Quantcast
Off Duty Cop Shoots Daughter - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Off Duty Cop Shoots Daughter

I never said it was the guns fault in my earlier post, and it is true that the responsibility of a gun is soley dependant on the owner.

all i am saying is that if you remove a gun from a home it eliminates all possibilities of shooting someone in your home.

going to jail for murdering someone in your house, whether it be an intruder or daughter, would suck giant balls.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by Foozle
    I never said it was the guns fault in my earlier post, and it is true that the responsibility of a gun is soley dependant on the owner.

all i am saying is that if you remove a gun from a home it eliminates all possibilities of shooting someone in your home.

going to jail for murdering someone in your house, whether it be an intruder or daughter, would suck giant balls.
    Removing the gun from the home also eliminates all possibility of being able to defend yourself against an armed intruder.

Getting killed by some cracked out tweeker or rapist would suck infinitly more than going to jail.

It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Anyone who's into "home defense" with firearms should have a system to trigger all lights on at once. 1) A real intruder will probably GTFO when this happens and you don't have to shoot anyone, and 2) you are less likely to shoot your kids.

Ditch the gun. Get a dog.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Originally posted by Foozle
    Ditch the gun. Get a dog.
    A nice hunk of Rottweiller!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by BigMass
    I hope he gets fired as a police officer because I don’t want a cop on the streets that shoots at anything that moves without first knowing what he’s shooting at.
    He wasn't at work, he was sleeping in the safety of his own home, there's a huge difference.

We should have the right to defend our homes with any/all means necessary. Why would you warn an intruder in your home before you open fire, especially in you are a cop in the U.S.? For all he knew, someone he pinched was coming into his home to kill him or his family. You want to give them the opportunity to shoot you first on the off chance that it's one of your friends coming in through your basement window in the middle of the night to say hello? Fucking stupid. Once someone breaks into your home they forfeit their rights, including the right to keep breathing imo.

She shouldn't have been sneaking around and she wouldn't have got shot.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    This and that.

wow the guy must feel like crap, knowing he shot his own daughter.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

He wasn't at work, he was sleeping in the safety of his own home, there's a huge difference.

We should have the right to defend our homes with any/all means necessary. Why would you warn an intruder in your home before you open fire, especially in you are a cop in the U.S.? For all he knew, someone he pinched was coming into his home to kill him or his family. You want to give them the opportunity to shoot you first on the off chance that it's one of your friends coming in through your basement window in the middle of the night to say hello? Fucking stupid. Once someone breaks into your home they forfeit their rights, including the right to keep breathing imo.

Because your ability to react is going to be much quicker than theirs. The reason why cops have their guns or batons drawn beforehand. For example, if your weapon was drawn and you entered a room with an "intruder" who doesn't expect you to be there, you've got a significant advantage over someone.

In this case, he didn't even give a verbal warning/confirmation before firing which is pretty negligent for a police officer.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

lol owned.

thatll teach her from sneaking out any more

It's not about warning the intruder, it's about IDENTIFYING YOUR TARGET. A sniper doesn't yell out at his target before shooting, but he know who or what he is shooting at. There are many ways of identifying your target. A tac light is pretty standard. Flash it in his eyes and make sure it's an intruder before you shoot. It may only take 1 second but it's better than shooting a kid that lost his ball in your backyard the day before.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Theres alot of negatives to having a tac-light too. However you should ALWAYS know your target and be certain of what your shooting and whats behind your tatrget before putting the finger on the trigger.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by e36bmw///
    if it was an intruder and what if he killed him, would he go to jail?
    In Canada, yes.

In U.S., no.

Being a cop or not is beside the point.

My Ride
    is300

wow thats pretty stupid. so if a dude with a gun broke into your house and you shot him first you would go to jail? pretty retarded law

My Ride
    This and that.

^Yeap unless you can show that the act on your part was done for self defence, i.e the intruder must have tried to kill you and in protecting yourself, you ended up killing them.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Hardly.

The reason it doesn't happen up here is because handguns are restricted, and most people follow the law and lock 'em up, whereas in the US, they can put them anywhere.
    yeah so you proved my point...i said "only in america" meaning exactly that, only the lax (and irresponsible) attitudes towards firearms in the US would permit an incident like this to happen...or should i have written "this wouldn't have happened in canada"?

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Damn kids. Sneaking out and such...

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

Well he just solved the issue of how to look like "Crazy Dad" when he meets her boyfriend(s)

"I've already shot my own daughter in the leg for sneaking out - I will aim higher on you if she is not home by 10, or if she ends up pregnant"

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by accordboi_02
    Well he just solved the issue of how to look like "Crazy Dad" when he meets her boyfriend(s)

"I've already shot my own daughter in the leg for sneaking out - I will aim higher on you if she is not home by 10, or if she ends up pregnant"

Haha. He'll invite the poor bastard in:

Dad: Before you take my daughter out, you may want to read this."
    <Hands him a newspaper article>
    Buddy: "...."
    Dad: "Have her home by 10."
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by colsankey
    Theres alot of negatives to having a tac-light too.
    What are the negatives? The tac-light I used had a button that had to be held down for it to be on, you could flash it at will for a fraction of a second if you wanted. Maybe the tac-lights used over here suck ass, but I can't see why they wouldn't sell tac-lights like that in North-America, or why a police officer wouldn't have one. I never noticed anything negative about the tac-light I used. Though to be fair it was attached to an assault rifle, not a side-arm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast