductible imo.

My Ride
    07 impreza

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES GUYS,

AND YES I DID HOP BIG NASTY CURB (MORE DAMAGE TO MY FRONT DUE TO TEIN H-TECH SPRINGS THAT I ADDED LAST MONTH) AND HIT BUSHES.

MY PLAN IS TO GET A HIGH ESTIMATE AS I CAN SO I COULD GET A WRITE-0FF.

IT WAS A GOOD THING THAT SHE DID ADMIT THAT I WAS ALL HER FAULT.

I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR HER SINCE SHE IS TOO POOR - EVEN NO MONEY TO RENEW HER INSURANCE???

BUT, I WILL GET A LAYWER IF ALLSTATE IS CHARGING ME WITH $1000 DEDUCTION EVEN THOUGH THE WHOLE ACCIDENT WAS NOT MY FAULT. NO DOUBT IT
    Last edited by diesel74; 05-26-2007 at 01:10 PM.

And they call us teenagers "wreckless drivers"
    Lady with expired insurance runs a stop sign and t-bones another car and the owner of the car is forced to pay to get his car fixed.

Love our society.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    sticks up..... never mind

It really is amazing how many people like to contribute absolutely nothing constructive on this forum!

No way that will be a write off sorry to say, The fine for driving without insurance is insane, like three grand, and now her insurance will be unaffordable because no company will want her.

Make sure that wherever you take it they check for frame damage (straightness).
    All the collision places now just replace the body panels. Lucky it was a front fender because a new one can just be bolted on, likewise for the new door. They just order the panels, paint em and bolt em on. also its a new car so they can just get the factory paint code and match it perfect. Only restoration places do metalwork any more so you will have brand new factory panels and paint and therefore still a new car.

As for the deductable, that really sucks. Two choices there: get a lawyer and pay him the same as the deductable to get the money out of her or just bend over and pay it yourself . My advice would be to just call a lawyer and get their advice.

To look on the bright side at least she took the blame or you could be in court for that one too. as it is she is pretty screwed getting in an accident with no insurance.

The situation sucks in this city: The drivers are shit because its too easy to get a liscense and because of that they crash and insurance bends you over the table. If you are caught without insurance you should lose your liscense so innocent people like me and you dont have to suffer because of them. As soon as you get in an accident you should have to go for a liscense retest.

Dammit now i'v got a headache! i hate hearing about this kind of shit!!

My Ride
    Village Bike

No way that should be a write off unless damage is more then at least double the current estimate.
    Between anarchy and calm, there is a door marked supplies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast