Quantcast
The best beer - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: The best beer

My Ride
    Upass

Originally posted by pints

Did you just order bitter while you were there?
    The taste of Guinness has a lot to do with how it's poured from the tap, if they pour it wrong it tastes like ass.
    No, my cousin took me to a bar and ordered it for us, he ordered a bunch of different ones, but Bitter is the one I remember and liked best.

I was just in Munich and the name of the beer is slipping my mind. Several nights we went to the Hofbrauhaus and just asked for large beers... so it might have been the house beer. Has anyone been there and know what this would be called? It was NOT a dark beer. If you know what it is, are we able to get that anywhere in Calgary?

I hope someone knows, because it was soooooo damn good.

--forced

I was just down south so I decided to head to Willow Park to try some different beers but unfortunately I couldn't recall most of the names of beers mentioned in this thread except rickard's white, which they didn't have, and la fin du monde so I picked up a 6 pack of that, as well as 2 more beers from the same brewery. A white beer, Blanche de chambly and Ephemere framboises.

I'll write up a review when I try it.

Edit: Just finished up the 26oz bottle of ephemere framboises
    -nice darkish red colour
    -overall pretty smooth going down, the raspberry taste is subtle while drinking and leaves a nice after taste

Edit #2:
    Tried the blanche de chambly - pretty pale, sorty of milky colour, also very smooth and pretty much zero aftertaste, would buy this one again
    la fin du monde is some pretty strong beer, 9% has a bite to it but still one of the better beers i've tried
    Last edited by bulaian; 06-18-2007 at 03:29 PM.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

Originally posted by forced14
    I was just in Munich and the name of the beer is slipping my mind. Several nights we went to the Hofbrauhaus and just asked for large beers... so it might have been the house beer. Has anyone been there and know what this would be called? It was NOT a dark beer. If you know what it is, are we able to get that anywhere in Calgary?

I hope someone knows, because it was soooooo damn good.

--forced
    I was at the Hofbrauhouse a couple weeks ago, if you got the one in the 1L mugs it was probably Hofbrau Dark or Original, they were both very good.

heres the menu

http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/01/Spe...tandard_en.pdf

In Munich I liked the Paulaner Pils i think it was the best.

But I really love

Oh Guinness, so absolutely delicious, I can drink so much and not get a hangover, its just...magical.

Though it isn't exactly a summer beer, when I'm sitting on my porch on a warm July evening, I do love a lice chilled bottle of Keiths or Kokanee. I also enjoy the Big Rock brands, Trad mostly.

And though I'm not a fan, I'm pretty sure I saw Rickards White served at the Seanachie a couple wings nights ago, so I'm assuming that Dixon's, Limericks and Killkenny serve it as well for those that want to know.

My Ride
    Nissan Hardbody

Originally posted by accordboi_02
    Hoegaarden is my fav beer.
    It's my favourite lighter beer! As for a dark brew, I love Newcastle Brown Ale!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5