Quantcast
Beyond's Cruise to Canmore (reminder June 21 is the day!) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beyond's Cruise to Canmore (reminder June 21 is the day!)

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Exclamation Beyond's Cruise to Canmore (reminder June 21 is the day!)

Beyond is presenting "Hollywood's Cruise N' Crash" to beautiful Canmore on Saturday June 21 2003, starting at 2:00pm.

Ok so here is the deal. The event is for BEYOND MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS ONLY! No other forum/club is invited so do not advertise this post to any other forum as I know some of you guys are on other Alberta type forums. Must be 18 or over. This should be a crazy fun event as we will all drive down together there and stay over night and party it up! If there are any video tapings of the drive down please respect peoples privacy licence plates must be edited. Booking is over, you can try to call and ask but I'm sure the rooms are all reserved now, but someone not with us might cancel so if you rally want to come call the hotel for any possible bookings.

The motel is the Drake Inn. It's a great place and across main street near bars and restaurants.

** Saturday June 21 is they day!!!! **
    The Drake Inn
    909 Railway Ave.
    Canmore, AB, Canada
    T1W 1P3
    http://www.drakeinn.com/

The Plan:

Now the start of the cruise down there will be at the McDonalds on the highway/16ave accross from Canada Olympic Park. We will meet at MC'D's at Saturday 2:30pm. Feel free to go earlier to grab some lunch as I think some people will. Then we will all head down as a group. Then when it get closer to the date I will reserve us a whole section in the restaurant to have dinner, prices and food is good. Then there will be a live band playing at the bar too, last time I was there is was a new rock cover band. Then the Rose and Crown is across the street as well, plus I'm sure some people will be having a few soda's in their room.

The Rules (Updated):

1. Pay room in advance.
    2. Must be 18 or over.
    3. Can't be a looser when drunk.
    4. Drugs are not to be consumed inside the hotel room.
    5. No over crowding a room...unless it's me and like 5 girls....then it's ok. But seriously no overcrowding. If 4 people pay then 4 or less people sleep in the room.
    6. Use condoms...as we don't want buh_buh pregnant by some guy at the local gas station.
    7. ABSOLUTELY NO DRIVING YOUR RICE ROCKET AFTER HAVING DRINKS....shit that's what the hotel is for..duh!
    8. Remember to respect the hotel, as we all reflect the beyond.ca name when staying there.
    9. You are responsible for your room, and your actions.
    10. Beyond.ca and my self are also not responsible for any individuals actions who are not staying over night with the group as well.

The idea of staying over night was so people don't drive drunk. Please be responsible.

If you have any questions you may contact myself the main contact Hollywood/Adrian (Green SR 240), and MR8/Mike secondary contact (Silver turbo civic hatch). We frequently attend the 403/beyond meet so you can look for us there too if you wish to talk to us personally.

My Ride

Oh ya feel free to go to Mcd's earlier if your hungry, we will be leaving around 2:30-3:00.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

sounds like fun! too bad i can't afford it and i don't know anywhere here (yet)
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Highlander

Sweet, thanks for the updated info hollywood!

My Ride

Originally posted by Melinda
    Sweet, thanks for the updated info hollywood!
    no problem there sista'

My Ride
    88 crx

i actually live in canmore. my cars at the shop, so i cant come, but feel free to come see me at work. i work at Venice Gifts, right down main street. ill see what kind of "Beyond deal" i can hook you up with. have fun.

My Ride

To reinterate as some confusion has occured;

Just becasue you are not staying overnight does not mean you cant come. Anyone with beyond or beyond's members friends may come to the cruise, just make sure the drivers are not drinking that's all we ask.

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Originally posted by Hollywood
    To reinterate as some confusion has occured;

Just becasue you are not staying overnight does not mean you cant come. Anyone with beyond or beyond's members friends may come to the cruise, just make sure the drivers are not drinking that's all we ask.
    I'll be meeting up with you guys @ McDonald's and cruising to Canmore....Remember people, "Keep it at the Track!"

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by cocoabrova

I'll be meeting up with you guys @ McDonald's and cruising to Canmore....Remember people, "Keep it at the Track!"
    and remember people, practice what you preach!!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

man its 3:20 and i am just reading this for the first time. Man am i dumb. I gotta stay away from the P shop forum. I wanna go!!! Oh well next one. Have a few for me!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Kona9
    man its 3:20 and i am just reading this for the first time. Man am i dumb. I gotta stay away from the P shop forum. I wanna go!!! Oh well next one. Have a few for me!!
    You missed a good time man, everyone did. I'll post the pictures soon, some of them, especially the ones with leo in them (which was pretty much all of them) turned out really well! The group pictures are priceless, they'll all be posted soon

Awesome trip guys, big thanks to the planner man (Hollywood) for organizing this thing

Mel

That was sure an interesting night, almost did a repeat of Fluidic's incident with the moose. We were driving on 1A with 2 passengers sleeping in the back and Kev in the front seat with the rain pouring down hard going at a decent rate of speed when all of a sudden we see this big huge mother of an animal running across the highway. Kev let out some expletives and I swerved towards the right (that coulda been bad!) and let out some of my own thoughts on the matter hahah. The rear seat passengers then awoke to catch a glimpse of the animal as it decided at the last second to not cross the highway.

Holy crap, what a scare, just thought I would share.
    ---

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Fuck Kenny -- it's scary eh!?!? Man, you got off damn lucky. What car were you driving... sounds like you had the power of AMG brakes or something... even though your car doesn't have a back-seat! lol

Peter

I was driving a c230 sports coupe and believe it or not my first instinct was to drive around the beast, rather than brake for it haha... probably a dumb move as that beast was so big I doubt I would be able to drive around it. hahah
    ---

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Originally posted by kenny
    I was driving a c230 sports coupe and believe it or not my first instinct was to drive around the beast, rather than brake for it haha... probably a dumb move as that beast was so big I doubt I would be able to drive around it. hahah
    Exactly what I did!

I should have just tried braking... but going from like 90KPH to zero is like a second... is... well.. impossible for my car anyways!

Glad you guys weren't hurt dude.

Peter

My Ride

The trip rocked we all had so much fun, don't really remember seeing Dirtysohc and melinda much though..(they had a vibrating bed I think in there room) /wink. Plus the missed all the good stuff like Ludelvr getting wasted by 5pm and almost got us kicked out of the restaurant. He even sang happy birhtday to himself....it was soooo funny! Dont even start with MR8 and the Uno cards...or uno fights!

But ya it was a lot of fun, inebreation was the theme that's for sure.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Okay, so when is round 2?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Travel

My Ride
    Highlander

The trip rocked we all had so much fun, don't really remember seeing Dirtysohc and melinda much though..(they had a vibrating bed I think in there room) /wink. Plus the missed all the good stuff like Ludelvr getting wasted by 5pm and almost got us kicked out of the restaurant.
    Hahaha I think you're assuming too much man. Our hotel may have kicked the crap out of yours, but our activites were much the same as your guys'. (And we didn't have a vibrating bed ) And trust me, we saw PLENTLY of leo being inebriated...I have the split roast and hummer pictures to prove it Leo wasn't the one I was worried about though, Mike just about poked everyone's eye out! Haha we even were even woken up at like 3 AM by leo screaming from across the creek. I'm hella surprised you guys weren't kicked out of there! I'm not a huge drinker though man, and Rolland's quit smoking so he is only taking the "smoke areas" (ie: bars and stuff) at little intervals.

Dispite the manager being evil with the reservations, we had a total blast this weekend, and I'm taking tonight to do about a months worth of photo editing so the pictures will be up by tomorrow morning. Definately a good time, next time we should do a whole weekend for sure, we didn't get to see much of Canmore. Wish we could have hit up Banff with u guys but it was moving day Heard u had fun though!

Melinda

P.S. I know I already asked Adrian about this, but does anyone know the name of the band playing at the Drake on Saturday night?
    Last edited by Melinda; 06-23-2003 at 07:51 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Ben
    Okay, so when is round 2?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Ben next round is Hollywoods camping event. Stay tuned.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Ben next round is Hollywoods camping event. Stay tuned.
    Ah Bro, I need to get my Drink on and my Camp on!!!
    Travel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast