Quantcast
That's a lot of rain. - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: That's a lot of rain.

My Ride
    a plane

is not bad here now in downtown stoped raining now for a good while ..
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    This and that.

Wow it's so crazy. I was at work when it started to rain, and as soon as it did, I turned towards my co-worker and said, 'I think it's gonna flood today'. He laughed it off, and when I got off work I saw it all.

My Ride
    party car

Did anyone's power go out completely?

I was at the gym (Spa Lady if you must know) and I was in the middle of my work - out, twaddling along listening to my ipod.. and then out of nowhere you hear a collective scream from all the women in the gym... the power shut off completely... and it didn't come back on! We were all required to leave the gym, luckily I didn't put the CAI piping in my car as I had planned, or else I would've been stuck in the massive puddle on 26th and 52nd... I did however narrowly miss a popped open manhole just before I had to turn, that wouldn't have been very nice..
    I like things with wheels.

My Ride
    14' 435i

yea i lost power at my new place for over 3 hours...

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by DNSDJS
    TomcoPDR

your prob. laughin cause ur business will prob thrive in these conditions wont it ?...

or am i mistakin you for someone else?.
    Yea, I'm the Hail-Boy. But it's way harder work in hail damage than most people think (comparing to minor door dents; and not those big ass ones I "show off" with in my past repair section)... trust me, if you've met me, I ain't about the bling; I might come off cocky on the keyboard but humble in real life

I was one of the few "dent guys" from Calgary that helped clean up the Medicine Hat, 2005 GOLF BALL sized hail. Most of the other guys came out for 2-3 weeks: "Oh, this stuff can't be done" went back home to their door ding used car lot route.

The crew I work for actually fix brand new dealership stuff... here's their site www.autoworxlimited.com kinda cheezy tho. We're kinda like the stealth hail guys that fixes new lot inventory, luckily in Alberta, hail damage repaired will be disclosed against the VIN. (don't know about other province for sure)

It's stressful, non-appreicated work (that's why I'm messed in the head) cuz you got to give confidential discretion and quality to these new vehicles; no excuses for flaws. That's why it's like who the hell is "Tom Co"??? most people talk about like "DENT DEPOT" inc. or something, but we're the ones TRYING to do perfect work because of the nature of the jobs we take on; most dent industry want the public believe there isn't a difference between companies/ technicians; "Oh all dent guys and companies are the same"... I "HOPE" I've proven that wrong, unless some other "dent guy" on Beyond wants to start posting their repairs, you're welcome to use my paid sponsorship forum (if that's okay with Rage2)

Just can't take it that the shops who advertises the most, or has a nicer "dent name" or has a bigger finance budget to go to car shows gets ALL the glory. So decided to at least post my opinions on Beyond...

Sorry Rage2 that I'm using Beyond more as a "SHOW OFF" medium than a business channel. BUT... it kinda backfired where I thought fixing those HARD dents would make the other dent companies look like idiots... but it's apparent when you're fixing stuff like this: who's the REAL idiot

Oh well, I hope I've proven to the other "dent guys" I'm worthy at least

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    I'm sure he's enjoying the thought of all that work... Then realizing how much harder he's going to have to work this summer... Which kind of bum's me out as well as I have a few dent's I wanted him to take a look at haha

I'll see what we (the crew) is dealing with... I mean if we have good size damage within town, my boss will probably keep me here. (i.e. squeeze you into personal schedule on the weekend). I mean, "Friend-girls" you meet in any towns you travel to and never see again, but you only get one chance to impress your home town customers right

And I got a heated garage anyways (if it gets pushed to winter, etc...), unfortuntely it's just a professional wall flush "forced air" so it's not as good as a Radiant Heater
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 06-06-2007 at 06:05 PM.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Originally posted by barbarian
    8th street underpass. The vans are stuck. The one on the left made it out after the water receded (and I assume the water drained out of the exhaust). The one on the right had to be pulled out by a pick-up truck--I assume they flooded the engine trying to restart the car with the exhaust blocked.

I hydro locked my TSX at that exact location this morning. It took a couple hours to find a tow truck. I ended up getting it towed to the Silverhill Acura dealership. When I went to drop off the keys, I was told I wasn’t the only one with this problem. They got a bunch of other cars towed back to them.

The service department called a couple hours later and said the engine is fucked and will need to be replaced. They gave me an estimate of approx. $8500. I called the insurance company (ING) to file a claim. The lady on the phone said they were absolutely swamped today. They received over 200 hydro locked claims.
    Calgary Deals Blog - All of Calgary's Best Deals in One Place.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

I hope your insurance does right by you. How deep were you and was there no other route you could go?
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    Mini

Personally, I don't think the Insurance Company will pay for something like Hydro Locked cars...kinda like I used to live in Ranchlands just before the Bus Trap and I see cars try going through the bus trap and get their car fucked??? WTF?

I would have rather not attempt to go through the water if its deep...basically instead of trying to save minutes people attempt to drive over the water and then have a massive repair bill. What are people thinking LOL.

Originally posted by reiRei
    Did anyone's power go out completely?

I was at the gym (Spa Lady if you must know) and I was in the middle of my work - out, twaddling along listening to my ipod.. and then out of nowhere you hear a collective scream from all the women in the gym... the power shut off completely... and it didn't come back on!
    haha I'm sorry but that's just funny... a collective scream...glad I wasn't anywhere with alot of women when the electricity goes out....or wouuuullddd IIIII beee gladdd?

My Ride
    2014 Sierra, 87 cavi vert

Does anyone have any pics of 14th and 40th ave NE of the lifted chev that went through?
    Speed Doesn't kill, it's the sudden stop at the end.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Did anybody get pics of 14st Northbound beside SAIT on the hill? The road and sidewalk were totally pooched today. Massive heaves everywhere.
    I like neat cars.

ran out of work and drove my car up in a field
    hill never flooded that bad but i was chancing it
    2001 celica pro mod project, in progress
    87 fox hatch,[email protected] skating, stock 5.0 shortblock,91 co-op pump gas, 11 lbs boost

My Ride
    90 jdm ST185 86 ST162

Originally posted by omagedon
    Personally, I don't think the Insurance Company will pay for something like Hydro Locked cars...kinda like I used to live in Ranchlands just before the Bus Trap and I see cars try going through the bus trap and get their car fucked??? WTF?
    If you are paying for Comprehensive which includes things such as: Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Hail, Flood.

It will be covered. Thats why you pay for the insurance

My Ride
    14' 435i

i dont believe flood isnt covered

Originally posted by TEAMFaint

If you are paying for Comprehensive which includes things such as: Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Hail, Flood.

It will be covered. Thats why you pay for the insurance
    So if you doused your car in gasoline and set it on fire, your "fire" insurance will cover it? Driving into a big lake like that and claiming "flood" damage is the same thing.
    ---

My Ride
    MY96 Subaru Legacy LSi

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

... I mean if we have good size damage within town...
    No hail yet Tom, but it should be soon. I'm guessing before the end of June - but my gut says Saskatchewan again. We still make the occasional trip to the Hat to clean up the remnants from last year.
    Specializing in the Art of Paintless Dent Repair for 13 years.

My Ride
    90 jdm ST185 86 ST162

Originally posted by kenny

So if you doused your car in gasoline and set it on fire, your "fire" insurance will cover it? Driving into a big lake like that and claiming "flood" damage is the same thing.

Yah except you know, there isnt an actual lake in the middle of the road when you're driving you know. Its raining hard, you are caught in traffic, you dont always have a choice.

Figure it out.

If you park your car in an iffy area and your car gets vandalised, your insurance company cant just say "You shoulda known better". It'll be covered.

Same instance if you are caught in 20+mm of rain in the span of an hour, car gets flooded when in traffic. You're insurance company cant just say "You shoulda known better".

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by kenny

No, that's called insurance fraud if you try and claim that. If someone else sets your car on fire it is covered. If you drove through a puddle and hydro'd your motor it should be covered. That exact thing happened to a guy here 2 years ago with an SIR with a CAI on it. Insurance bought him a brand new engine right out of the crate.

Then he rolled it a couple months later and my other friend bought it from salvage and put the new engine in his EK!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by PDRguy

No hail yet Tom, but it should be soon. I'm guessing before the end of June - but my gut says Saskatchewan again. We still make the occasional trip to the Hat to clean up the remnants from last year.
    Yo Ernie, Sasha... you guys are up in here eh...

(hahaha, and in my rants, you guys know when I say about "other dent guys" I don't mean u eh)... We tight

Hey, post some repair posts in my thread (if that's okay with site owner Rage2)...

Are you lying to me? Where all the dealerships are calling you guys? Keepin' me in the dark.

Yo, we need to keep this industry straight representin'...

Edit: I hope we don't get any small towns again man, remember this one town I told you about (remain namely), I forgot my sandals, so I had to put 2 Safeway bags over my feet in my motel room cuz the carpets were so ranchy.

Tom Co.
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 06-07-2007 at 04:04 PM.

My Ride
    MY96 Subaru Legacy LSi

It's Brian here Tom, the internet is far too confusing for Ernie and Sasha, lol.

Don't worry, we know who you're ranting about in your threads. Though Ernie will likely give you a hard time about some of your points.
    Specializing in the Art of Paintless Dent Repair for 13 years.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 LastLast