Quantcast
iPhone Rumours? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Rumours?

My Ride

Default iPhone Rumours?

Ok, so now that the ads for this monument to all that is awesome are on US stations, it's starting to make me nervous/piss me off about the Canadian rumours.

First, rogers said they were going to carry it, that was in January -- then in march/april they retracted those statements.

Does anyone have their fingers on the cell phone pulse to know what's going on?

My Ride
    Honda CRV

rogers is tossing it up
    to see how much consumer response they get from it
    considering it to be as expensive as a blackberry.. i dont know if they will carry it

the only phone that had anything to do with apple was the razr that had itunes on it..

from what i heard was that rogers didnt get such a great response from alot of customers on that application so thats why they started to slowly fade that out.

with the intro of the iphone... rogers might try to bring to life a dead relation between them and apple, or they might just let it go and pass it over to the fido side of things.

My Ride
    corolla

does it matter?
    apple has already stated that they dont want the carriers offering any discounts on the iphone. They want a set price. Doesnt matter the length of contract. So everyone mine as well just but the phone from a website or apple and toss the sim card in it. big deal.

tobad telus doesn't use sim cards.

My Ride
    Nissan Hardbody

Originally posted by ken-gsr
    tobad telus doesn't use sim cards.
    Yea Telus sucks! I switched to rogers now all I have to do is pop my sim card into whatever phone I feel like using that day!

I am just going to buy the iPhone and stick my SIM card in it and use it Unlocked.

My Ride

Originally posted by ICEBERG
    I am just going to buy the iPhone and stick my SIM card in it and use it Unlocked.
    Same here if I go in that direction

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Originally posted by ICEBERG
    will they come unlocked? i guess if apple is selling them from thier site it wont be locked to a carrier....hopefully it comes unlocked

Originally posted by kongaj
    does it matter?
    apple has already stated that they dont want the carriers offering any discounts on the iphone. They want a set price. Doesnt matter the length of contract. So everyone mine as well just but the phone from a website or apple and toss the sim card in it. big deal.
    That's asumming that you'll be able to buy the Iphone unlocked. I'm guessing that Apple is going to make it very difficult to unlock the Iphone (even though there are dealers on the Internet advertising unlocked Iphones, they are lying). It might be many months until someone figures out how to unlock the phone.

Also, even with an unlocked Iphone, you aren't going to get many of the features that Applie has built into the phone, like Visual Voicemail, because it requires carriers to make changes to their existing systems.

My Ride
    This and that.

I didn't know apple was selling them from their website? Have to check that out.

i wonder what data charges are like for the iphone with a gsm carrier like rogers
    anything below unlimited is not gd enough

Yeah, the AT&T subscribers that get this are going to benefit from a really nice fully integrated device+plan. Once people see how cool this is other makers/carriers will follow suit.

Imagine how great the W950i would be with a data plan tailor to it. Rogers could call it the Walkman plan. You could get weekly tunes based on your likes, early bird concert tix, private events for Walkman club people, music based social networking... etc.

Instead they just sit on their fat asses and do nothing.

Just got off the phone with Apple Canada. They told me the iPhone won't be available here in canada for sale till end of the year. Apple online store will only ship to U.S. and not to Canada. The only way to get the phone at the moment is with contract from AT&T. They said rogers might be the carrier for it here in Calgary but they are not sure. that's all they could say.

I am just wondering if i could drive down to Montana to pick up one and bring it back here? Hmmm, Got to do more research.

Cheers,

My sister's LA address + unlocked iPhone pwnz the wait.

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

the reason why carriers are reluctant to take on the new iPhone is because apple is demanding that discounts are not offered, and they're also taking cuts off of the contract, which carrier's make their profit off of, so rogers/fido were like eff that, why lose money to apple.

this phone kinda reminds me of the razr when it came out, im surprised they arent asking for $1000 for it like when the razr was released...

also to add to the cost is you gotta ship the phone to apple to get the battery replaced which is $80US + shipping and you can rent a loaner iphone for $30. lol that just sounds like too much hassle owning a cell phone. i'll stick with my Prada ke850.

KE850 > iphone

LMAO, what's Prada about that phone? The name?

What a waste of money for a brand name without wifi...

LOL @ the 850 being NOTHING close to the iPhone...

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

I've bought an iPhone, and am currently just using it with the features unlocked minus the cell phone capabilities. there are a few teams out there trying to get them unlocked but it's a bit more complex than just entering a subsidy code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast