Quantcast
What did YOU do to your prelude???? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What did YOU do to your prelude????

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

no secret that my knowledge of turbos isn't very broad....

I am eager to learn, but don't want to wait till I know more before getting one. I'm super busy with work and shit and don't really have the time I'd like to devote to it...

I've looked at the revhard kit online as well...

what I've seen so far is roughly between 2500 and 3k USD for complete kits online... I don't know if that's good or bad... also have no idea as to where to take it... who would do a good install?

My Ride
    1996 Honda Prelude.

Originally posted by EK 2.0

Ok class let's dissect this post as well shall we??

1. Why only those two exhausts?? There is a myriad of choices now but you say he HAS to go Greddy or Apexi?? The same goes with header choices...Why only DC??...there are tons of great products out there for the H22...trust me I have and am using a fair bit of them in my Civic.

2. Any sort of forced induction is "finicky". All of them, NOS, and Turbo's included need tuning. And having spent a lilttle bit of time on the dyno, and having friends with all three (N/A, Turbo or S/C) tuning is tuning. They all had to be tuned for low cam and high cam. What is "finicky" about that??

3. Too much power?? I agree with that post...SOMEWHAT...I mean there are a ton of aids to help traction. LSD's, bushings, Traction bars...so meh...just use your power wisely. 1-Bar mentioned a friend who is running around in a boosted Lude. He is on these boards, but away on another continent so I doubt he will post. BUT, this friend and many on here can vouch has a great deal of power and dailies the car for the most part...More power just means more fun.

4. How would more linear power help in winter driving??...The S/C is ALWAYS spinning and is spinning faster the higher you rev your motor. So launching in show and in icy conditions would be harder than with a turbo. Cause with a turbo you can stay out of boost. Or do you not know how a turbo works relative to a S/C??

5. I personally have yet to see what the stock limits are on an H22...I mean no one in town has really hit the stock limits. All have either rebuilt out of sheer wanting more, or sold off projects before maxing things out. And I don't believe for a second words off of Honda Tech either. I need to see it to believe it...Unlike yourself who has essentially copied and pasted a H-T post onto beyond.

Zing, I respect your opinion, however the last part about me copy and pasting an H-T post onto beyond was in-accurate, I did not copy and post anything, I'm not even sure what H-T is??

I would agree about allot of different aftermarket components out there, I was just giving him a simple answer to a straight forward question, I leave it up to himself to do with it as he will!.

Please explain more however, I'm sure you are more knowledgable on the subject as myself, Im only enhabiting basic information from questions I myself have had when I was younger.

With that being said, please frame from un neccesary zingers such as accusations etc on the forum, that is a sure way to turn this fellows questions, into a flame war. Nobody wants that, beyond as enough of that going on!.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by GGTTSS-44

With that being said, please frame from un neccesary zingers such as accusations etc on the forum, that is a sure way to turn this fellows questions, into a flame war. Nobody wants that, beyond as enough of that going on!.

"refrain"...not "frame from"
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    1996 Honda Prelude.

Hey Curtis, stop giving me such a hard time.
    BTW how much are you selling the GTR for?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    Ok class let's dissect this post as well shall we??

4. How would more linear power help in winter driving??...The S/C is ALWAYS spinning and is spinning faster the higher you rev your motor. So launching in show and in icy conditions would be harder than with a turbo. Cause with a turbo you can stay out of boost. Or do you not know how a turbo works relative to a S/C??
    I'll argue this one on you a bit. Yes the S/C is always spinning but it's very, very easy to drive around the city all day and never hit boost. It still takes an aggresive throttle stab to hit boost on the S/C so if you're driving normally and not overly heavy on the throttle you could drive all week without hitting any boost. Launching isn't an issue and would be no harder than a turbo (until you hammer on it and then 1st and 2nd are nearly useless at WOT haha).

Otherwise, good post!

And to the OP, what I've done to my lude is the Jackson Racing S/C, P28, fuel delivery, clutch/flywheel, 2.5" exhaust and minor odds and ends.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

I'll argue this one on you a bit. Yes the S/C is always spinning but it's very, very easy to drive around the city all day and never hit boost. It still takes an aggresive throttle stab to hit boost on the S/C so if you're driving normally and not overly heavy on the throttle you could drive all week without hitting any boost. Launching isn't an issue and would be no harder than a turbo (until you hammer on it and then 1st and 2nd are nearly useless at WOT haha).

Otherwise, good post!

And to the OP, what I've done to my lude is the Jackson Racing S/C, P28, fuel delivery, clutch/flywheel, 2.5" exhaust and minor odds and ends.
    Thanks.

I'm gonna do a bit more research, compare prices and find a shop to do all the work.

I appreciate the advice.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

what's your budget?
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride

there really isn't one...

I don't wanna spend money on "brand name" stuff when I can get just good for less.... but I plan on having this car for a long time and will be storing it for the winters....

based on the advice I've gotten, I'm gonna do full exhaust + header....

then a turbo, followed by paint job, rims, brembo brakes, better susupension, lambo doors, etc. etc... This is all over the course of this year...

Originally posted by Jlude
    there really isn't one...

I don't wanna spend money on "brand name" stuff when I can get just good for less.... but I plan on having this car for a long time and will be storing it for the winters....

based on the advice I've gotten, I'm gonna do full exhaust + header....

then a turbo, followed by paint job, rims, brembo brakes, better susupension, lambo doors, etc. etc... This is all over the course of this year...

You've run into problems already. Going turbo will make your header useless. The exhaust you choose might be too restrictive for boost and you'll end up replacing that as well.

Turbo + rims + brembo brakes + paint + lambo doors (WTF) = more than 10K.

My Ride

No offence, but you clearly dont have a clue about what you are talking about or getting into. If you really have to burn money this summer, I would suggest sticking to appearance mods until you do your own research and teach yourself a bit as everyone is going to tell you something a bit different in the turbo vs supercharger saga.

Chances are, after doing some research, you'll find out that gaining 100 hp for a FWD car isnt really worth the close to $8000 it will end up costing you.

The most I would do to my lude would be I/H/E. The prelude was meant to be a sporty yet economical to maintain FWD coupe. Stop trying to make it a race car.

Finally, I was actually in your shoes a few years ago. I had about 10 g's put aside and I was stupid enough to be ready to dump it in my car. Luckily for me after doing some research and being dissapointed with minimal gains for the money involved IMO, I dropped the cash on my 600RR instead. Nowhere else are you going to get that kind of performance for less than 10 K.
    Last edited by 5hift; 06-05-2007 at 12:03 PM.

My Ride

fair enough...
    I'm a draftsman... not a mechanic... I do math all day and really don't know much about turbos or after market parts.

The more I think about it... the more it makes sense...

I'll put on the I/H/E and maybe I'll be happy with the performance increase that will give. Also I'll do the cosmetic stuff I've been wanting to do...

I appreaciate the blunt advice...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Those are good points from 5hift but if you shop around you don't need to spend that much. I got all mine done for under 5g's including all labor, it's called being patient and finding the parts deals when they are out there.

Yes, that's still a lot of money but too me it was worth it since I've owned this car since new and still love it. Spending 5g's for more performance was way cheaper than 40g's on a new car. If the money is worth it to YOU then it's worth it.

But like they said, do all your research before you start throwing cash around like a jackass.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Originally posted by 5hift
    Finally, I was actually in your shoes a few years ago. I had about 10 g's put aside and I was stupid enough to be ready to dump it in my car. Luckily for me after doing some research and being dissapointed with minimal gains for the money involved IMO, ....
    Good words, part of the reason I sold the lude and picked up a Teg and boosted it.....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride

Those are good points from 5hift but if you shop around you don't need to spend that much. I got all mine done for under 5g's including all labor, it's called being patient and finding the parts deals when they are out there.

Yes, that's still a lot of money but too me it was worth it since I've owned this car since new and still love it. Spending 5g's for more performance was way cheaper than 40g's on a new car. If the money is worth it to YOU then it's worth it.

But like they said, do all your research before you start throwing cash around like a jackass.

I'll take things slow... wait for deals and shop around... rather than droppin' 10k like a "jackass".. haha

I'm just very impatient... something I have to deal with...

Haha, dude like people said before, you should make up your mind before you throw away $1500 on I/H/E because if you decide to go turbo, the headers for sure and possibly the exhaust will be useless!
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride

Originally posted by arian_ma
    Haha, dude like people said before, you should make up your mind before you throw away $1500 on I/H/E because if you decide to go turbo, the headers for sure and possibly the exhaust will be useless!
    or sell them to me at great discounts

My Ride
    92 Civic-t, 01 VW Golf TDI

i say stick with i/e, and spend the header money towards suspension or wheels

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Otherwise, good post!

Never driven a S/C'ed Lude...only ever ridden in one...so yes my comment on how it drove was without total basis...BUT have driven other S/C'ed cars and likened the experience to that.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    SDS Lambo's and nbaker wild

with a S/C lude, would a test pipe, P28, intake, and injectors be all thats needed?

than a good tune of course.

and didn't Rage make a thread about doing a proper tune of Buh_buh's Lude? i'd love to see that.

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Originally posted by Preslow
    with a S/C lude, would a test pipe, P28, intake, and injectors be all thats needed?

than a good tune of course.

and didn't Rage make a thread about doing a proper tune of Buh_buh's Lude? i'd love to see that.
    Nice bump...

Jlude do you still even have a lude?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast