Quantcast
quick question about house parties and neighbours - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: quick question about house parties and neighbours

Default quick question about house parties and neighbours

so i plan on hosting a huge party here soon. turning my place into a Fuel lounge sorta type style. live DJ in the backyard, speakers, music, drinking, etc.
    (this isnt unusual for me to have a party either, i have one every friday but without the live dj)

i plan on starting it at around 2:00pm and ending it around 10pm or so, and bringing it inside.

my question is since ill be having music playing outside, and ya im sure it'll be a bit loud, can my neighbours call the cops on me for like noise complaint or anything during the day?
    cuz if so then that'll be no fun, and itd be pointless to set up a DJ then.

1. ill have the music turned off by 10 or 1030 wutever.
    2. there will be no underage drinking happening.

thanks.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Call 311 and ask them.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 10:43 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've hosted a few crazy parties back in the day. Actually, I hosted one for my bro's friends a few weeks back with about 50 ppl and a guest list.

The secret is to talk to all your neighbors beforehand, let them know you're having a party, and if things get out of hand and they're not happy to contact you directly, etc. Let them know you'll clean up day after if there's garbage.

One of my parties when I was in high school I had about 400 ppl show up, 150 in the house nobody could walk at all... and the rest stuck outside can't get in cuz it was so packed lol. No cops were called, even tho the street was literally packed with cars, ppl, beer hehe.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    I've hosted a few crazy parties back in the day. Actually, I hosted one for my bro's friends a few weeks back with about 50 ppl and a guest list.

The secret is to talk to all your neighbors beforehand, let them know you're having a party, and if things get out of hand and they're not happy to contact you directly, etc. Let them know you'll clean up day after if there's garbage.

One of my parties when I was in high school I had about 400 ppl show up, 150 in the house nobody could walk at all... and the rest stuck outside can't get in cuz it was so packed lol. No cops were called, even tho the street was literally packed with cars, ppl, beer hehe.

hahaha fk that sounds intense! my party is diffenitly not gonna be as big as yours. every friday i usually only have like 20-30 ppl over.
    this one im talking about with the dj n all i plan on only having maybe 40 max or so.
    i guess i shall talk to my neighbours, they better let us though we were the first ones to step foot in our block! 17yrs now.
    erm, but we just got some new neighbours, and they have a kid around the age of 10 or 12 or so. i hope they're fine with it.
    but either than that i have pretty good relations with my neighbours.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

haha my bro's party he had a DJ there too. Pool table, big screen TV with the Houston game on (they lost ), BBQ'ing out back it was like a sports bar haha.

My huge party that I had, this was when I was a DJ, we had a wall of amps and speakers, 2 turntables, and 4 different DJ's thru the night. The sauna was the hot box for the smokers haha. Man did I ever destroy my parents carpet haha. It's all hardwood now at my parents house .
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

I believe they can file a noise complaint even if it's before 11 or 10 or whatever it is... Your best bet as mentioned would be to talk to them beforehand.

haha my bro's party he had a DJ there too. Pool table, big screen TV with the Houston game on (they lost ), BBQ'ing out back it was like a sports bar haha.

My huge party that I had, this was when I was a DJ, we had a wall of amps and speakers, 2 turntables, and 4 different DJ's thru the night. The sauna was the hot box for the smokers haha. Man did I ever destroy my parents carpet haha. It's all hardwood now at my parents house .
    damn i have to learn from you, on how to host good house parties.

ya i plan on having a bbq, renting 2 music speakers from axe music (cuz i really dont feel like destroying my surround sound speakers/ subs), 2 djs through out the day and making everyone bring a 2'6 of some sort of hard liqour so that we will have a full bar setup pretty much, while i supply all the beer needed.
    i dont want this thing to be getting outta control, so im limiting my party to just my group of friends.

and besides i host these things just so that we can party outside and enjoy the nice weather! weather like this cant be wasted by going to the bar.

Originally posted by codetrap
    Call 311 and ask them.
    what is 311? is this liek city bylaw services line or something?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

just "rent" from futureshop . As in buy and return haha. Use a platinum card with insurance on it. That way, if you damage anything u buy, the card covers it. If nothings broken, return it.

With the rental system, you can get some pretty kick ass gear for your party. Like 1000W of audio power haha.

As for what to do for the party to make it kickass, think of all the house parties you've been to, take the best elements, and offer it at your place. That's how I do it... and it usually turns out pretty kickass.

just "rent" from futureshop . As in buy and return haha. Use a platinum card with insurance on it. That way, if you damage anything u buy, the card covers it. If nothings broken, return it.

With the rental system, you can get some pretty kick ass gear for your party. Like 1000W of audio power haha.

As for what to do for the party to make it kickass, think of all the house parties you've been to, take the best elements, and offer it at your place. That's how I do it... and it usually turns out pretty kickass.
    honestly... i didnt go to many house parties back in the day, i hated them because of all the drama, potential fights etc etc. so i stuck to the clubs.
    the reason why everyone likes coming over to my place on friday is cuz we're one huge group of friends, and everyone is cool with everyone else. got some bumpin' beats playing from inside the house, we drink ridicoulus amounts of alcohol and the weather is beautiful.

so this time all i want to do is up it a few more steps by throwing a live DJ onto my patio and cooking up some grub. and ya like i said earlier if everyone were to contribute 1 2'6 of something, then we'd have a full bar.
    another cool thing, my friend is friends with quite a few coors light girls, it would be SICK if he could bring them over. cuz really all we drink is coors.

house parties get stupid when you get random guests start showing up starting shit. thats why i just wanna keep this exclusive to friends only.

My Ride
    Ford F-150

I've always been told that at party's cops cant show up until 11pm for noice violations.

If your neighbours are cool with it you got no problems

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Used to party pretty hard- every weekend when I was *cough* younger buddies and I had a party every other weekend and we lived in a duplex with no complaints.

Everyone that showed had to throw 5 bucks in a hat. We used that to give the cash to the couple that lived next door so they could go out of town Banff/Canmore for the weekend.

Half the time they'd just use it to buy booze and party with us

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    house parties get stupid when you get random guests start showing up starting shit. thats why i just wanna keep this exclusive to friends only.
    Yep... my big party I was lucky... we were prep'd tho, we had a few saw'd off shotguns under the DJ booth in case shit got outta hand . My bro's party, we made him do a guest list and enforced it at the door (except for hot chicks they were allowed regardless). A few ppl came and we turned them down. They broke a lawnchair on my lawn those fuckers! haha.

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

CAll 311 adn ask about permits. If you get a drinking license for the evening (cost $150.00) the cops can;t shut you down till 2AM.
    Also you can ask for an extention on the noise bylaw. That will shut you down at 11pm. City hall 2nd floor you will b able to buy both certs and that make the party legal and no one can shut you down regardless of complaints till 2 am

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
    CAll 311 adn ask about permits. If you get a drinking license for the evening (cost $150.00) the cops can;t shut you down till 2AM.
    Also you can ask for an extention on the noise bylaw. That will shut you down at 11pm. City hall 2nd floor you will b able to buy both certs and that make the party legal and no one can shut you down regardless of complaints till 2 am
    you gotta be shitting me...theres stuff like that for house parties!?
    omg...that would be intense!!! HAHA

have you've done this before? ooo man my neighbours would hate me if i did that...i donno if i should push it that far.

Yep... my big party I was lucky... we were prep'd tho, we had a few saw'd off shotguns under the DJ booth in case shit got outta hand . My bro's party, we made him do a guest list and enforced it at the door (except for hot chicks they were allowed regardless). A few ppl came and we turned them down. They broke a lawnchair on my lawn those fuckers! haha.
    HAHAHA k im asian n all too, but we aint gangsta like you man.

ya but since we're a bit older now, i dont think ill have that problem of having unknowns show up. its not like high school where, word of a house party spreads like wild fire.
    i trust my friends that they wont be telling EVERY single friend they got to come.

Party at WRX's house .... Everyone invited!!!

Hahah jj....

The best thing ever would tell your neighbours before hand... Hell to make it even better , get them a $25 gift certificate to like earls or something , and they can go eat while you have your loud music outside.. Nothing says you care more than free food
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

so where and when is the party? haha
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride
    NC1

holy shit, rage2 knows how to throw a fucking party.
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast