Quantcast
Calgary BMW is a f*** joke. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Calgary BMW is a f*** joke.

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

My Uncle just bought two BMW's and didn't have a problem at all! and he even talked to Neil. All I can say is it was great!

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by mystice46
    Talk to "Neil" the new car sales manager. He is one person there that has some kind of sense. Great guy.
    He's a real professional. Unlike most car dealerships they not only acknowledged my wife in all discussions but involved her as well given she is also owning the vehicle. That was huge for me and even more for her. Most car sales guys don't even acknowledge the spouse.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    VW Jetta GLI, BMW 335i

Default Ordered new 335i from Edmonton because Calgary BMW locations SUCK!!!

Hi all, it is a pitty that the Calgary locations are owned and ran by such a douche bag villain but Edmonton thankfully is saving BMW Alberta.

I feel sorry for the sales people here in Calgary - most of them are great people but their hands are tied... the service horror stories and antics that I have had first hand and heard about second hand are enough to make me puke. The level that the two dealerships in town sink to are beyond contempt. It is worth the drive to Edmonton for me to avoid even going near the dealerships here in town.

Everything from changing owners phone numbers on their accounts so that when BMW NA phones they can give a stellar review (ever wonder by BMW never calls to ask how your service went, particularly when it has been shit!), brake jobs and other work long before necessary or charging and not even performing the work, failing to honor or delaying warranty issues, shoddy workmanship, dishonest practices and outright lying to customers... it is unbelievable.

A colleague of mine is putting together a class action suit against them so if anyone has any problems that are documented let me know.

Have a great summer!

My Ride
    VW Jetta GLI, BMW 335i

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Word. I have never had a problem there either. We've bought couple of 3 series, x5 and a 7 series from them over the past years, and never had a problem. We usually deal with the guy called Harry Stamnis, not sure about spelling of his last name.

But he is like the best guy to deal with over there. He is pretty old though, so I am not sure if he is still working there or not, but if he is, he is the guy you should be dealing with.
    Your experience is biased.... it wasn't until my friend bought a 7 series a few years back that they started to acknowledge him. Then he saw the light and tracked back how much they had been sticking it to him over the years. If you are a 3 or 5 buyer... they don't give two shits.

Thieves

My Ride
    VW Jetta GLI, BMW 335i

My Ride
    E90 335i

Default Re: Ordered new 335i from Edmonton because Calgary BMW locations SUCK!!!

Originally posted by sois

(ever wonder by BMW never calls to ask how your service went, particularly when it has been shit!), !
    Maybe they think I'm king shit there but I got a call plus when I had even the most minor problem (brake light coming on 2 weeks after pick up) they got me in the day I called.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    GTI

Default Re: Re: Ordered new 335i from Edmonton because Calgary BMW locations SUCK!!!

Originally posted by B17a

Maybe they think I'm king shit there but I got a call plus when I had even the most minor problem (brake light coming on 2 weeks after pick up) they got me in the day I called.
    That is probably why you got a call, they knew you were happy, so why change the number?

Has anyone here recieved a call after bad service?

My Ride
    Skateboard

I have a lowly 3 series but I never got bad service?

Maybe it's because most BMW owners are stuck up assholes that think that just because they drive a BMW their shit doesn't stink. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Originally posted by sois

Your experience is biased.... it wasn't until my friend bought a 7 series a few years back that they started to acknowledge him. Then he saw the light and tracked back how much they had been sticking it to him over the years. If you are a 3 or 5 buyer... they don't give two shits.

Thieves
    Last edited by G; 07-17-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Like I mentioned previous, I have had nothing but good experiences thus far. It may be hit or miss, or like someone touched on above, maybe some BMW owners expect too much because of the higher end reputation the BMW name carries, although many of the stories here dont SEEM to be related to unreasonable expectations.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by G
    most BMW owners are stuck assholes
    haha that is so true. That's the shitty thing about driving a BMW, I'm grouped in with all the other BMW douchebags out on the road haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

haha that is so true. That's the shitty thing about driving a BMW, I'm grouped in with all the other BMW douchebags out on the road haha.
    no, its because you're an asshole

beyond's official

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by rage2

9 out 10 times I wave to a fellow S2K owner I get a wave back but wave to a BMW owner and I get that fucking nose up in the air look and most of the time they are driving 325s....assholes.

My Ride
    E63. No, the one with SMG

Originally posted by G

9 out 10 times I wave to a fellow S2K owner I get a wave back but wave to a BMW owner and I get that fucking nose up in the air look and most of the time they are driving 325s....assholes.
    9/10 I get waves back from other Porsche drivers, though it seems that the Boxster guys might have an inferiority complex.

Maybe it's because there are just so many BMWs on the road, it's just too hard to wave to everyone. Or maybe enough owners have found their fellow BMW drivers to be assholes and just gave up.

My Ride
    W220, W220, R171 AMG, W203 AMG

I hate going into the Calgary BMW dealership, their sales service is a joke. I went there after a softball game once and no one would give me the time of day. Was there for about 10 minutes and most of the salesman were standing at the receptionist desk chatting up a storm. Unless you look like you are the typical 45 year old oil man showing up in that place, they won't help you.

BMW Gallery although owned by the same people seems to have a better sales staff. Every time I've gone there I've been helped immediately. Not sure about car service though...

Originally posted by mischief
    I hate going into the Calgary BMW dealership, their sales service is a joke. I went there after a softball game once and no one would give me the time of day. Was there for about 10 minutes and most of the salesman were standing at the receptionist desk chatting up a storm. Unless you look like you are the typical 45 year old oil man showing up in that place, they won't help you.

BMW Gallery although owned by the same people seems to have a better sales staff. Every time I've gone there I've been helped immediately. Not sure about car service though...
    When I was looking at cars the same thing happened to me at Mercedes and Infiniti.

My Ride

Originally posted by De Dutch

When I was looking at cars the same thing happened to me at Mercedes and Infiniti.
    What dealership did you go to?

I found that at Hyatt they used to be very bad for it but even when buying the first one at Lone Star I was helped instantly. I think both dealerships have to be pretty god now as they sell Smart Cars as well.

As for Infiniti, it does take awhile to get help and even then I was told I have to "make an appointment" to test drive a car.

Originally posted by mischief

What dealership did you go to?

I found that at Hyatt they used to be very bad for it but even when buying the first one at Lone Star I was helped instantly. I think both dealerships have to be pretty god now as they sell Smart Cars as well.

As for Infiniti, it does take awhile to get help and even then I was told I have to "make an appointment" to test drive a car.
    Calgary Auto Mall for both (so Lone Star and I dont know!?)

My Ride
    1997 BMW 328i Convertible

So you're standing in the dealership with your thumb up your ass looking stupid while all these sales jerkoffs are standing around hustling the receptionist...why don't you walk over and shake them up a bit wtf.

My Ride

Originally posted by johnnybad1
    So you're standing in the dealership with your thumb up your ass looking stupid while all these sales jerkoffs are standing around hustling the receptionist...why don't you walk over and shake them up a bit wtf.
    I'm clearly looking at the cars, you know sitting in the car looking at prices in the show room and what not. None of them come over ask if I need any help/ want to test drive something etc.? They choose to sit at the counter and talk. I'm not going to go over there and ask for there help. If they feel like chatting up on how many cars they have sold rather than try to sell another one, I'm fine with that.. I'll just buy a car elsewhere!

What do you think I should do, "Um, excuse me sir, I was wondering if you could take the time out of your obviously compelling conversation so I can ask a few questions"?

My Ride
    1997 BMW 328i Convertible

I know what you're saying...I guess there's a lot of money in this town right now and business is good. Wait till the next time the economy is slow and go in there and jerk those salespeople around and treat them like the dogs they are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast