Quantcast
Oil & Gas - Engineering Co-Op Jobs?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Oil & Gas - Engineering Co-Op Jobs??

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Default Oil & Gas - Engineering Co-Op Jobs??

I am hunting for a workterm.

Completed 2 workterms with CNRL, one as a plant operator, and the other in Calgary as an exploitation engineer. Anyone know of any companies looking for co-op students right now (for the fall...sep t1st - dec 31st)

Thanks

I wouldnt say you would have a problem considering your past work experience, but I think your looking a little too late...from what I saw when I was looking for work terms most started hiring back in April...

My Ride
    Sold The Lude

Just check the websites, Most of the other big companies normally post their co-op stuff on the site and you can apply right then and there.

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Originally posted by rinny
    I wouldnt say you would have a problem considering your past work experience, but I think your looking a little too late...from what I saw when I was looking for work terms most started hiring back in April...
    Yeah...had interviews and stuff through our school's co-op office but didn't find a job that I wanted....only 2 oil companies interviewed and there wasn't many jobs offered and some 4th year students snagged most of them. So now I am looking on my own because the co-op office is kinda useless...

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by krisopotamus

Yeah...had interviews and stuff through our school's co-op office but didn't find a job that I wanted....only 2 oil companies interviewed and there wasn't many jobs offered and some 4th year students snagged most of them. So now I am looking on my own because the co-op office is kinda useless...
    Shit if you did time in the plant Write your 4th Class Power ticket. Why not have it as well

You have enough steam time
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ////M

You should probably just look for an operator position again. Like rinny said, you are looking pretty late in the game. I am already placed for January and May next year
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Originally posted by Euro_Trash
    You should probably just look for an operator position again. Like rinny said, you are looking pretty late in the game. I am already placed for January and May next year
    Didn't realize other schools did it that early. At the U of R the "match" was just on thursday, and theres still jobs being posted...but I wanted to do some looking on my own since lthe co-op office is failing miserably at getting guaranteed jobs for U of R students...hence why 80% of the petroleum students don't have jobs for the fall.

My Ride
    ////M

Oh that's too bad to hear. Like you, I don't use the co-op office which is why I am placed so far ahead, but most of my friends know where they will be in January too.
    I didn't think you guys had a Petroleum program over there?
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Originally posted by Euro_Trash
    Oh that's too bad to hear. Like you, I don't use the co-op office which is why I am placed so far ahead, but most of my friends know where they will be in January too.
    I didn't think you guys had a Petroleum program over there?
    Yeah U of R has:

Industrial
    petroleum
    Electronic
    environmental
    software

for engineering programs.

I am in industrial but I have worked in O&G and I like it...no point in changing to petrol anyways since companies always need engineers so they take mech/ind. anyways.

Applied for about 10 companies on my own today...and one job came up through the co-op office. I am gonna keep applying at companies, i have a list of about 30 more i can send resume's to

Default Re: Oil & Gas - Engineering Co-Op Jobs??

Originally posted by krisopotamus
    I am hunting for a workterm.

Completed 2 workterms with CNRL, one as a plant operator, and the other in Calgary as an exploitation engineer. Anyone know of any companies looking for co-op students right now (for the fall...sep t1st - dec 31st)

Thanks
    exploit or explor - ation...

My Ride
    ////M

It is exploitation, kind of a mix of production and reservior. Similar to other companies "Development Engineer"

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Yeah, basically an exploitation looks for ways to maximize the production out of an area. That includes things such as where to put new wells, finding reserves, and ehanced oil recovery. At least for my area thats what I worked on.

What companies are your next workterms at Euro?